Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not all M3's... my 2019 has the Intel Atom... what on Earth made them use such a horrible CPU?😐
I doubt anyone was thinking about running Steam on cars back when this design choice was made. The Tesla UI with the Atom processor was vastly superior to everything else on the market.

For Tesla, range is king. The Ryzen processor added to the 3/Y in late 2021 decreased range by 13 miles. It probably makes running sentry mode take more energy as well. The less power hungry Atom processor was a good choice. It may actually still be better than the Ryzen for most people.

I doubt anyone was thinking about running Steam on cars back when this design choice was made. The Tesla UI with the Atom processor was vastly superior to everything else on the market.

For Tesla, range is king. The Ryzen processor added to the 3/Y in late 2021 decreased range by 13 miles. It probably makes running sentry mode take more energy as well. The less power hungry Atom processor was a good choice. It may actually still be better than the Ryzen for most people.

Yeah, I would take 13 miles of extra range over absolutely any feature added by the Ryzen CPUs. Glad I have the Atom!

YES to the return of cards and new MyQ support!!

I'm going to play dumb for a sec - one of the other features in this update is to view camera during Dog mode - I have a 2021 Model Y with Intel Atom computer - do I have an in-cabin camera for this feature?
The camera has been watching you the whole time. It would kick you out of autopilot if you stared at your phone

Not sure which pop-up you’re referring to

This one:

tesla-v11-4.jpeg

Addendum to my earlier review: I've already switched off the automatic turning off of the turn signal. It seemed to work ok in certain situations but didn't behave as expected in others, either leaving it on when it shouldn't have, or turning it off earlier than I would have liked. Ultimately, I think this is one of those things that doesn't need to be automated. Holding down the stalk halfway while making a lane change or taking an exit really isn't taxing.

So first off, I'm new to owning my tesla and LOVE it!!! I took delivery of my 2023 M3 RWD Midnite silver metallic last Wed was on 2022.40.100 have checked tonight it still says its up-to-date is this normal? i have it set to advanced to get the update sooner (in theory) just curious how long the roll out takes?

So first off, I'm new to owning my tesla and LOVE it!!! I took delivery of my 2023 M3 RWD Midnite silver metallic last Wed was on 2022.40.100 have checked tonight it still says its up-to-date is this normal? i have it set to advanced to get the update sooner (in theory) just curious how long the roll out takes?
I’ve had my Y for a couple of weeks. People said it could take 4-6 weeks to get off of the factory software. I’ve had one update from 40.200.1 to 40.300.1 about a week ago.

Reactions: DrGriz