Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Console USB Function?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sales advisor, who I don't think knows much, reports that for 2023 USB's in the console are only for charging. The Y owners's manual reports they can be used for SSD and thumb drives for sentry storage, music, etc.

What say you?

My sales advisor, who I don't think knows much, reports that for 2023 USB's in the console are only for charging. The Y owners's manual reports they can be used for SSD and thumb drives for sentry storage, music, etc.

What say you?
The manual you’re looking at is old. The ones I saw have an addendum that says the console ports are charging only.

Only the one in the glove does data.

What say you?

The online manual specifically addresses this. The short answer is, the only USB port in a 2023 model Y that will carry data is the one in the glove compartment. Here is the link to the manual I referenced (since it appears whatever one you looked in was old):

Here is a screenshot of the specific quote that addresses the question:

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 6.27.43 PM.png

It says "some vehicles" but I have not heard of any 2022 or 2023 model Ys coming from the factory with USB enabled in the center console, including my wifes 2022 model Y Performance that we bought in march of 2022.

Reactions: Mike_TV
New Tesla owner here, checking in with a 2023 MY Long Range. Can confirm that the only USB Data port is the one in the glove box. I'm considering a few of the USB hub options I've seen recommended here, but won't have any of those in hand to install before our first road trip in the car tomorrow.

Attachments

• Tesla 4 USB Drives IMG_9285.JPG
    Tesla 4 USB Drives IMG_9285.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Tesla Console Hub IMG_9589.jpg
    Tesla Console Hub IMG_9589.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Tesla Glovebox Hub Klutchtech IMG_9525.JPG
    Tesla Glovebox Hub Klutchtech IMG_9525.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: KevinT3141