Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021MYLR: Spraying HVAC condensor cleaner into intake?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not tried it. I would guess that most of it would end up on the sides of the passageway before it got to the condenser. Also, the filters are in front of the condenser, so any spray that made it that far would get absorbed into the air filters.

Not with AC evaporator coil cleaner spray such as Kool It or Climacleaner. (Use these evaporator coil cleaner products only as directed). I have used Lysol air freshener to reduce AC musty odors in a different vehicle. Lysol spray contains alcohol that can kill mold, mildew and evaporates quickly. Lysol spray comes in different scents; pick one you don't mind as the scent will linger for a few days after use.

Spray the Lysol directly into the air intake of the vehicle or if you can't locate the air intake you can spray the Lysol underneath the dashboard of many vehicle as this is where the air return duct is located. Take your time and spray about 1/3 to 1/2 of the can into the air intake or air return.

If spraying into the air intake have the recirculate turned off. If spraying into the air return have the AC recirculate turned on.

Set the fan to high and the AC to maximum or coldest setting.

After spraying close the doors and leave the vehicle with the AC running for 15 minutes.

This is only a temporary fix and does not eliminate the need to replace the cabin air filters in the Tesla Model Y every 2 years or as needed depending on the environment (dust, pollen, smoke, etc.)

dont do this with the hepa filter
they updated the My design so its easier to remove the cabin air filters now. Don't need to remove the bottom passenger plastic piece. Just the large felt piece on the side. NOt sure if yours is the new one

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe