Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What date did
Tesla Customer Support just called me and the lady said that my M3LR is cleared to be handed over at my arranged collection from Southampton on Friday so although I have been following the delays on HR, mine may have been on VO
you get the VIN? Was yours in the 26 (source) 28th October text group? I was in this group and suspected my car was on Helios R.

I had an interesting chat with Tesla Support this morning...basically they confirmed that the off-loading of vehicles at Southampton triggers the text/email alerts confirming VINs and registrations and that the timeline from off-loading to delivery is typically 2 weeks, subject to delivery location. They weren't able to confirm which ship my car was on but they were able to confirm it isn't on the one I thought it was (NABUCCO) and that I was due to receive a text/email alert later today, so with that information and a delivery date of 9 December in Glasgow, I now suspect my car is probably on HELIOS RAY. I am waiting with anticipation the arrival of my text/email alert and will be following HELIOS RAY's movements with interest throughout the day!!

Interesting.. reading all that, I think my car is not on Nabucco The Ship of Dreams (tm) after all. I received a VIN / number plate message on the 18th Nov with a second copy yesterday (21st Nov). This would jibe with my collection day which is 4th Dec, given the earlier report of a 2 week gap between unloading the carrier ship and handing over to the customer.

I wonder if any of the paperwork you get with the car says what ship it was on?

Lovely pictures of HR by the way. These car carriers are strangely featureless. Here's a stock photo of The Ship of Dreams for comparison.

photo-wallenius-wilhelmsen-127149.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: BoredIndividua
What date did

you get the VIN? Was yours in the 26 (source) 28th October text group? I was in this group and suspected my car was on Helios R.
I got my VIN in a text on 19th November although it had been visible on my account for a few days before. I assumed HR as you would think that local collections could be left to the later ship and more remote locations on an earlier ship if the delivery dates are similar

Reactions: NISFAN
I had an interesting chat with Tesla Support this morning...basically they confirmed that the off-loading of vehicles at Southampton triggers the text/email alerts confirming VINs and registrations and that the timeline from off-loading to delivery is typically 2 weeks, subject to delivery location. They weren't able to confirm which ship my car was on but they were able to confirm it isn't on the one I thought it was (NABUCCO) and that I was due to receive a text/email alert later today, so with that information and a delivery date of 9 December in Glasgow, I now suspect my car is probably on HELIOS RAY. I am waiting with anticipation the arrival of my text/email alert and will be following HELIOS RAY's movements with interest throughout the day!!
I had a (second) VIN/Reg text yesterday at about 6:30PM, so this gives me hope my car was on VIKING OCEAN and is now safely on UK shores! Due to collect on Thursday.

Last edited:
Interesting.. reading all that, I think my car is not on Nabucco The Ship of Dreams (tm) after all. I received a VIN / number plate message on the 18th Nov with a second copy yesterday (21st Nov). This would jibe with my collection day which is 4th Dec, given the earlier report of a 2 week gap between unloading the carrier ship and handing over to the customer.

I wonder if any of the paperwork you get with the car says what ship it was on?

Lovely pictures of HR by the way. These car carriers are strangely featureless. Here's a stock photo of The Ship of Dreams for comparison.

View attachment 735979
There is no 2 week gap.

There is no 2 week gap.

I will happily accept your wisdom on this, @Mr Miserable - perhaps the CS agent @UKBluejayGaz is talking about was confused.. Moreover as my collection is from Southampton that'd only need a few of days for inspection / a wash prior to collection.

There is no 2 week gap.
Interesting....the lady I spoke to certainly said that depending on the collection point there could be up to a 2 week gap between off loading and collection....given I collect mine in Glasgow that made sense as I would expect the transporter would be dropping vehicles off at various locations on its way north....so if the gap isn't 2 weeks, how long is it?

Interesting....the lady I spoke to certainly said that depending on the collection point there could be up to a 2 week gap between off loading and collection....given I collect mine in Glasgow that made sense as I would expect the transporter would be dropping vehicles off at various locations on its way north....so if the gap isn't 2 weeks, how long is it?
Well, myself and a lot of other people are receiving their cars late this week.

There have been no ships in the last 2 weeks that could have docked to provide all those orders.

I think the point is the Tesla CS rep stated "UP" to a 2 week gap. looking at previous quarters this year, it seems more like 4-5 days is the average.

There is no 'standard' gap. The cars are available as soon as the paperwork is done and since much of this is done prior to the ships arrival, cars will be heading up the A34 within 24hrs.
There is however December sales figures. Should Tesla wish to top the December 'top selling car in the UK' list they may wish to delay some deliveries until 1 Dec......

Reactions: Berlingoman
Well, myself and a lot of other people are receiving their cars late this week.

There have been no ships in the last 2 weeks that could have docked to provide all those orders.

I think the point is the Tesla CS rep stated "UP" to a 2 week gap. looking at previous quarters this year, it seems more like 4-5 days is the average.
Yeah, I reckon you're right. for those collecting closer to Southampton.

There is no 'standard' gap. The cars are available as soon as the paperwork is done and since much of this is done prior to the ships arrival, cars will be heading up the A34 within 24hrs.
There is however December sales figures. Should Tesla wish to top the December 'top selling car in the UK' list they may wish to delay some deliveries until 1 Dec......
That makes sense....

I ordered on 12th Sept, got my VIN in the source code on 26 Oct and a Collection Date of 30th November in Southampton. I thought my car was on Helios Ray but it seems like a large gap between the ship docking and my Collection date. I responded to the Collection Date options within 10 mins and that was the only date available to me. Am I likely to be on the next ship?

I received the REG and VIN for my M3SR+ last night and have pickup booked from Southampton 7th Dec. I'm assuming my vehicle is on Horizon Leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.