Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NABUCCO is entering the Bay of Biscay and is maintaining 14kts. Her arrival in Southampton early on Friday morning looks assured. Zeebrugge on 28th if her complicated unloading in Southampton goes well. UPDATE. Zeebrugge arrival now 29 Nov.

HYPERION RAY is cruising at 15 kts towards the Straits of Gibraltar which she should pass through later today. Her arrival in Southampton has been tweaked again resulting in a delay until late on 29 Nov. I would ignore the ETA being sent by her AIS. She will also load the Israeli cars deposited in Southampton by HELIOS RAY and will presumably transport them to Ashdod once she has unloaded in Zeebrugge.

HOEGH TRACER docked in Piraeus late yesterday but remains there. At the moment she is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on 03 Dec however I fear this ETA is no longer realistic and it will return to the original 04 Dec at best.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER She is just about to emerge from the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean. Her ETA in Southampton is shown as 01 Dec which I don't believe is achievable and so I expect it to be adjusted to around 03 Dec.

GRAND DAHLIA is maintaining 16 kts as she enters the Arabian Sea SW of India . My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day.

Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! I was surprised we didn't have a direct hit in the NABUCCO competition yesterday because of the number of entries and the narrow route but the bulk of entries clearly expected her to be further north. Click HERE to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition.

PARADISE ACE This is a newly confirmed Tesla ship and will now become the last ship to the UK in 2021. She is currently making excellent progress across the Bay of Bengal at 18kts. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY is in the South China Sea and making excellent progress at just over 16kts. She should pass Singapore tomorrow. She is heading direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.

Last edited:
NABUCCO is entering the Bay of Biscay and is maintaining 14kts. Her arrival in Southampton early on Friday morning looks assured. Zeebrugge on 28th if her complicated unloading in Southampton goes well.

HYPERION RAY is cruising at 15 kts towards the Straits of Gibraltar which she should pass through later today. Her arrival in Southampton has been tweaked again resulting in a delay until late on 29 Nov. I would ignore the ETA being sent by her AIS. She will also load the Israeli cars deposited in Southampton by HELIOS RAY and will presumably transport them to Ashdod once she has unloaded in Zeebrugge.

HOEGH TRACER docked in Piraeus late yesterday but remains there. At the moment she is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on 03 Dec however I fear this ETA is no likely realistic and it will return to the original 04 Dec at best.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER She is now in the Gulf of Suez still making her way towards the Suez Canal. I expect that she will transit the canal tomorow morning. Her ETA in Southampton is now more likely to be around 03 Dec.

GRAND DAHLIA is about 160NM west of the southern tip of Sri Lanka. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day. This will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK
Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! Click HERE to enter

VIKING BRAVERY is in the South China Sea and making excellent progress at just over 17kts. She is heading direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.
Is it possible that the Hyperion Ray is heading to Belgium first before UK, Hence the delay ?

Last edited:
Is it possible that the Hyperion Ray is heading to Belgium first before UK, Hence the delay ?
I can see the logic behind what you are saying but at the moment she is still heading for Southampton.
As for your next question, Zeebrugge to Ashdod is about 8 days at a normal cruising speed.
I would expect her to depart Zeebrugge to Ashdod around 2/3 Dec.

Why does the Nabucco have a complicated unloading? Is there something unusual about this one?
She is not a Tesla charter and has a mix of cars onboard. She will unload her Teslas in the Western Docks but then will have to reposition to the busy Eastern Docks to continue her unloading. She is forecast to cross over at 10:00 on 27 Nov to the Eastern Docks.
At the moment though her arrival in Zeebrugge has slipped to midday 29 Nov.

Did you ask your Tesla Advisor on which ship you MY is? He should be able to tell you!

🤔 that's weird. Did you order a MY Performance or Long Range? Also did you try to contact Tesla to ask what's up?
Its a long range one, i did ask and they said they can not know which ship it is on, however their system is telling them that it should arrive before the 17th of December...

HORIZON LEADER is just entering the Mediterranean. I have got my calculator out and she could just make the 01 Dec arrival if she maintains over 19kts all the way. This is a big ask as the North Atlantic leg up the Iberian coast and across the Bay of Biscay can introduce some weather into the equation especially at the end of November. Having said that the forecast doesn't look too bad however the swell could still be a factor.
So if we see her engaging ludicrous mode and racing off at 19 knots she stands a chance of making it to Southampton on 01 Dec otherwise ......

HORIZON LEADER is just entering the Mediterranean. I have got my calculator out and she could just make the 01 Dec arrival if she maintains over 19kts all the way. This is a big ask as the North Atlantic leg up the Iberian coast and across the Bay of Biscay can introduce some weather into the equation especially at the end of November. Having said that the forecast doesn't look too bad however the swell could still be a factor.
So if we see her engaging ludicrous mode and racing off at 19 knots she stands a chance of making it to Southampton on 01 Dec otherwise ......
I have collection booked for my M3SR+ from Southampton on 7th December. Would you say its on board the Horizon Leader?

After stalking this thread for weeks now, the dealer in Trondheim (Norway) came through on their promise that my "November" M3LR delivery would slip into the "first week of December" as I just got to pick a delivery date.

I sent them an SMS to ask for an update and they stated that the same time frame was expected and I would get an SMS from "delivery" soon - 9 minutes later this SMS came, so for the impatient people here (and why are you reading this if you are not :)), asking for an update might help if you expected some news on the delivery around now.

Could it be so that my car is on that ship as well and not on the Grand Dahlia which I thought earlier? My SA informed that my MYLR is expected to arrive to Finland 22.12.
What's your delivery window? Mine is 27-31 Dec and my car is on Grand Dahlia. It takes a few days for the car to make its way from the port to delivery so it's possible they expect a ship to arrive 22nd, and with Christmas, it leaves very few days for end of year deliveries.

With the above in mind, would it be reasonable to assume that a car expected for delivery to the SC in Glasgow on 6 Dec is most likely on HYPERION RAY?

I can see the logic behind what you are saying but at the moment she is still heading for Southampton.
As for your next question, Zeebrugge to Ashdod is about 8 days at a normal cruising speed.
I would expect her to depart Zeebrugge to Ashdod around 2/3 Dec.
She is on full throttle right now at 16kn. I would suspect she will be cruising at 12-13 based on the fact that there is a delay (to save fuel). With this velocity she will arive way before 29 EOD. Lets wait and see

Look at who is doing 19kts!
01 Dec arrival in Southampton for HORIZON LEADER is still just possible!

What's your delivery window? Mine is 27-31 Dec and my car is on Grand Dahlia. It takes a few days for the car to make its way from the port to delivery so it's possible they expect a ship to arrive 22nd, and with Christmas, it leaves very few days for end of year deliveries.
Tesla will aim to deliver by the end of the year. It's their business model and the end of quarter rush is their speciality.

After stalking this thread for weeks now, the dealer in Trondheim (Norway) came through on their promise that my "November" M3LR delivery would slip into the "first week of December" as I just got to pick a delivery date.

I sent them an SMS to ask for an update and they stated that the same time frame was expected and I would get an SMS from "delivery" soon - 9 minutes later this SMS came, so for the impatient people here (and why are you reading this if you are not :)), asking for an update might help if you expected some news on the delivery around now.
The Trondheim office just sent me an SMS informing me that my M3LR is on the way as well, so I think your asking for an update today was just a coincidence. Unless of course you gave them a nudge on behalf of all of us. If so, thank you :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.