Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pics floating around today of Model Ys being offloaded in Dublin port from Schelde Highway
These were the pics on the Tesla Owners Ireland fb group from yesterday. People receiving dates to collect towards this weekend. They have a staging area set up near Baldonnell

Attachments

• C8C811D1-4BB5-4E4D-BEFC-1AFC672F9125.jpeg
    C8C811D1-4BB5-4E4D-BEFC-1AFC672F9125.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 86
  • EFA1A0D4-DF94-4FD8-A8D9-66A7E5F4D81A.jpeg
    EFA1A0D4-DF94-4FD8-A8D9-66A7E5F4D81A.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 83
When they have offloaded completely do they sail back empty or load up with other items?
The ships moving Teslas are normally chartered complete by Tesla and so they will unload only at Southampton and then completely unload in Zeebrugge. That is then charter complete. The planners will have hopefully found some cargo for their next voyage. At the moment European vehicle production is at a low so there isn't much to transport back to the Far East and we are seeing vessels returning empty or near empty. RoRo cargo isn't just cars however and so any freight that can be wheeled on and off will be accepted.
Due to the pandemic, ships are returning to their home port, usually in the Far East esp S Korea, every 6 months or so to conduct crew changes. Now the world is slowly opening up crew changes will return to the previous normal ie incremental changes at overseas ports. For this to happen the ships need to be able to run on schedule and international movement of personnel needs to be unrestricted.
The scheduling issue is not quite resolved yet and won't be until global car production restarts. Until then, many RoRos will continue ad hoc 'tramp' work which is a highly competitve business and there will be periodic uneven global distribution of capacity.

Reactions: JOL1 and Freds Dad
M3RWD Red/White aero.
got my appointment confirmation on 22nd Feb for 12th March at Southampton, today got my registration number on text, still wouldn't tell me what ship it's on only that it's not arrived yet, told me they would send final invoice ASAP, anyone with any experiences similar or similar days and locations?

Hi everyone! super excited about my Tesla M3P that ive ordered 1 january and has a est. delivery: 14-31 march. I have seen my VIN (LRW3E7EL7NC49XXXX) in the source code, but have not yet got the text to confirm the pickup date. Anyone have an idea which ship this could be on? i have driven a LR two times before but this is first time im gonna be a Tesla owner and feel like a kid before christmas atm.

Br
Daniel

Hi everyone! super excited about my Tesla M3P that ive ordered 1 january and has a est. delivery: 14-31 march. I have seen my VIN (LRW3E7EL7NC49XXXX) in the source code, but have not yet got the text to confirm the pickup date. Anyone have an idea which ship this could be on? i have driven a LR two times before but this is first time im gonna be a Tesla owner and feel like a kid before christmas atm.

Br
Daniel
Sorry, forgot to add that i live a bit outside Oslo/Norway and set my pickup in Lillestrøm when i ordered :)

Br
Daniel

Morning Carina is my bet…

Status
Not open for further replies.