Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0283.png

IMG_0284.png

Just seen this - not sure what applies to the UK

Seems to be 44.25 and therefore goes in this thread:
Or it's a duplicate of this thread:

Reactions: init6 and spooksman
Seems to be 44.25 and therefore goes in this thread:
Or it's a duplicate of this thread:
Well, I for one would prefer to have a thread dedicated to the holiday update in the UK forum.

Likewise.

Although I'm sure I've had the option in mine to choose whether the emergency call function routes via Tesla or 999 since I bought it.
Really, clearly I've never tried but I assume the SOS button calls 999, I'm pretty sure it's legally required. The new feature if that it dials automatically if the airbags go off. I thin it used to be the case, at least in the US, that Tesla call you if the car detects a crash, perhaps they are standing that capability down. Will this feature reach the UK, I think my Apple Watch dos something similar so my corpse would be spamming them rather.

I use Apple Podcasts so that will be welcome, even though I don't really get on with the Apple UI. The shows it puts at the top never make sense to me. Being able to plan with waypoints from the app will be nice, I'll certainly be using that. I'm not that interested in speed cameras, being a good boy even when they aren't watching, but I've certainly seen other folks asking for this.

The rest, meh, I'm sure someone else will find them valuable.

Also, sweepstake until this thread becomes about wipers, I'm going to pick 3 hours.

Likewise.

Although I'm sure I've had the option in mine to choose whether the emergency call function routes via Tesla or 999 since I bought it.
It has been a legal requirement for all vehicles type approved since 2018, so it will already be fitted. Obviously this doesn’t apply to the US so they are rolling this out for the benefit of that market.

1701941844667.png

I will be surprised if the speed cameras thing works outside of the States. :(
At a guess it will be based on Google Maps data, which already contains UK speed, speed/red & red cameras. It doesn't work great with average cameras though - not as well as some solutions which work out and display your average speed when driving through these zones but at least if you're notified of an average camera you're aware of it.

Personally, I use TomTom Amigo in a phone mount currently as I find the routing (and definitely around traffic) better than Tesla and the speed camera database & warning to be really good.

No idea, my airbags have never gone off. Anyone ?

The manual would seem to agree with you

View attachment 997234
eCall has been an EU legal requirement since March 2018 in all new cars (newly type approved from that date).