Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the OLD HEADLIGHTS nightmare over now finally ? Or are newer builds / VINs still getting the old lights ?
New builds seem to be getting the matrix lights again **for now**, but the nightmare isn’t going to be truly over until the whole chip shortage and supply chain delays are over.

If there’s another shortage or delay of matrix lights to the Fremont factory then they could just as easily start using the old lights again.

I got a new VIN (251) 3 days after I rejected my first (236). I don’t think you go back to the end of the line if you reject delivery.
Every SA has a different story to tell. Don’t worry about it too much. There more merits with members reporting actual findings than what they say.
That's what I thought, but I rematched with the same VIN, she put a "3 day hold" on the account to prevent the match, and now my EDD moved to Aug-Sep :(

Is the OLD HEADLIGHTS nightmare over now finally ? Or are newer builds / VINs still getting the old lights ?
The headlight nightmare is temporarily over, but the real nightmare is we don't know what Tesla's bottom line is, this time an old headlight, people might not care much, how about the old Intel MCU next time? What really scares me is the lack of communication. So when I got the car, I don't know what's potentially missing or downgraded silently.

Interesting discussion. I am in an odd situation. I am taking delivery on Saturday and have a VIN of 227xxx. That seems pretty low compared to what others are seeing recently.
I don’t know the build date....but I talked to the SA and he said his person could not take delivery so I was next on the list.

just thought it was odd my vin was 227xxx range.

Interesting discussion. I am in an odd situation. I am taking delivery on Saturday and have a VIN of 227xxx. That seems pretty low compared to what others are seeing recently.
I don’t know the build date....but I talked to the SA and he said his person could not take delivery so I was next on the list.

just thought it was odd my vin was 227xxx range.
If the previous person "could not take delivery" it may mean any number of issues unrelated to the condition of the car came up (medical emergency, schedule conflict, etc.

But make sure you check it over as it could actually be a rejected car.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
My VIN is 250xxx and build date is May 5th. SA did not confirm whether it has matrix headlights or not but I’m really hoping it does….deliver is on Wednesday, May 18. Getting married in July and need a car for the wife and I so really not sure if I can afford to wait past that.

Reactions: amarchcan
The previous VIN was 2389XX and LR. Swung through the SC and most of the cars that were in that delivery had reflector lights except for two P's. I'd be tempted to pay extra to get a P, but I like 18" wheels and don't want to mess with aftermarket. I'll just be patient. I had ordered at the end of January, so I know the madness of changing EDD dates.