Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,
Please keep it to ships if at all possible, otherwise folk have to scroll back through loads of posts to find out anything or they ask questions that were answered earlier but are 3 pages back! Thanks

Mod comment: Moved a number of posts to the sticky post of deliveries

Last edited by a moderator:
HOEGH KOBE docked in Zeebrugge yesterday, a day earlier than originally scheduled.

VIKING OCEAN departed Southampton yesterday and is currently entering a busy Zeebrugge.

HELIOS RAY continues to hold in the English Channel, clearly delayed by the non-departure of a cruise ship.
The Southampton Movements board is the best source of information - it is very accurate and updated every few minutes. When she does dock she should be completely unloaded here, including the vehicles rejected by the Israeli authorities - Tesla charter complete.

ALTAIR LEADER is currently cruising up the English Channel. She is in no particular hurry as she is not due to arrive in Zeebrugge until late tonight. She was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Nov. Clearly there will be delivery delays for the cars from this ship.

NABUCCO is approaching the Straits of Gibraltar maintaining 15kts and should arrive in Southampton next Friday morning. Zeebrugge on 28th if her complicated unloading in Southampton goes well.

HYPERION RAY is 150Nm NW of Malta and she's making 16 kts on her way to Southampton. As I predicted yesterday the ship has been further delayed and her AIS ETA is now showing 30 Nov. Her current speed makes this a realistic ETA but the Southampton movements board has yet to reflect this.

HOEGH TRACER is making her way to Piraeus where she is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Delays in Piraeus are not unknown and her arrival there coincides exactly with a sister ship too. At the moment she is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on 03 Dec.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER She continues at 17kts up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal. She is still showing an ETA there of later tonight but there is no way she is going to make that - tomorrow mid-morning more likely. I originally estimated she would arrive in Southampton on 01 Dec however that was based on her making Suez on time. She may still be able to make that date depending on when she can transit the canal and if she puts her foot down for a sprint finish to Southampton. We will know more when she exits the canal. With HYPERION RAY delayed to 30 Nov, it's perhaps just as well for HORIZON LEADER to be a day or two late as well.

GRAND DAHLIA is nearly halfway across the Bay of Bengal. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day. This will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK

VIKING BRAVERY is in the South China Sea making just over 16kts. She is heading direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.

Reactions: LeSloth and kael13
Hello,

Just got off the phone to CS at Gatwick UK. I’m tracking two M3P’s.

Tesla rep advises that two ships are due at Southampton docks quite soon after one another. One on 9th and one on 13th. I have a vehicle on each.

They didn’t give me the ship names but I hope that helps in some way. Would anyone know the name of the ships or know their current position?

Many thanks in advance for what is a great, informative thread.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Hello,

Just got off the phone to CS at Gatwick UK. I’m tracking two M3P’s.

Tesla rep advises that two ships are due at Southampton docks quite soon after one another. One on 9th and one on 13th. I have a vehicle on each.

They didn’t give me the ship names but I hope that helps in some way. Would anyone know the name of the ships or know their current position?

Many thanks in advance for what is a great, informative thread.
That is interesting. GRAND DAHLIA may well move right to 13 Dec. I can't positively identify the arrival on the 9th though.
However, let's assume that the information that CS are working on has not been updated.
In that case the arrival on the 9th would be GRAND DAHLIA and I'm now looking for a ship that was originally scheduled to arrive on 13th but is running late. Could VIKING BRAVERY not be heading to Koper but to Southampton?
Is PARADISE ACE actually a Tesla ship?

My Forecast of SOUTHAMPTON arrivals

22 Nov HELIOS RAY
26 Nov NABUCCO
30 Nov HYPERION RAY
02 Dec HORIZON LEADER
12 Dec GRAND DAHLIA

Helios Ray update, it looks like she’s heading into the docks now. Coincidentally Glovis Century is being tugged out of berth 104. So perhaps HR is docking at 104 instead of the still tied up 101 (Spirit of discovery)?

That's what this link shows (supplied by Mr. M) - Berth 104

• Informative
Reactions: Chocochip
I had an interesting chat with Tesla Support this morning...basically they confirmed that the off-loading of vehicles at Southampton triggers the text/email alerts confirming VINs and registrations and that the timeline from off-loading to delivery is typically 2 weeks, subject to delivery location. They weren't able to confirm which ship my car was on but they were able to confirm it isn't on the one I thought it was (NABUCCO) and that I was due to receive a text/email alert later today, so with that information and a delivery date of 9 December in Glasgow, I now suspect my car is probably on HELIOS RAY. I am waiting with anticipation the arrival of my text/email alert and will be following HELIOS RAY's movements with interest throughout the day!!

HELIOS RAY (blue one) making her way in to Southampton as OLYMPIAN HIGHWAY heads for the USA.

Webcam

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 13.50.57.png

I had an interesting chat with Tesla Support this morning...basically they confirmed that the off-loading of vehicles at Southampton triggers the text/email alerts confirming VINs and registrations and that the timeline from off-loading to delivery is typically 2 weeks, subject to delivery location. They weren't able to confirm which ship my car was on but they were able to confirm it isn't on the one I thought it was (NABUCCO) and that I was due to receive a text/email alert later today, so with that information and a delivery date of 9 December in Glasgow, I now suspect my car is probably on HELIOS RAY. I am waiting with anticipation the arrival of my text/email alert and will be following HELIOS RAY's movements with interest throughout the day!!

Thanks for this - interesting update. My delivery date is 11 December at Bluewater, and I have been assuming (and obsessively tracking!) Nabucco as a result. Let's see if I hear anything on Friday...

Sounds like mine was on VO yesterday 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.