Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't driven myself but Mrs McChimp just nipped out and sent me this. It does seem to reasonably represent the area in our driver where we park. She did say it seemed to beep less than it used to. So that in itself is a win for me!
NotView attachment 1001335 sure if it will move around like the lines used to though.
and that is the £1000 repair bill question isn't it.
It looks great but its only useful if its reliable.
Time will tell
looked good here though to be fair

indoors with the lights on.
Outside at night in the rain.......

Reactions: JupiterMan
I haven't driven myself but Mrs McChimp just nipped out and sent me this. It does seem to reasonably represent the area in our driver where we park. She did say it seemed to beep less than it used to. So that in itself is a win for me!
NotView attachment 1001335 sure if it will move around like the lines used to though.
Hear less beeps.... but soon followed by a louder bang...

On the motorway only variable speed limit cameras are displayed 🙄
Do you mean you have seen them on Tesla Map/Routing since the update?

Is that only when actually driving?

As the route up the M3 which contains variable speed cameras and M27, when I plan a route on them both, they are not show on the map in the route planning screens, when they should be marked out.

Do you mean you have seen them on Tesla Map/Routing since the update?

Is that only when actually driving?

As the route up the M3 which contains variable speed cameras and M27, when I plan a route on them both, they are not show on the map in the route planning screens, when they should be marked out.
Same result here. There seem to be some temporary 50mph limits on M3/M4 marked and an old fixed Gatso on the A303 is one there, but none of the HADECS cameras on the M4, M3, M25.
I don't know what database they are using for this but it needs updating!

right had to go out and my observation are this:

Cameras are only picked up when navigation is used, they only show in the direction of travel (i.e the ones that effect you)
No audio noise just a small alert above the direction box.

It picked up all the cameras on my route both there and back, so so far so good.

First time shopping since I got 44.30.2 a few days ago. I edged up to the car facing me and assumed that I was too far back in the bay as I could see the Tesla overhanging the rear lines. However, this was actually spot on when I got out to look, the Mercedes in front was right on the line and I was able to move another 6 inches forward, still leaving the rear slightly over the line.

Quite good actually & rather unexpected 😯

IMG_8839.jpg

right had to go out and my observation are this:

Cameras are only picked up when navigation is used, they only show in the direction of travel (i.e the ones that effect you)
No audio noise just a small alert above the direction box.

It picked up all the cameras on my route both there and back, so so far so good.
Try a route up the M3 from J5 to J2 or back the other way.

Noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference with Autopilot, the cabin camera seems to be used a lot more to monitor the driver. If you’re distracted for even the shortest time, for example changing track on your phone etc, you almost immediately get the red alert to pay attention. I had my first ever forced disengage after about 20 mins on the motorway. My driving was no different to how I’ve driven on AP over the last 5k miles, so shows the sensitivity is much higher. Whilst it’s obviously a positive thing, as it drives safer etc, I think it’s going to get very frustrating.
I regularly meet up with a Model Y forum member in America & he gave me this last month as he had a spare. He may use it primarily for blocking the radical left child eating satanists from hacking into his Tesla but nevertheless I've fitted it to the interior camera since receiving the holiday update.

IMG_8852.jpg

IMG_8854.jpg

Last edited:
So. Got a prompt from Autopark to reverse straight into a lamppost an hour ago. Glad to see the engineers are still on point.

On another note 44.30.2 seems to break the fullscreen Theater. Launching Disney/Netflix & al. only brings up the small window on the left.. I hope it’s corrected in .4. But as I just upgraded yesterday I don’t know how long I am going to wait for the incremental…

I regularly meet up with a Model Y forum member in America & he gave me this last month as he had a spare. He may use it primarily for blocking the radical left child eating satanists from hacking into his Tesla but nevertheless I've fitted it to the interior camera since receiving the holiday update.

View attachment 1001356
View attachment 1001357
yup, same I use...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iVoler-Pri...s&sprefix=camera+cover,electronics,204&sr=1-4
got pack of 6 for like 4 gbp or so :D