Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to have my VIN unassigned due to the premium lights and put my order on hold until these substitutions hopefully subside. I was told I can only put it on hold a max of 2 weeks? Is that right? My OD was 3/6. Also, does having a VIN unassigned count as one of your two rejections before your order is cancelled?

Alright gang, drove by the dealership and found my car. I got the old lights! 263 VIN. Michelin tires though! Looking forward to pick up on Saturday

Attachments

• 9B0994AB-B9FD-4D0A-9539-F952DA4D0D00.jpeg
    9B0994AB-B9FD-4D0A-9539-F952DA4D0D00.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 1FC9D20A-6C28-4D01-9C27-644CB17BF6CA.jpeg
    1FC9D20A-6C28-4D01-9C27-644CB17BF6CA.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 130
Are you going to try and put in a service request to get the headlights changed to matrix?
Don’t think they can do that. Got assigned VIN 263xxx with old lights & SA confirmed it cant be changed. I initially accepted it but rejected after seeing everyone with VINs 264 & up getting the matrix lights. VIN was released awaiting a new VIN reassignment

I was going to release my VIN (261xxx) because it has old lights, but after seeing gas now starting to creep up over $6, yeah, screw it, I'll just take delivery. 😄
I just received a call from my local service center about delivery and on the call, I asked them to confirm which headlights it has. He told me it has the new global, matrix headlights.

My SA that I texted the other day said me I had "premium headlights" but probably got confused that "premium" meant the old ones on the build sheet. She did ask me to confirm with my service center so she probably wasn't sure how to check.

Great news!!!!!

Reactions: Kowalshy
I just received a call from my local service center about delivery and on the call, I asked them to confirm which headlights it has. He told me it has the new global, matrix headlights.

My SA that I texted the other day said me I had "premium headlights" but probably got confused that "premium" meant the old ones on the build sheet. She did ask me to confirm with my service center so she probably wasn't sure how to check.

Great news!!!!!
Hoping you get the matrix lights but 261xx VIN seems to be within the range of the second run of reflector lights based on existing data points…🫤

Hoping you get the matrix lights but 261xx VIN seems to be within the range of the second run of reflector lights based on existing data points…🫤
Looks like I was lied to. I just got to the center and my car has the old ones.

My SA told me I had old lights, but a call from the delivery center yesterday told me I have new ones, so I was excited.

You would think the local team might be better but they are just as useless as some of the service advisors.

I’ll still be taking delivery but I should have known to get my hopes up.

• Disagree
Reactions: CEEV and E90alex
Looks like I was lied to. I just got to the center and my car has the old ones.

My SA told me I had old lights, but a call from the delivery center yesterday told me I have new ones, so I was excited.

You would think the local team might be better but they are just as useless as some of the service advisors.

I’ll still be taking delivery but I should have known to get my hopes up.
It really sucks how inconsistent these SAs are in what they know. Congrats and enjoy the car though!