Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think I need to go through the safety score thing again or just opt out and wait until FSD catches up with base version.
I don't think the score thing matters anymore (at least for now). It isn't super clear when >= 69.3 will make it into the "base version" (which I am guessing is 44.x). I suspect if you are able to get in contact with Tesla support and explain what happened they *might* be able to reset you?

We are all speculating/guessing, but my guess is people on version 2022.40.x (and higher) wanting to join FSDb (and have pushed the FSDb request button) should just hold off installing any updates until offered the FSDb software branch. There may not be a merge since there are still cars that won’t be eligible (i.e. - haven’t purchased/subscribed to FSD Capability package, older cars without the required hardware, etc.).

For what it’s worth, FSDb software branch has always lagged behind production AP branch. FSDb branch lagged behind production AP branch even worse/further behind for the YouTuber/hand-selected group before SS.

We have two Model 3s: 2018 LR RWD w FSDb since the first SS 100 group (over a year ago) and a 2022 M3P on production AP. We switch back and forth which car we each drive, so I’m constantly going between “ridiculously fast and fun driving and newest features” and “this feels slow now and is missing newest features and I have to manually open the trunk but it has FSDb so I’m still amazed”. We opted into FSDb queue in the newer one as well, but already updated to 2022.40.4.2. 2022.44.2 has been downloaded and awaiting installation for days. I just ignore it.

Reactions: KArnold and Gbills

Attachments

• FD07EC52-2424-4032-BA79-68299E217490.jpeg
    FD07EC52-2424-4032-BA79-68299E217490.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 83
Im on 2022.44.x what does that mean? Thanks
That means you will likely need to wait until Tesla releases software that has a version number later than 2022.44.x to get FSDb. I believe the most likely event will be full release of FSDb to all FSD cars in the holiday update. While this is not guaranteed, wide release of FSDb was stated by Elon to be a major goal for Tesla.

In any event, I suggest that you not install any new updates until one is released with FSD beta and is later than your build number.

Reactions: Jarvis20
I don't think the score thing matters anymore (at least for now). It isn't super clear when >= 69.3 will make it into the "base version" (which I am guessing is 44.x). I suspect if you are able to get in contact with Tesla support and explain what happened they *might* be able to reset you?
I finally got in touch with support and they said nothing they can do for me but to wait for another version.

I'm still on 36.20 and I am pretty confused by the whole 40.x and 44.x thing in general. I'm guessing that 40.x is going to be the merged FSDb single stack thingie. But unclear what FSD version will be going into 44.x
Your branch (36.20) is 10.69.3.1 the 40.4 branch is 10.69.3.3 and the 44.x branch to be announced. Someone correct me please if I miss stated anything.

Reactions: Jarvis20