Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla will aim to deliver by the end of the year. It's their business model and the end of quarter rush is their speciality.
I think they incentivise the people to do everything they can to make the deliveries by end of the quarter. My previous Model 3 was also cutting close to end-Q1 2021, and the service center really pushed to make the delivery by the last day, offering to deliver at my place etc. I expected this so I took advantage :)

Hi guys great thread here and new to the forum. Got me checking boat activity these days as well since I’ve shortly Finally! received an SMS stating that my ordered M3LR in July 21 is heading to the Netherlands. About freaking time if you ask me… but until now I’ve got no further messages ☹️. I decided to contact the Delivery Team and all they could confirm is that it will be delivered at Zeebrugge at the 21st of December. So this must be one of them shipments coming from San Francisco. Wonder what boat that could be… guess I need to be more patient 🥱. If anyone has any idea what ship this could be I’m all ears.

Today I bought a Tesla for accelerated delivery in Ireland. Interestingly the VIN begins with 5YJ. The car is scheduled for delivery on December 20th. I didn't think any Model 3's would be arriving into Europe from the US?
Wow. That is a surprise!
There is nothing scheduled to ship from Pier 80 in the coming weeks.
If anything is being shipped from the US it will be from the east coast. Nothing has caught my eye though.

Try putting you vin in this decoder to get an estimate of when it left the factory
Well the output is strange to say the least:
2021 M3 Std Range Plus RWD matched 100%
  1. 5YJ3F7EAXMF823578 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 15-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  2. 5YJ3F7EA6MF823545 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 15-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  3. 5YJ3F7EA5MF823164 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  4. 5YJ3F7EA2MF821288 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  5. 5YJ3F7EA3MF821252 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  6. 5YJ3F7EA2MF821159 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB

Hi guys great thread here and new to the forum. Got me checking boat activity these days as well since I’ve shortly Finally! received an SMS stating that my ordered M3LR in July 21 is heading to the Netherlands. About freaking time if you ask me… but until now I’ve got no further messages ☹️. I decided to contact the Delivery Team and all they could confirm is that it will be delivered at Zeebrugge at the 21st of December. So this must be one of them shipments coming from San Francisco. Wonder what boat that could be… guess I need to be more patient 🥱. If anyone has any idea what ship this could be I’m all ears.
There are no ships forecast to come from San Francisco. To arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Dec the ship would have to leave Pier 80 on 30 Nov.
I have just checked with a contact in San Francisco and there are no ships forecast at the moment and given that this is a holiday weekend he would have been warned off about it. If you have a VIN I would be keen to learn if it starts 5YJ or LRW.

Assuming the ship will be coming from Shanghai in order to arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Dec it would have to have left yesterday. There is one ship that may fit the bill - GRAND PEARL. I don't think she is full since she was only alongside for 12 hours. She is heading for Singapore first. I'll put her on my watch list.

Last edited:
Well the output is strange to say the least:
2021 M3 Std Range Plus RWD matched 100%
  1. 5YJ3F7EAXMF823578 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 15-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  2. 5YJ3F7EA6MF823545 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 15-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  3. 5YJ3F7EA5MF823164 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  4. 5YJ3F7EA2MF821288 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  5. 5YJ3F7EA3MF821252 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
  6. 5YJ3F7EA2MF821159 - M3 Std Range Plus RWD - left the factory on or around 14-Oct-2020 heading for GB
2020! A showroom car perhaps?

Yep, here's a copy of the inventory page that appears to have cached on my phone. Certainly older model specs anyway. I suppose I should try confirm with them what is going on tomorrow. The only interesting spec on the car was that it includes a tow hitch. Standard Model 3 SR+, white with black interior other than that.
IMG_7519.jpg

There are no ships forecast to come from San Francisco. To arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Dec the ship would have to leave Pier 80 on 30 Nov.
I have just checked with a contact in San Francisco and there are no ships forecast at the moment and given that this is a holiday weekend he would have been warned off about it. If you have a VIN I would be keen to learn if it starts 5YJ or LRW.

Assuming the ship will be coming from Shanghai in order to arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Dec it would have to have left yesterday. There is one ship that may fit the bill - GRAND PEARL. I don't think she is full since she was only alongside for 12 hours. She is heading for Singapore first. I'll put her on my watch list.
No VIN in my possession currently. It’s a lease so maybe that’s not communicated directly to me. It’s a LR model so I’m assuming those roll out from the US or is China suddenly producing LR models as well? In that case GRAND PEARL could be the one.

Just as a general observation it looks very much like the chip shortage is no longer affecting car production in the Far East.
Any RoRo ships that were laid up are all now back in service and there is no spare space to be bought on ships departing for Europe at the moment.
Schedules are still very short term but hopefully they will return to normal over the coming months.

Is the Helios Ray fully unloaded by this point? Was curious as to how long it takes.
Guessing my car is actually on the Nabucco judging by my pickup date.
It took a team of 20 drivers about 6 hours to unload Autosun which had a capacity of 6423 DWT to parking a quarter of a mile away when I worked on Vauxhalls. Helios Ray has a capacity of 20000 DWT, it depends how many drivers and how far the parking is away, but the bottleneck is the entrance ramps to the ship, drivers coming off block drivers being bussed back on.

I think this is why in China on WuWa's video they had a team of drivers dropping the cars right outside the ship, and another team taking them onboard.

Another bottleneck is the way the cars park so tight on board, so one/two of the drivers stayed on the ship, found the keys which were often thrown around the vehicle somewhere and spread the cars out like bowling pins so the drivers weren't waiting around for each other each time the buses came on board. The final bottle neck was you can't unload the 2 or more lower decks until the upper decks are all clear, so one deck at a time, I guess this is for ship stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.