Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary: Tuesday 01 Nov

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.
Happy birthday to me!

GRANDE CALIFORNIA Currently unloading at Koper, Slovenia.
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We now have 66 entries and so there remain plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.
Please enter your TMC user name where requested on the form - not your email address. If you are 1 of the 3 people who did this today please re-enter using your TMC username eg Mr Miserable. (This isn't my real name, by the way.)

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I'm still not sold on her being a Tesla carrier. I thought perhaps she may be heading to Israel because we know there is a shipment somewhere out there heading to Ashdod but.... We shall see...

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE Currently refuelling off Singapore ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is. Now confirmed.
HOEGH TROOPER is currently alongside in Taicang and I expect she may load some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge (10 Dec)
MALAYSIA BRAVE is currently alongside Shanghai South. As I mentioned yesterday she normally only plys the waters east of Suez and so I'd be surprised if she is UK/EU bound. She is also quite a bit smaller than what I would expect to see heading to the EU. On that basis I suspect she may head to Yokohama, Japan.
MORNING CELLO is now on her way to Shanghai and I expect her to be the next ship to dock at Shanghai South. She should be heading to Southampton (06 Dec).

Nalgae has now been downgraded to being a Tropical Storm because her winds have dropped to a mere 70mph and is only creating 28ft high waves. The storm is slowly moving across the South China Sea at about 7kts towards Hong Kong but is likely to run ashore at Macau. HOEGH TRADER has managed to keep well clear and may hug the coast of the Phillipines to remain clear of the still very lumpy South China Sea. She needs to be aware however of the other storm which is brewing SE of the Phillipines. This now has a name Tropical Storm Banyan. There are 2 models, one has the storm fizzling out in situ and the other has the storm tracking to the west and building. The 2nd model is more of a threat to HOEGH TRADER and so if I were her I would get a wiggle on now and get on my way to Singapore asap.

GRAND RACE is still alongside in Pyeongtaek. I wonder whether this is her final destination. Why did she call at Mokpo?
NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Last edited:

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.
Happy birthday to me!

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov.

We now have 66 entries and so there remain plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.
Please enter your TMC user name where requested on the form - not your email address. If you are 1 of the 3 people who did this today please re-enter using your TMC username eg Mr Miserable. (This isn't my real name, by the way.)

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I'm still not sold on her being a Tesla carrier. I thought perhaps she may be heading to Israel because we know there is a shipment somewhere out there heading to Ashdod but.... We shall see...

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Koper 15 Nov. I know the 15 Nov date for Koper is correct but at her present rate she will arrive there days ahead of schedule. Could she be visiting another port prior to Koper? GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived there early too without any known reason.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.
HOEGH TROOPER is currently alongside in Taicang and I expect she may load some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge (10 Dec)
MALAYSIA BRAVE is currently alongside Shanghai South. As I mentioned yesterday she normally only plys the waters east of Suez and so I'd be surprised if she is UK/EU bound. She is also quite a bit smaller than what I would expect to see heading to the EU. On that basis I suspect she may head to Yokohama, Japan.
MORNING CELLO is now on her way to Shanghai and I expect her to be the next ship to dock at Shanghai South. She should be heading to Southampton (06 Dec).

Nalgae has now been downgraded to being a Tropical Storm because her winds have dropped to a mere 70mph and is only creating 28ft high waves. The storm is slowly moving across the South China Sea at about 7kts towards Hong Kong but is likely to run ashore at Macau. HOEGH TRADER has managed to keep well clear and may hug the coast of the Phillipines to remain clear of the still very lumpy South China Sea. She needs to be aware however of the other storm which is brewing SE of the Phillipines. This now has a name Tropical Storm Banyan. There are 2 models, one has the storm fizzling out in situ and the other has the storm tracking to the west and building. The 2nd model is more of a threat to HOEGH TRADER and so if I were her I would get a wiggle on now and get on my way to Singapore asap.

GRAND RACE is still alongside in Pyeongtaek. I wonder whether this is her final destination. Why did she call at Mokpo?

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
HOEGH TRADER transports tesla, I just received my VIN and it is on this boat

Reactions: Mr Miserable

Happy birthday to me!

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is. Now confirmed.

Is Morning Chorus off our list? She was due into Shanghai tomorrow 5pm local time.

In which country do you live?
His bio says France. Maybe better just look at the name.....

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-01 om 20.54.56.png

Summary: Monday 31 Oct

GRANDE CALIFORNIA Contrary to my report yesterday, she did not dock in Koper until this afternoon. She apparently has 5000 Teslas to unload (724 MY, 4276 M3)

We now have 55 entries and so there remain plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I am a bit puzzled by this ship (she's not big enough for a normal Tesla shipment) and so she may not be on Tesla business. Could she be heading for Israel?? (Ashdod around 9 Nov?)

RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. She is yet to be confirmed as carrying Teslas but I think it is highly likely that she is.

Nalgae is now a category 1 typhoon and is slowly moving across the South China Sea towards Hong Kong . HOEGH TRADER is slowly advancing south to the east of Taiwan with the intention of passing behind the typhoon. This could be a delicate balance because I note another storm is forming to the SE of the Phillipines that may follow the same route as Typhoon Nalgae. The aim of HOEGH TRADER will be to slip past between the 2 storms.

GRAND RACE has now arrived in Pyeongtaek. When she departed Pier 80 her AIS destination was originally Taipei, then it changed to Pyeongtaek and then it changed to Mokpo. On that basis perhaps her next stop will be Taipei.

MORNING CELLO is currently anchored off Pyeongtaek but I note MORNING CHORUS is now on her way to Shanghai. Is this a switch?
Some of you may have noticed that MALAYSIA BRAVE seems poised to dock at Shanghai South. If she does I'm not expecting her to load for EU/UK since she seems to confine herself to the waters east of Suez. Then again, I could be wrong!
All the work you are doing here! It is amazing man.
Quick question. I had an ETA of 22 nov- 29 dec. now moved back to Jan March for a M3P. Dont have a VIN yet.
From your past experience, what is more likely to happen? this month or next year?
Thanks!

Is Morning Chorus off our list? She was due into Shanghai tomorrow 5pm local time.
I was always expecting MORNING CELLO but my confidence was dashed yesterday when she lay at anchor off Pyeongteuk. I saw MORNING CHORUS was on her way from PTK and so thought there may have been a switch. As it happens MORNING CELLO is now on her way.
I have a soft spot for MORNING CHORUS since she delivered my MY to Southampton this summer but there is nothing to indicate she is on Tesla business at the moment. HORIZON LEADER is another ship with past form heading in to dock at Haitong at the moment but again there is nothing to suggest she is loading any Teslas.

Reactions: bainsy and dajw2793
1. Anybody found their car on the Hoegh Copenhagen? If so, was it a 2023 model?

2. Also, if your car is on a Hoegh ship, will your VIN search on their website always show it?

3. Lastly, I think the Grande Abidjan is owned by Grimaldi Lines, the Glovis Summit by Hyundai Car Carriers and the Viking Queen by Gram Car Carriers. Can’t find a way to search for your can with a VIN with these companies though - anyone know any more than me?

Cheers!
I got my VIN from Hoegh Copenhagen, 2022 YLR. Pick up between 6-12 november in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Reactions: LukeWDK
All the work you are doing here! It is amazing man.
Quick question. I had an ETA of 22 nov- 29 dec. now moved back to Jan March for a M3P. Dont have a VIN yet.
From your past experience, what is more likely to happen? this month or next year?
Thanks!
Unfortunately Tesla don't build to order - the GFs produce whatever suits them at the time. Tesla UK have no idea what is coming until they see what has been loaded on to the ships. It makes forecasting when an M3P is likely to ship impossible. This is one reason why EDDs are so unreliable. So neither me nor Tesla UK can genuinely tell you.
Welcome to Tesla! The wait, coupled with a deafening silence from Tesla, is all part of the Tesla experience!

I was always expecting MORNING CELLO but my confidence was dashed yesterday when she lay at anchor off Pyeongteuk. I saw MORNING CHORUS was on her way from PTK and so thought there may have been a switch. As it happens MORNING CELLO is now on her way.
I have a soft spot for MORNING CHORUS since she delivered my MY to Southampton this summer but there is nothing to indicate she is on Tesla business at the moment. HORIZON LEADER is another ship with past form heading in to dock at Haitong at the moment but again there is nothing to suggest she is loading any Teslas.
Is morning cello on Tesla duties? I was hoping for RCC Europe to be my ship but seems not.

VIKING QUEEN is currently making her way northwards along the Suez Canal but has already updated her AIS destination to Barcelona, which we expected.
What I wasn't expecting was an ETA of 06 Nov - a day earlier than scheduled.
Is this the car carrier that is bringing the cars destined to Scandinavia and Iceland as well or are there two carriers headed to Europe currently?

Summary: Wednesday 02 Nov

HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 03 Nov. She is enduring some rough seas at the moment but they will calm a little as she closes on Zeebrugge.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 07 Nov. Although she may arrive off Barcelona on the 6th, the port schedule still has her docking at 0400 on the 7th.

We now have 77 entries and there are still plenty of likely squares still unchosen. Click the above link for instructions.
Please enter your TMC user name where requested on the form - not your email address.

RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
HOEGH TROOPER ETA Zeebrugge 10 Nov. I expect she may be carrying some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge but she is not yet confirmed to be.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 06 Dec is now on her way into Shanghai South.

Tropical Storm Nalgae is no longer a threat to ships departing Shanghai and HOEGH TRADER can resume normal navigation in the calming seas.
Tropical Storm Banyan has fizzled out.

GRAND RACE It looks like Pyeongtaek was the final destination for her voyage from Pier 80 for Tesla.

Anyone following the COVID situation in China and particularly in the Shanghai area can't help but be a little nervous about whether the GF will escape another shutdown. The trouble is any decision will be outside of Tesla's control. Fingers crossed.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.