Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just moved the Tesla to access my other car in front. I think HFPA looks worse with dark mode on tbh.
because cameras are shite in dark? what a surprise
1703083395811.png

Do you mean you have seen them on Tesla Map/Routing since the update?

Is that only when actually driving?

As the route up the M3 which contains variable speed cameras and M27, when I plan a route on them both, they are not show on the map in the route planning screens, when they should be marked out.
Drove from Manchester to Gatwick and back. On the map itself not a single motorway camera displayed until it was in an average speed zone, even then, none on the M42 showed at all. The speed camera system is next to useless.

I regularly meet up with a Model Y forum member in America & he gave me this last month as he had a spare. He may use it primarily for blocking the radical left child eating satanists from hacking into his Tesla but nevertheless I've fitted it to the interior camera since receiving the holiday update.

View attachment 1001356
View attachment 1001357
Did some testing today on a 5 hour drive by covering the camera up some times. Result is you get far more “pay attention/move steering wheel warnings” with it covered.

• Informative
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
Drove from Manchester to Gatwick and back. On the map itself not a single motorway camera displayed until it was in an average speed zone, even then, none on the M42 showed at all. The speed camera system is next to useless.
strange. I had cameras shown in Derby and M1 though.

but since no audio, it is as useful as chocolate tea pot

much better is to launch waze app and drop the phone into charging slot.

and that is the £1000 repair bill question isn't it.
It looks great but its only useful if its reliable.
Time will tell
looked good here though to be fair

indoors with the lights on.
Outside at night in the rain.......
I just nipped out to collect the bin lids from school and then to Asda. The old wiggly line system used to go nuts reversing out my drive with pebbles on one side grass the other. The new system much quieter and no STOP warnings constantly. At Asda I usually park nose in towards a low very open wooden barrier. The old system would show it over my bonnet even though I was still a couple of feet away. The new system slightly better but not much unfortunately. Although it did show the white lines on the ground which I liked as for some reason I can never park my model Y straight ....

Long story short. In my opinion. Slightly better than before based on a small test.

I wouldn't mind such a thing but being the wheel might be a bit of a pain for interaction as well as tampering with the air vent :confused:
Found this design I didn't find ugly, and is sufficiently low profile to avoid blocking the vents.

Relatively easy install, my biggest gripe was the flat cord In front but you can't see it from the driver seat. Also easy to install and you don't need to take the whole dash apart.

Reactions: Js1977
Wtf are you quoting here!?!? How is this even relevant to horrible camera quality when it is dark,??

Drive rural road at night and you will have "side camera blinded". That's why at night that parking visualization isbworse. Bevause cameras see less.

I wonder how you connect this camera situation and screen colour mode?
"Side camera blinded" on a dark road is because there's nothing for the camera to pick up

So. Got a prompt from Autopark to reverse straight into a lamppost an hour ago. Glad to see the engineers are still on point.

On another note 44.30.2 seems to break the fullscreen Theater. Launching Disney/Netflix & al. only brings up the small window on the left.. I hope it’s corrected in .4. But as I just upgraded yesterday I don’t know how long I am going to wait for the incremental…
Our 2022 Y got the .2 update pushed to it the day after the 2023 Y had its .4 update applied.

Most peculiar.

"Side camera blinded" on a dark road is because there's nothing for the camera to pick up
There shouldn’t be an error full stop. You spend more of your time looking at the bloody screen with the HUNDREDS of pings and popups on a long journey.

If I drive to the motorway from my house at night time via the country roads I must get 50 blocked and blinded, multiple cameras blocked or blinded, lane departure warning not available within a 15 minute period.

It’s not only distracting and dangerous it’s bloody infuriating. It should NOT happen.

There shouldn’t be an error full stop. You spend more of your time looking at the bloody screen with the HUNDREDS of pings and popups on a long journey.

If I drive to the motorway from my house at night time via the country roads I must get 50 blocked and blinded, multiple cameras blocked or blinded, lane departure warning not available within a 15 minute period.

It’s not only distracting and dangerous it’s bloody infuriating. It should NOT happen.
I stated fact, it states apparent fact, that's the nature of a 7 year old code base that never made it out of beta