Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do it all the time. They delivered hundreds of cars right out the back door of the Fremont factory every day for the last couple weeks in December.

Less likely early in the quarter as a lot of production is destined for overseas.
That doesn’t mean the cars delivered in Fremont were built within 10 days of delivery. At what point during production is the build date assigned? At the very end?

That doesn’t mean the cars delivered in Fremont were built within 10 days of delivery.
I’m telling you, they do it all the time. If they’re being really aggressive you can take delivery of a car the same day it rolls off the line. There isn’t significant storage space at the Fremont plant - cars are either delivered or staged for transport very quickly.

I picked my car up in December 2016 the day after it was produced.

Well... my last S was at least 6 weeks old when I picked it up at the Fremont factory. I guess they were holding quite a few Model S cars awaiting some last-minute part that was unavailable. Similar to many other automakers when a few key parts were unavailable, they didn't want to shut the line down. That said, other prior cars I've purchased were 1-2 days old from the factory.

I ordered my Plaid on the 7th, and it shows a delivery window of 29 Jan - 5 Mar. I will post when I get it or an update on the delivery window. I will have to re-apply for financing if they take longer than 16 Feb so... fingers crossed it is on the early side!

There is one other 2023 Plaid in the inventory out in North Carolina that is exactly what I ordered, but I doubt they will transfer it without me requesting and paying for it. I am happy to wait for ~$2k.
Just for S&Gs, I ordered a Black, Tan interior Plaid with the 19" wheels.

I would rather accelerate faster, have more range, and cheaper tire replacements than have the Arachnid 21" wheels that hit 200mph. They do look cool, but not $4,500 and -50 miles range cool IMHO.

Ordered Tesla model Y, for last three days estimated delivery date as Jan 23 to Feb6. Any experience with this kind of update. Will it happen as per that date. Share your perspective or experience. Of course I knew few years back Tesla just postpone due to material shortage butnow it should not.

I'm going to order a new S. I looked at the used market and it doesn't appear the reality of the new cars has settled into the preowned market. I'm not sure if the cars are moving near those ask prices but given some are at parity and some above new prices, I've decided placing an order is the way to go if I want a refresh S or X, which most likely be an S. My wife just doesn't seem to like the looks on the X whch I absolutely love.

I'm going to order a new S. I looked at the used market and it doesn't appear the reality of the new cars has settled into the preowned market. I'm not sure if the cars are moving near those ask prices but given some are at parity and some above new prices, I've decided placing an order is the way to go if I want a refresh S or X, which most likely be an S. My wife just doesn't seem to like the looks on the X whch I absolutely love.

There are some decent used prices out there. Tesla, for example, has a 2022 MS with 3k miles, clean history, additional 1 year warranty, etc. for around $91k (link below). A similar;y equipped new MS would be around $104k.

Reactions: Zer0t
Send like they are all on hold … speculation: HW4 to be announced on investors day and rolling off the line on S and X.
This is what my suspicion is as well. Just odd that they moved my original date from February 28th - March 31st to February 21st - March 14th. A whole week earlier.

Thoughts are they don't want to send them out too soon before the Investor Day Announcement.

Also, I heard about the retooling at Fremont but no update on if it's still under shutdown for it or not.

I've been looking at a variety of posts that share it takes 4 - 5 days to build from assembly to transport prep. Still wondering if it's true.

I see. I am ok to wait a bit for the latest and greatest. I am a sucker for the latest gadgets. I hope HW4 has surround view and better cameras. One issue I have with the car is the poor quality of the cameras and the lack of forward parking camera aka surround view. I have had that since 2011.