Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is happening with Hoegh Copenhagen? She is anchored 30mi from Zeebrugge and her destination has changed to Antwerpen, which is not even in her itinerary.
HOEGH COPENHAGEN has anchored in an anchorage which is in an area called the Antwerp Anchorages. It is used as a waiting area for vessels heading in to the Scheldt Estuary AND Zeebrugge. I'm not sure how long she will be waiting - perhaps waiting for OBERON or TORINO to depart.

HOEGH COPENHAGEN has anchored in an anchorage which is in an area called the Antwerp Anchorages. It is used as a waiting area for vessels heading in to the Scheldt Estuary AND Zeebrugge. I'm not sure how long she will be waiting - perhaps waiting for OBERON or TORINO to depart.
OBERON is scheduled to depart 06 Nov and TORINO 05. Nov according to walleniuswilhelmsen.com. Will that affect HOEGH COPENHAGEN? She is scheduled to depart to Amsterdam 06. Nov.

Apologies if this is not an appropriate question for the thread but figured it would be as cars tend to get assigned whilst in transit. Theoretically what is the latest time we could receive a text and still get a car before end of 2022?
about 4 days after the ship has departed China. Which of course is the currently unanswerable bit as nobody (yet) knows what the last ship of Q4 will or wont be....

Reactions: Millenium101
Apologies if this is not an appropriate question for the thread but figured it would be as cars tend to get assigned whilst in transit. Theoretically what is the latest time we could receive a text and still get a car before end of 2022?
I spoke to my Tesla SA and they mentioned they are working on all days through the christmas period and are only closed on christmas day. Which means if stock is on the way, you can get a notice till Christmas eve.
This includes a lot of ifs and buts as traditionally, China will stop shipping Intl by end of Nov and focus on domestic market. But they are in lockdown now, Ships are difficult to arrange and Tesla has changed their policy this year.
So your guess is as good as any!!!!

RCC AMSTERDAM So it now looks like I got it 100% wrong!
RCC AMSTERDAM has the Israeli shipment onboard and is due to arrive in Ashdod on 8 Nov. It will then unload 3000 cars there (yep, seems a lot) and then head to Koper where it is due to arrive on 12 Nov.
In my view, I don't think she will be able to arrive on the 12 Nov and that her original arrival date of 15 Nov is far more likely. Then again, I have been proved wrong before!

Now that just leaves the question about what GRANDE ABIDJAN is carrying and to where?
She's not heading to Koper, or Ashdod, and that's about all we can be sure of.....

HYPERION RAY is about to enter the Arabian Sea. This ship suffered from what was regarded as a state-sponsored attack last year and so as part of her subsequent security measures I have noted that she has been switching off her AIS transmitter and 'going dark' when she enters the Arabian Sea until she reaches the relatively safer waters of the mid Red Sea.
So if her current security orders remain the same, I expect she will soon 'disappear' off our tracker map for about 5 days.

Reactions: ABCTG
Did someone by any chance create a spreadsheet listing all tesla ship departures from Shanghai this year? (ship name - departure port - date - tesla charter yes/no)
Could be interesting to look at trends
Thanks !

Last edited:
Keen watcher here.
Ordered my first M3LR in the UK back in early June as a lease through Tesla directly. Current EDD is 2nd-18th December.
I know EDD's are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard sometimes, but as the date gets closer, it's fun to keep an eye on here since theoretically if my EDD was actually close to accurate in any way, my car could be planned to be on a ship we already know about such as Morning Cello.
Don't expect any updates from Tesla such as a VIN anytime soon, even if it is semi-accurate, just wanted to come and say hi and be part of the discussions as I have benefited a lot from all the amazing info in this thread over the past few weeks.

Reactions: rowedav
Did someone by any chance create a spreadsheet listing all tesla ship departures from Shanghai this year? (ship name - departure port - date - tesla charter yes/no)
Could be interesting to look at trends
Thanks !
There is a spreadsheet here.
It's no longer totally accurate but it's the best you are going to get.

Hoegh Copenhagen is moving again now.

I talked to my Tesla-dealer just now and he told me that my car (onboard Copenhagen obviously) has an EDD of 17 Nov and that the car will head directly to Trondheim and not to Drammen which I assumed.

I wonder what ship will take it to Trondheim and further to Bodø and Tromsø, where I'm waiting for my red devil. Heard rumours about WESER HIGHWAY, currently unloading in Grimsby, going all the way into the arctic directly from Zeebrugge. Any info on this @Mr Miserable ?

I wonder what ship will take it to Trondheim and further to Bodø and Tromsø, where I'm waiting for my red devil. Heard rumours about WESER HIGHWAY, currently unloading in Grimsby, going all the way into the arctic directly from Zeebrugge. Any info on this @Mr Miserable ?
No I have never determined how they get up to Tromso.
There is a RoRo that delivers to Bergan, Stavanger and Trondheim but that's about it.

Summary: Friday 04 Nov

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

HOEGH COPENHAGEN is now in the process of docking in Zeebrugge.
VIKING QUEEN ETA Barcelona 06 Nov. She will now dock at 17:00 on 06 Nov - a day earlier than scheduled.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 16 Nov. She can easily make Southampton for the 16 Nov. If she keeps her speed up she may arrive at Suez in time to catch the tail end of a northbound convoy on the 6th. That will put her another 24hrs ahead.

Don't forget to enter the free GLOVIS SUMMIT competition - ENTER HERE
We now have 84 entries - let's see if we can get over 100 entries. Click the above link for instructions.
The competition is due to close on Monday but if GLOVIS SUMMIT enters the canal on Sunday I will close it there and then.
Please enter your TMC user name where requested on the form - not your email address.

GRANDE ABIDJAN is enroute to Suez (7/11). I don't know where she is heading or whether she is carrying any Teslas at all.

RCC AMSTERDAM ETA Ashdod 08 Nov. We now know she will head to Ashdod, Israel first, before heading to Koper where she is meant to arrive on 12 Nov.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . Her final destination still remains unknown at present but almost certainly will be an EU port. (ETAs roughly KOP 17/11, BCN 18/11 or ZEE 21/11). (There is a suggestion that it will be Barcelona.)
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
HOEGH TROOPER ETA Zeebrugge 10 Nov. I expect she may be carrying some Teslas bound for Zeebrugge but she is not yet confirmed to be.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect.

I have my eye on GLOVIS SAFETY at the moment. I suspect she is heading to Shanghai South.

NOBLE ACE is enroute to Taiwan (ETA 09 Nov) from Pier 80.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.