Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

2022 Model X LR - Resale or Transfer

After 14 months (Nov 2020!) of waiting with little to no direct communication from Tesla I received a VIN for new Model X and expected delivery by Feb 4th. "Problem" is my wife got tired of waiting and decided to go a different route in November. I'm considering buying the car driving it for a few months and reselling, but was wondering if it is possible just to transfer the allocation to an interested buyer before purchase. I see the second hand market for a 2022 Model X LR is $149,999 (I doubt those resellers will get those prices though🤔).

Model X LR, White Exterior, White Interior, 20 inch wheels, 6 seater, NO Autodrive upgrade, and no changes can be made at this point.

So I decided to avoid the risk associated with transferring my allocation and took possession of my brand new Model X today. Does anyone know if Tesla could penalize me somehow for flipping my MX LR? I put my reservation down with an intent to keep it but since moved on due to the wait (I am a happy owner of a Model 3 performance).

The interior is beautiful btw, not sure about the Yolk (yet to drive it though).

Attachments

• 73823026-BFE1-49A2-B603-94846B2B20F9.jpeg
    73823026-BFE1-49A2-B603-94846B2B20F9.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 74
So I decided to avoid the risk associated with transferring my allocation and took possession of my brand new Model X today. Does anyone know if Tesla could penalize me somehow for flipping my MX LR? I put my reservation down with an intent to keep it but since moved on due to the wait (I am a happy owner of a Model 3 performance).

The interior is beautiful btw, not sure about the Yolk (yet to drive it though).
Where you located?

May be for transferring the reservation but I highly doubt they can do anything once you took the possession of the car. It’s YOUR car now

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC