Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS LR Dead as a Doornail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hodapper

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2021
Little Rock, AR
Got into my 3.5 month old MSLR and heard a "POP". Then all the action happened. Received a BMS-a059, Vehicle may not restart, a VCBATT_a191, Electrical system power reduced and a VCFRONT_a192, Electrical system is unable to support all features. Called Roadside Assistance who were very responsive, but based on the errors they were seeing on their side, the best thing to do was to tow it to the nearest SC. The nearest SC for me is Memphis which is a 2.5 hour drive. Within 90 minutes, a flatbed trailer arrived to take it to Memphis for repairs. I was hoping this would be just a 12 volt battery problem, it appears to not be. Any ideas based on the above error codes if this is a main battery issue?

High voltage fuse blowing is what that noise was. It could be as simple as the safety interlock loop being disconnected, or an inverter shorting out and requiring a drive unit replacement. Won't know until they do their diagnostics. Either way most other posts say it's at least a few weeks in the shop to get parts in.

High voltage fuse blowing is what that noise was. It could be as simple as the safety interlock loop being disconnected, or an inverter shorting out and requiring a drive unit replacement. Won't know until they do their diagnostics. Either way most other posts say it's at least a few weeks in the shop to get parts in.
Yes, currently they are quoting two weeks (May 4th).

As an update, Tesla diagnosed it a the rear drive inverter and high voltage fuse. Total time for parts and repairs were 10 days. Car is back on the streets and running fine!
How’s your car? My new 2022 model S faced a similar issue last Sunday and was towed to service Center. They quoted rear drive unit power inverter replacement

Is it something major that I should consider claiming it’s a lemon? My car is also 4 months old…

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
How’s your car? My new 2022 model S faced a similar issue last Sunday and was towed to service Center. They quoted rear drive unit power inverter replacement

Is it something major that I should consider claiming it’s a lemon? My car is also 4 months old…
The repair on the car put it back into full operation with no noticeable changes. Don't know if it qualifies, but most states lemon laws say, the manufacturer is required to comply if after 3 attempts to repair a substantial defect that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury . If it happens again, during the warranty you might have a claim,

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
You can't claim lemon law for one thing going wrong the very first time that is about to be repaired. That's not what lemon laws are.

Lemon laws are generally for two types of conditions:
1. (most common) One particular thing repeatedly going wrong over and over. That's obviously not the case here where something breaks the very first time.

2. Some states have an extra provision in their lemon laws if the car is out of service for a VERY long time getting repaired. This covers situations where it may have three or four different things that needed to get repaired, but the repairs kept taking a long time and maybe you didn't have access to the car for X number of months within the first two years, or something like that.

• Informative
Reactions: mscott