Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neh, my guess would be they just cleared their AIS where SUNK is really like NULL in computer terms. Or at least I hope so for many. At the same time it seems that both VIKING BRAVERY and GLOVIS CONDOR are being delayed from port entry at zeebrugge. I guess there is some congestion ongoing…
Perhaps it has something to do with the storm at the moment. Not sure though. When AIS is turned off it won’t say sunk. Besides that they don’t turn it off after the suez. Only around the Horn of Africa. Only vessels allowed to turn it off outside that area, are military vessels.

I'm not sure quite what is going on with VIKING BRAVERY and GLOVIS CONDOR. The latter is waiting in UK waters. The 'Sunk' Traffic Seperation Scheme is a system of seaways used by trafiic entering Harwich and Felixstowe. She's holding clear of the Sunk TSS and also clear of the shipping lanes.
VIKING BRAVERY is also moving towards UK waters.

I don't think we've seen this behaviour for well over a year. It looks like a commercial issue to me. Last time the ships sat mid-Atlantic for days and the time before that the ships diverted to the nearest port.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 08.02.59.png

It could also be to do with the approaching weather - it's much safer to be at sea in these circumstances. Usually you will see ships position themselves in the lee of the land to provide some protection from the worst of the weather. The Cherbourg Peninsula and Lyme Bay are the channel favourites to shelter from westerly storm force winds.

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
Meanwhile, GRAND DOLPHIN has departed Shanghai heading for Singapore.
She could make it to Southampton/Zeebrugge by 15/16 Mar.
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute...

MORNING CLARA is now on her way to Australia. Although she departed 4 days later than planned it looks like she will make up 3 of the lost days in transit arriving in Brisbane on 27 Feb, a day later than originally planned. I think it safe to assume subsequent stops in Port Kembla and Melbourne will also be a day late.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
It could also be to do with the approaching weather - it's much safer to be at sea in these circumstances. Usually you will see ships position themselves in the lee of the land to provide some protection from the worst of the weather. The Cherbourg Peninsula and Lyme Bay are the channel favourites to shelter from westerly storm force winds.
It is only going to get worse today, maybe both ships will be delayed until tomorrow?

This wait on Vin makes me crazy… I still have EDD february. Not a date, just the month.
(A red Performance Model3)
Today I managed to get in contact with a person at Tesla delivery dep.
She said that I just got a ”Soft Match” which means that I now have a 80% chance to get a match within days.
Anyone here heard of a ”Soft match”?

ns that I now have a 80% c
I'm also waiting for a match and can only see EDD february for an order from early october. (Blue, 19", towing, delivery in Belgium)
My TA says I'll be delivered end of Feb, beginning of March but I don't see how it could happen considering I don't have a vin. My last hope is the MSC IMMACOLATA but that's sobe a process that should be 100 frustrating.
Assignation system seems to be a process that should be 100% automated. I don't understand why some of us are able to get a vin while they ordered end of december, begining of january and why some tesla assistant act like they have/don't have any power in that process.

I got the TA by chat today who told me 2 ships were getting delayed but I don't see how I'm concerned as it's probably VIKING BRAVERY and GLOVIS CONDOR. VINS from those ships were already assigned days ago...
And how long will they be delayed, did they tell you that? My M3 is on Glovis Condor for Belgium aswell. However from the Tesla sales rep i'm getting 0 response. They are not even anwsering my emails from 2-3 days ago.
Any idea what impact this can have on deliverability? So far nothing changed in my Tesla account. The zero communication policy is truly annoying.

I'm also waiting for a match and can only see EDD february for an order from early october. (Blue, 19", towing, delivery in Belgium)
My TA says I'll be delivered end of Feb, beginning of March but I don't see how it could happen considering I don't have a vin. My last hope is the MSC IMMACOLATA but that's sobe a process that should be 100 frustrating.
Assignation system seems to be a process that should be 100% automated. I don't understand why some of us are able to get a vin while they ordered end of december, begining of january and why some tesla assistant act like they have/don't have any power in that process.
Yes I don’t see how’s it possible for me to get the car i february since there’s still no vin assigned.
I ordered my car in november and it so annoying to see people order in january and have dates for pickup.
To get a car in february means that the car should be unloaded and on a truck on it’s way.
But what I understand these cars already been matched.

I ordered my car in november and it so annoying to see people order in january and have dates for pickup.
I ordered my car in October and have NOTHING, no date. no VIN just a verbal suggestion of likely some time in March!! I don't know the reasons of how or why but it seems clear it's 100% all about what's best/easiest for the Tesla allocation team.

I ordered my car in October and have NOTHING, no date. no VIN just a verbal suggestion of likely some time in March!! I don't know the reasons of how or why but it seems clear it's 100% all about what's best/easiest for the Tesla allocation team.
Sorry to hear that, must be really tough.

I only ordered at the end of January. Surely, order time has no relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.