Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JHCCAZ , I subscribed to FSD just past midnight today. As of now, 2023.12.10 is being updated. Previously, I had 2023.12.9 nagging me to install, but I never did. We'll soon see if I can toggle on FSDb. Thanks for all the past discussions and advice. They helped a lot.
You're welcome and thanks back to you for the exciting update!

I told my son to subscribe last night and it looks like he's already getting offered the update, but won't have Wi-Fi until he gets back to his house. I told him that he may or may not be able to toggle the beta on right away, based on varying reports. Let us know how that goes.

Reactions: snovvman
You're welcome and thanks back to you for the exciting update!

I told my son to subscribe last night and it looks like he's already getting offered the update, but won't have Wi-Fi until he gets back to his house. I told him that he may or may not be able to toggle the beta on right away, based on varying reports. Let us know how that goes.
I was able to toggle on as soon as the update was done. Just had my first fsd beta drive!

That's great. I see a fewmessages from people who let it rip right out the gate and had a bad experience. It's extremely capable but you have to understand the boundaries of trust. So take care and I hope you really enjoy it!

Wise insights--thank you. I was watching it like a hawk and took over whenever I thought appreciate. Although I was seduced by the tech, I am sober about what it can do and what it can't do, what it is and what it isn't. Even with all the limitations, it's an impressive technology achievement still in progress. The car is literally another tech toy and I'm enjoying it.

I hope your son gets to have fun with it soon!

Reactions: JHCCAZ
I hope your son gets to have fun with it soon!
Successful on that front. He told me he went to Costco after work and it was ready to install, estimated 25 minutes, so he agreed and went inside. Of course it took twice that long with the big pause at 60%. But then he was able to use FSDb right away on the drive home. He told me he had weirdness and disengagements in a few places, but overall it handled a complex route pretty well.

When I first got the beta, I waited until 1:00 a.m. and went out on non-complicated empty streets to play with it. He's younger and braver and without my eyesight challenges.