Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest satellite position of vessels positively identified as carrying Teslas is shown below.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 15.13.37.png

GRANDE CALIFORNIA flooded Southampton's Western Docks yesterday with M3s and will arrive in Zeebrugge later this evening.
HYPERION RAY is expected in Southampton late on 08 Feb and Zeebrugge on 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb but is running at least 24hrs late at the moment. Let's hope she isn't further delayed in Livorno. She is not a Tesla charter, Tesla are just using her to ship some Teslas to Zeebrugge.
As has already been pointed out VIKING BRAVERY's ETA for Southampton is confirmed as 14 Feb. Zeebrugge 16 Feb.
This rules this ship out from being a potential Ashdod ship.
SFL COMPOSER I estimate she will arrive Southampton around 24 Feb, Zeebrugge 26 Feb

The following chart shows the latest satellite positions of ships on my watch list:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 15.11.43.png

We seem to be looking at HELIOS RAY as being the potential Ashdod ship, if she is confirmed as a Tesla vessel. (Poss ETA Ashdod around 15/16 Feb)
She will probably then carry on to Southampton/Zeebrugge and I reckon we are looking for an arrival around 25/26 Feb.

LAKE WANAKA has docked in Singapore and by doing so, has removed herself from my watch list. If she departs to Jebel Ali she may spark some interest for those waiting in Dubai.

As expected ASIAN EMPEROR departed to Singapore and was replaced at Shanghai South by ASIAN EXPLORER. I couldn't readily identify an obvious candidate to be the next in line for Shanghai South and was beginning to think the surge was complete when a tip came in for me to keep my eye on RCC AMSTERDAM. We shall see....

Competition results for HYPERION RAY tomorrow!!

The latest satellite position of vessels positively identified as carrying Teslas is shown below.

View attachment 764809

GRANDE CALIFORNIA flooded Southampton's Western Docks yesterday with M3s and will arrive in Zeebrugge later this evening.
HYPERION RAY is expected in Southampton late on 08 Feb and Zeebrugge on 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 12 Feb but is running at least 24hrs late at the moment. Let's hope she isn't further delayed in Livorno. She is not a Tesla charter, Tesla are just using her to ship some Teslas to Zeebrugge.
As has already been pointed out VIKING BRAVERY's ETA for Southampton is confirmed as 14 Feb. Zeebrugge 16 Feb.
This rules this ship out from being a potential Ashdod ship.
SFL COMPOSER I estimate she will arrive Southampton around 24 Feb, Zeebrugge 26 Feb

The following chart shows the latest satellite positions of ships on my watch list:

View attachment 764814

We seem to be looking at HELIOS RAY as being the potential Ashdod ship, if she is confirmed as a Tesla vessel. (Poss ETA Ashdod around 15/16 Feb)
She will probably then carry on to Southampton/Zeebrugge and I reckon we are looking for an arrival around 25/26 Feb.

LAKE WANAKA has docked in Singapore and by doing so, has removed herself from my watch list. If she departs to Jebel Ali she may spark some interest for those waiting in Dubai.

As expected ASIAN EMPEROR departed to Singapore and was replaced at Shanghai South by ASIAN EXPLORER. I couldn't readily identify an obvious candidate to be the next in line for Shanghai South and was beginning to think the surge was complete when a tip came in for me to keep my eye on RCC AMSTERDAM. We shall see....

Competition results for HYPERION RAY tomorrow!!
Is there any way to find out their stops until their final destination (port)? I am interested in the ships that stop in Greece. Thank you

Greetings! I've been following this thread closely even though I'm waiting for my Model 3 in Finland since this thread has extremely valuable information, kudos to Mr Miserable.
Just got my VIN (858XX) in the source code. Estimated delivery window was postponed from "February" to March 1st - March 15th. I assume that it would either be on one of the confirmed Tesla ships already well under way or on one of those that have just departed Shanghai.

Is there any way to find out their stops until their final destination (port)? I am interested in the ships that stop in Greece. Thank you
No Teslas are unloaded in Greece from Shanghai.
At the moment we have 2 EU ports of entry, Zeebrugge and Koper. Whilst it may be logical to expect that cars to S Europe would all be shipped via Koper this has not been the case in practice so far.
On occasion large (1500+) shipments will be shipped direct without crossloading at the ports of entry and since 2019 we have seen shipments like this to Drammen, Oslo, and Amsterdam. We also saw last quarter some cars unloaded in Spain because the ship was running so far behind schedule the crossloading connections had been missed and would have missed the end of quarter delivery deadline.
It may be worth asking your local Tesla where in Europe your car will be imported to and how it will be transported to Greece.

SFL COMPOSER is not hanging around.
Its not unusual for ships to keep up their speed as an anti-piracy measure in certain areas regarded as high risk such as the Straits of Malacca but SFL COMPOSER has engaged ludicrous mode and is continuing to maintain 20 kts.
I'm going to bring forward my ETA in Southampton for her to 23 Feb and Zeebrugge 25 Feb.

Its not unusual for ships to keep up their speed as an anti-piracy measure in certain areas regarded as high risk such as the Straits of Malacca but SFL COMPOSER has engaged ludicrous mode and is continuing to maintain 20 kts.
I'm going to bring forward my ETA in Southampton for her to 23 Feb and Zeebrugge 25 Feb.
maybe they bought the performance pack?

Even with ludicrous mode enabled, surely she can't make Southampton by 14th February. Why would marinetraffic be suggesting that as an ETA?

I wondered that, but it does say Southampton as her destination alongside the ETA.
I have shared my estimate for her arrival in Southampton.
That AIS ETA is clearly incorrect and as someone has correctly pointed out it is very likely to be her ETA for Suez.
AIS info is prone to error and we now have 2 ships just this quarter where ETAs have been incorrect. You will recall that the first was GRANDE CALIFORNIA when she emerged from Suez with an ETA for Southampton of 02 Mar.
I calculate my ETAs and also monitor the ships progress to see if that ETA needs updating, as in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.