Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIKING OCEAN arrived alongside Southampton yesterday and is currently unloading. She is now due to depart to Zeebrugge at 18:15 which will mean an arrival on Monday there.

HELIOS RAY is currently holding in the English Channel in preference to the anchorage she was offered. She is now not due to dock in Southampton until 21:45 tonight. She should be completely unloaded here, including the vehicles rejected by the Israeli authorities - Tesla charter complete. She will then depart on Tuesday.

ALTAIR LEADER is currently crossing the Bay of Biscay. She is in no particular hurry as she is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until late tomorrow night. She was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Nov. Clearly there will be delivery delays for the cars from this ship.

HOEGH KOBE is just approaching Zeebrugge, a day earlier than originally scheduled. She should be alongside in a couple of hours.

NABUCCO is currently passing north of Algiers at 14kts and is on course to arrive in Southampton next Friday morning. Zeebrugge on 28th.

HYPERION RAY is still 280Nm east of Malta and she's making 16 kts on her way to Southampton. The Southampton port schedule still has her arriving next Friday which I don't think she will manage. In any case that arrival would clash with NABUCCO and cause a bit of a headache. She is aiming to arrive next Saturday (which is not a good day to plan to arrive at a cruise port) but even then I suspect she will have to wait until NABUCCO departs. I just get the feeling that she can expect some further delays.

HOEGH TRACER is, as expected, currently making her way along the Suez Canal to then head for Piraeus where she is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. The good news is that her scheduled arrival in Zeebrugge has been brought forward to 03 Dec.

HORIZON LEADER has switched her AIS back on again. She is, as expected, now in the Red Sea making just over 17kts towards the Suez Canal. She has an ETA there of tomorrow night but there is no way she is going to make that - Tuesday mid-morning more likely. I originally estimated she would arrive in Southampton on 01 Dec however that was based on her making Suez on time. She may still be able to make that date depending on when she can transit the canal and if she puts her foot down for a sprint finish to Southampton. We will know more when she exits the canal.

GRAND DAHLIA is currently about 90NM east of Bandah Aceh making just over 17kts heading for Suez. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day. This will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK

VIKING BRAVERY has transited the Straits of Taiwan and is now about 70NM SW of Taiwan making 16kts. She is heading direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.
Mr M, my impression is that there will be more ships for UK deliveries in Q4 2021 than in any previous Q. Do your (meticulous, I’m sure) records confirm this?

Just speculation as lots of texts arrived after VO left port. HR not docked yet
I see. I suppose it could also be that we all received the texts because HR is now preparing to dock.

Bit like people start receiving vins at a random point after the ship left Shanghai.

Either way, I had a text on Friday reconfirming my collection date of 26th, so I’m happy either way. This is going to be the slowest week at work I’ve had in years!! Haha.

I see. I suppose it could also be that we all received the texts because HR is now preparing to dock.

Bit like people start receiving vins at a random point after the ship left Shanghai.

Either way, I had a text on Friday reconfirming my collection date of 26th, so I’m happy either way. This is going to be the slowest week at work I’ve had in years!! Haha.
Lol. It was a very slow week last week. Defo gonna be worse this week 😬

Reactions: LeSloth and Simonix
Got my Reg text at 18:26 also - I think a fair assumption would be they check the VIN, as they come off the ship (or shortly afterwards) and Tesla feel fairly certain that the vehicle will get delivered at that point.
The test would be to see if a flurry of texts arrive for folks once the HELIOS RAY starts unloading.

Reactions: LeSloth and Shakb
Mr M, my impression is that there will be more ships for UK deliveries in Q4 2021 than in any previous Q. Do your (meticulous, I’m sure) records confirm this?
I'm counting 7 ships this quarter compared to 6 in the previous one.
That said, it's hard to estimate exactly how many more vehicles that means, as most of the ships carry cars for both the UK and mainland Europe (unloaded in Zeebrugge), and there's no info on the fraction of cars on each ship meant for the UK. What IS known is that the production rate in Shanghai has gone up this quarter, but at the same time Tesla may want to send cars to some underserved markets (Israel springs to mind). Given the average wait times in the UK for a new order and the lack of inventory, it's safe to say that demand is significantly ahead of the current and near-future supply.

Reactions: Washout
Two Tesla-carrying RORO buddies hanging out in the English Channel.
Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 22.14.35.png

Reactions: jhnbssll
VIKING OCEAN arrived alongside Southampton yesterday and is currently unloading. She is now due to depart to Zeebrugge at 18:15 which will mean an arrival on Monday there.

HELIOS RAY is currently holding in the English Channel in preference to the anchorage she was offered. She is now not due to dock in Southampton until 21:45 tonight. She should be completely unloaded here, including the vehicles rejected by the Israeli authorities - Tesla charter complete. She will then depart on Tuesday.

ALTAIR LEADER is currently crossing the Bay of Biscay. She is in no particular hurry as she is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until late tomorrow night. She was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Nov. Clearly there will be delivery delays for the cars from this ship.

HOEGH KOBE is just approaching Zeebrugge, a day earlier than originally scheduled. She should be alongside in a couple of hours.

NABUCCO is currently passing north of Algiers at 14kts and is on course to arrive in Southampton next Friday morning. Zeebrugge on 28th.

HYPERION RAY is still 280Nm east of Malta and she's making 16 kts on her way to Southampton. The Southampton port schedule still has her arriving next Friday which I don't think she will manage. In any case that arrival would clash with NABUCCO and cause a bit of a headache. She is aiming to arrive next Saturday (which is not a good day to plan to arrive at a cruise port) but even then I suspect she will have to wait until NABUCCO departs. I just get the feeling that she can expect some further delays.

HOEGH TRACER is, as expected, currently making her way along the Suez Canal to then head for Piraeus where she is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. The good news is that her scheduled arrival in Zeebrugge has been brought forward to 03 Dec.

HORIZON LEADER has switched her AIS back on again. She is, as expected, now in the Red Sea making just over 17kts towards the Suez Canal. She has an ETA there of tomorrow night but there is no way she is going to make that - Tuesday mid-morning more likely. I originally estimated she would arrive in Southampton on 01 Dec however that was based on her making Suez on time. She may still be able to make that date depending on when she can transit the canal and if she puts her foot down for a sprint finish to Southampton. We will know more when she exits the canal.

GRAND DAHLIA is currently about 90NM east of Bandah Aceh making just over 17kts heading for Suez. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day. This will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK

VIKING BRAVERY has transited the Straits of Taiwan and is now about 70NM SW of Taiwan making 16kts. She is heading direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.
Thanks for your much anticipated update again, any particular reason 'Boheme' is not on the watchlist, she seems less than 24 hours behind 'Grand Dahlia'

Waiting for my Model Y to arrive in Finland. After some investigation I believe that my car is on the Grand Dahlia.
I got the VIN last week Wed 17.11 after asking Tesla sales. It could have been registered some days earlier since I did not check the VIN from my Tesla site after the previous weekend. Arrival to Finland is scheduled 20.12 which means the ship should arrive to Zeebrugge about one week before.
Is there any other way to verify that the car is onboard Grand Dahlia? Tesla sales do not know on which vessel the car is at the moment, before it reaches Europe.

With Helios Ray two days behind schedule and still not docked this morning (According to the shipping thread), they really are cutting things fine for wed-fri deliveries this week.....!:eek:

That is course, unless this week's cars were actually on Viking Ocean?!

Thanks for your much anticipated update again, any particular reason 'Boheme' is not on the watchlist, she seems less than 24 hours behind 'Grand Dahlia'
Yes but you'll need to scroll back for the reason.
Basically, it's her itinerary. She is very unlikely to be carrying any Tesla's in my opinion. She going to the wrong places and the wrong docks in the right places.

With Helios Ray two days behind schedule and still not docked this morning (According to the shipping thread), they really are cutting things fine for wed-fri deliveries this week.....!:eek:

That is course, unless this week's cars were actually on Viking Ocean?!
HELIOS RAY is most definitely delayed and it would appear that the non-departure of Spirit of Discovery is responsible. I don't know the reason why she hasn't left.

Reactions: Simonix
Status
Not open for further replies.