Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla M3P Tire efficiency uberturbine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'll be looking for the lowest rolling resistance you can, but unfortunately manufacturers don't typically publish those numbers. Instead, they are starting to make "EV" tires. I believe those should have low rolling resistance in general, which would translate into better efficiency.

I think that by going for this you will sacrifice some stickiness / performance as there are probably no real performance tires that have an EV model. Tradeoffs as always, depends on what you put at the top of the priority list.

I have recently come to terms that Z rated tires are vampires for EV efficiency (this is on a p3 with aeros). I went from a solid 240wh/mi avg to 280wh/mi in city and 320wh/mi on highway. My car just became a city car just because of tires. If you want efficiency, go with the highest treadwear rating on the tire. (harder the tire, less sticky to the road) I regret getting Z rated tires. Luckily they were cheap and probably wont last long as they are soft.

Reactions: sleepy3p