Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the speed limit bongs set to chime at 3mph over (33, 43, 53 etc) & works very well in encouraging me to lift-off the accelerator when it happens. Very useful when I hadn't noticed or there are rapid changes as you mention.

Thanks, hadn't thought to do that.

long ago I started using cruise control as often as I could as I found it to be the best way to prevent myself from speeding. Now that I own a Tesla I find it even more necessary - the slightest twitch of my foot and I'm going 30 mph over the limit!

Wouldn't work for me as I don't use Cruise in built up areas with lots of parked cars etc as I think it makes me less likely to react promptly to the unexpected

It took imho notably longer to install than others prior.

TeslaFi05.gif

If I drive to the motorway from my house at night time via the country roads I must get 50 blocked and blinded, multiple cameras blocked or blinded, lane departure warning not available within a 15 minute period.

I don't get anything like that ... once on a long journey is more likely. Possibly a notable difference between our cars, and a potential cause of AP-misbehaviour? But if so "why?"

I don't get anything like that ... once on a long journey is more likely. Possibly a notable difference between our cars, and a potential cause of AP-misbehaviour? But if so "why?"
When they removed radar and turned the gain up on the cameras a few months ago the performance of my car changed markedly.

Did you car ever have Radar?

I guess in my case when you build a car and then start removing stuff that was built for that specific vehicle it is going to have consequences.

I can head off to work in a camera-clean car in the middle of the night and within 2 minutes of leaving home I am being nagged with blocked and blinded camera warnings.

I must spend 20% of my driving time messing around with the warnings on the screen. It’s unnecessary and dangerous.

When they removed radar and turned the gain up on the cameras a few months ago the performance of my car changed markedly.

Did you car ever have Radar?

I guess in my case when you build a car and then start removing stuff that was built for that specific vehicle it is going to have consequences.

I can head off to work in a camera-clean car in the middle of the night and within 2 minutes of leaving home I am being nagged with blocked and blinded camera warnings.

I must spend 20% of my driving time messing around with the warnings on the screen. It’s unnecessary and dangerous.
Not a fan of them either but why do you "mess around" with them? Just ignore them.

So having used .2 for a couple days, here are me thoughts. No idea why I don’t have .4

New parking assist is way better although still not perfect, especially if you follow the lines on the assist display rather than the ones shown on the camera.

All the other features such as alternative routes and speed cameras work for me. Blind spot thing hasn’t been tested yet.

New autopilot nagging is shite, and I’ll be getting a camera blocker. Literally every time I engage it unless both hands are firmly holding the wheel I immediately get a ‘pay attention’ warning as well.

Wipers are still as shite as ever, there are no changes whatsoever so I don’t know where people are getting that from. They still dry wipe, still go overly fast during rain, and still don’t wipe at all during spray if there is no rain. I haven’t tried disabling them when autopilot is active yet to see if I can.

This morning on my first long drive, I got numerous ‘lane assist unavailable, may resume on next drive’ and ‘some autopilot features disabled, may be available on next drive’. I have no idea what’s causing this other than maybe dirty cameras? I’ve had no autopilot disengagements for the counter to prevent me using these features and autopilot seemed to work as normal (lane keep assist didn’t). Anyone any ideas?

Does anyone else have issues with the Apple Podcast app being very quiet? I have to turn it almost to full volume when listening to podcasts, I've tried a couple of different podcasts and they are the same volume and then I deafen myself when going back to Apple music.

Reactions: Mistake Not
New autopilot nagging is shite, and I’ll be getting a camera blocker. Literally every time I engage it unless both hands are firmly holding the wheel I immediately get a ‘pay attention’ warning as well.
If you cover the camera the nags are even worse. Certainly in my case.

It’s ironic that the message on the screen telling you to pay attention diverts your attention to driving the bloody car in the first place.

So having used .2 for a couple days, here are me thoughts. No idea why I don’t have .4

New parking assist is way better although still not perfect, especially if you follow the lines on the assist display rather than the ones shown on the camera.

All the other features such as alternative routes and speed cameras work for me. Blind spot thing hasn’t been tested yet.

Wipers are still as shite as ever, there are no changes whatsoever so I don’t know where people are getting that from. They still dry wipe, still go overly fast during rain, and still don’t wipe at all during spray if there is no rain. I haven’t tried disabling them when autopilot is active yet to see if I can.

This morning on my first long drive, I got numerous ‘lane assist unavailable, may resume on next drive’ and ‘some autopilot features disabled, may be available on next drive’. I have no idea what’s causing this other than maybe dirty cameras? I’ve had no autopilot disengagements for the counter to prevent me using these features and autopilot seemed to work as normal (lane keep assist didn’t). Anyone any ideas?
If you block the camera you will get even more warnings.

Nothing to do with dirty cameras. It was introduced in 44.1 and remains to this day. Sometimes with the lane departure warning the car may or may not change lanes when instructed. This then causes another warning “lane change not available”. After reading that the car then shouts at you to ”pay attention” because the internal camera can tell you’re looking at the screen. You couldn’t make this crap up.

Not a fat lot you can do apart from hope Tesla fixes it soon. I doubt they will.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have issues with the Apple Podcast app being very quiet? I have to turn it almost to full volume when listening to podcasts, I've tried a couple of different podcasts and they are the same volume and then I deafen myself when going back to Apple music.
Yes I noticed that. I use Bluetooth for YouTube music and that’s always been quieter than the radio too (to a much lesser extent). On my old Audi it had a memory for audio volume per source - doesn’t seem too much of a stretch to implement that here.

Reactions: Rob_H and thax1