Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 296xxx assigned last night.
Manufactured yesterday.
Projector headlights, AMD, new Li-ion battery, and Continental tires.

Not sure why the new Li-ion battery important.

I’m going to keep the projector lights since I don’t care about blinding the on coming cars. 😂 I rather see then lights dimming for the other driver.

Manufactured yesterday.

I’m going to keep the projector lights since I don’t care about blinding the on coming cars. 😂 I rather see then lights dimming for the other driver.
Projector = global/matrix. Do you mean reflector/premium lights?

Reactions: Kowalshy
I believe you can take a pass on one assigned VIN, but if you cannot or will not accept the second assigned VIN, your order will be canceled. This is risky business for those of us who ordered at a much lower price then the current price. Remember that they usually give you a three-day window to pick up the car when it is ready, if you cannot pick it up on one of those days the car will be assigned to someone else. To me the headlights are not worth taking chances on losing my locked-in lower price.
Agree. I used my one vin release in hopes of getting new lights, but to also get my states $4k rebate starting in a couple weeks. I’ll take the next one if I don’t have another option.

Reactions: E90alex
Manufactured yesterday.

Manufactured yesterday.

Matrix Headlights test

Matrix lights have a round projection lens inside. Regular lights have just angular reflector pieces
Thanks all - this one helped.

Got my M3-LR this evening and it DID come with Matrix lights. Vin 269xxx (ordered in March).

Dayum this car is sweet! Early read is this thing is worth the wait. Good luck to all awaiting.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 100
oh yeah, the other odd thing with mine. They delivered to my house, but when I came out, the car was locked and the Tesla rep (real nice dude) said I had to accept delivery before they'd unlock it. He said it was standard procedure now. Basically invalidated 2/3 of my checklist (inside stuff) I was ready to go thru. Weird, but aight.

Only ONE new Model 3 non-performance at my SC today waiting for PDI. Matrix. 6/11 build, VIN 277xxx

About 4-5 new Performance all with matrix.

One new Model 3 non performance in the process of getting delivered with premium lights but I wasn’t about to run up on them to check their VIN 🥴

• Funny
Reactions: CEEV
How will you feel if the other driver crashes into you because they cannot see?

In any case, IIHS says that both the Global and Premium headlamps' low beams do not exceed glare thresholds. However, whatever headlamps were used before July 2018 had "some glare".

Manufactured yesterday.

Is yours RWD or LR?
Matrix or premium headlights?
Did you received your car or waiting on delivery date?