Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X LR - Resale or Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 14 months (Nov 2020!) of waiting with little to no direct communication from Tesla I received a VIN for new Model X and expected delivery by Feb 4th. "Problem" is my wife got tired of waiting and decided to go a different route in November. I'm considering buying the car driving it for a few months and reselling, but was wondering if it is possible just to transfer the allocation to an interested buyer before purchase. I see the second hand market for a 2022 Model X LR is $149,999 (I doubt those resellers will get those prices though🤔).

Model X LR, White Exterior, White Interior, 20 inch wheels, 6 seater, NO Autodrive upgrade, and no changes can be made at this point.

So I decided to avoid the risk associated with transferring my allocation and took possession of my brand new Model X today. Does anyone know if Tesla could penalize me somehow for flipping my MX LR? I put my reservation down with an intent to keep it but since moved on due to the wait (I am a happy owner of a Model 3 performance).

The interior is beautiful btw, not sure about the Yolk (yet to drive it though).

Attachments

• 73823026-BFE1-49A2-B603-94846B2B20F9.jpeg
    73823026-BFE1-49A2-B603-94846B2B20F9.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 169
So I decided to avoid the risk associated with transferring my allocation and took possession of my brand new Model X today. Does anyone know if Tesla could penalize me somehow for flipping my MX LR? I put my reservation down with an intent to keep it but since moved on due to the wait (I am a happy owner of a Model 3 performance).

The interior is beautiful btw, not sure about the Yolk (yet to drive it though).
Where you located?

May be for transferring the reservation but I highly doubt they can do anything once you took the possession of the car. It’s YOUR car now