Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to talk to an SA or phone the Tesla # or text them. They can look up the gated date on their system. There is no way for the customer to decode this. If your gated date was the day before or day of getting your VIN then it is brand new. If it is just a few days old or a week old then probably a cancellation. If it is a two or more weeks old could be any reason including a QC reject. One other clue is if they are wanting you to come get it right away, meaning it is already at the delivery center....that could mean anything including QC reject but also could be someone backing out at last minute due to financing or changing their mind/order.
Thaanks, yeah can't say. My gated date was 02/06 abou 10 days ago. Asked SA if it was a reject. If minor issues I would still take it.

You need to talk to an SA or phone the Tesla # or text them. They can look up the gated date on their system. There is no way for the customer to decode this. If your gated date was the day before or day of getting your VIN then it is brand new. If it is just a few days old or a week old then probably a cancellation. If it is a two or more weeks old could be any reason including a QC reject. One other clue is if they are wanting you to come get it right away, meaning it is already at the delivery center....that could mean anything including QC reject but also could be someone backing out at last minute due to financing or changing their mind/order.
Mine is Austin build witha gated date of 02/26 about 10 days ago. Does gated mean Factory date? Assuming Vin assigned the same day. And then time it takes from factory to ship to delivery location in NJ ?

MYLR Pearl White / Black Interior 19”
OD: 1/21
EDD: 3/12 - 3/31 (Original EDD Feb-Mar)
No VIN assigned yet as of Feb 3rd

EDD: 3/12 - 3/31 (still the same)
No VIN assigned still as of Feb 16th
I was able to access the tesla owners api to see if there were any more data and this is what I got from their server response if anyone was curious. Wondering what the orderSubstatus is?

Attachments

• tesla-owners-api-response.png
    tesla-owners-api-response.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 167
Mine is Austin build witha gated date of 02/26 about 10 days ago. Does gated mean Factory date? Assuming Vin assigned the same day. And then time it takes from factory to ship to delivery location in NJ ?
My understanding is the "factory gated date" is the date the car finishes production. Out of Fremont it seems the VINs are assigned the day it finishes or the next day. I'm not sure if Austin is the same but probably. 02/26 is in the future but did you mean 02/06? If your VIN was assigned same day as the factory gated date then that is a brand new build and then it takes time to move it to your location so your EDD may be 1-2 weeks later.

My understanding is the "factory gated date" is the date the car finishes production. Out of Fremont it seems the VINs are assigned the day it finishes or the next day. I'm not sure if Austin is the same but probably. 02/26 is in the future but did you mean 02/06? If your VIN was assigned same day as the factory gated date then that is a brand new build and then it takes time to move it to your location so your EDD may be 1-2 weeks later.
:) yeah sorry I mean 02/06 is gated date but Vin was assigned today after I complained on text that why my order was being pushed even though I ordered early. I am glad they did and long as nothing wrong wih the car. My edd schedule pickup is next week.

Reactions: arbitrage000
MYLR :
OD 1/13 for a 7 seater
EDD1 Feb-Mar
Feb 8th updated configuration to 5 seater
EDD2 Mar-May
02/15 Added registeration
EDD3 April-Jun

Seems like Tesla is lookking to push your odd for any little change you make :(

Now no gurantee I would be eligible for 7500 rebate after March and may have to cancel if I don't :(
Thanks.. i ordered 7 seater and was thinking to change it to 5.. no more.. will wait in line.m

Taking MYLR delivery tomorrow, ordered on Jan 14. There is a very long delivery checklist online. Doni just accept the delivery then check it at home or do it at the Tesla sc? I think ultimately they will just make an appointment if any defects is found?

WA/OR folks, if you are looking for available unit, I have one that I'm ready to let go. Wife doesn't approve and decided to go with Model 3 instead.

- MYLR White Ext / White Int, all basic options
- MSRP $44,990 including $1K discount (Demo vehicle with less than 1K miles).
- Ready for delivery this Sat 2/18 at Seattle area (VIN assigned and pick up scheduled).
- Looking to recover booking fee only. PM me with your phone number and we'll talk.
- Transferring is doable although Tesla discouraging it.
I'm in Seattle and would be interested in connecting with you. Just trying to reconcile the price...does the order include 20 inch tires? I ordered an MYLR on Feb. 5 in midnight silver / black interior / 19 inch Gemini wheels, but your color combination could work for us. I couldn't figure how to PM you through this platform; am I missing something?

Which color combo? Any other options?
Metallic silver is the only option. I wanted the black tires and metallic silver but wouldn’t qualify for the 7500 credit w the MYLR, so i switched to the MYP, to get the credit, it’s a little bit more but it’s what I wanted. :)
Feels like I’ve been waiting for so long, now everything’s happening so fast, so excited!