Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here, waiting for my Model Y LR, white interior, no other upgrades. I ordered on Jan 16 and received an estimated arrival of January-March 31. On March 31 it changed to whatever today's date is until ten days later. I have not gotten a VIN. Looking at the data on this forum, almost everyone that ordered mid-january got their car in under 60 days. I live three hours North of Giga-Texas. I know there's a randomness to this but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to find out a real date of delivery, or if there's something wrong with my order.
Sorry... I disagree!! Look at my Signature..

Newbie here, waiting for my Model Y LR, white interior, no other upgrades. I ordered on Jan 16 and received an estimated arrival of January-March 31. On March 31 it changed to whatever today's date is until ten days later. I have not gotten a VIN. Looking at the data on this forum, almost everyone that ordered mid-january got their car in under 60 days. I live three hours North of Giga-Texas. I know there's a randomness to this but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to find out a real date of delivery, or if there's something wrong with my order.
The best thing to do is go talk to someone at the dealer. That worked for me. I ordered the car on 3/3 and picked up my Model Y LR today. We got the car in 33 days in Sacramento. A few minor issues that will get fixed in the home service Monday morning.

It seems like some people have had success by visiting the Tesla delivery center and speaking with a service advisor in person. Sending text messages usually does not yield any helpful feedback.

It seems like some people have had success by visiting the Tesla delivery center and speaking with a service advisor in person. Sending text messages usually does not yield any helpful feedback.
Good luck! I tried going in person, and it was like talking to a wall. Granted I went to a Tesla store, not a delivery center. My reasoning at the time was: 1) I can walk there from my job; 2) I did a test drive from there; 3) I thought they would not be busy like in a DC, so they would not mind me dropping by: they weren't busy the store was empty when I visited. Still they were not welcoming :(; 4) At the time I did not know which one would be my DC.

I am considering driving to the DC this weekend. I would love to have a narrower EDD window so I can plan my life, you know :rolleyes:

Good luck! I tried going in person, and it was like talking to a wall. Granted I went to a Tesla store, not a delivery center. My reasoning at the time was: 1) I can walk there from my job; 2) I did a test drive from there; 3) I thought they would not be busy like in a DC, so they would not mind me dropping by: they weren't busy the store was empty when I visited. Still they were not welcoming :(; 4) At the time I did not know which one would be my DC.

I am considering driving to the DC this weekend. I would love to have a narrower EDD window so I can plan my life, you know :rolleyes:
When waiting for my car I had two totally different experiences at Tesla stores, my car was supposed to be delivered to the Irvine, CA center, I went there about a week after the order to see what was up because I had a vin right after order (MYAWD) Irvine was not welcoming after hearing I was wanting delivery info, they were only nice when they thought I was there to order a car.

About 3 days later I was working on a job down the street from the Long Beach, CA store so I decided to go in and ask them if they could give me any info on the car, they immediately looked up my vin and informed me the car had not yet been built and had no idea when the build was scheduled, I said I thought I was buying from inventory to get this car quicker?, I then asked if they had any like mine already built, they matched up a car that was built 2 days ago and talked to their manager to see if they could switch it out for mine, they did and re routed the car from the original destination to Long Beach, they also informed me of the arrival date (3/2,3/3) it arrived on 3/2.

Reactions: groenqueen
Just got the disclaimer about ultrasonic sensors (no) and Tesla Vision (yes). Hit the "Continue with Order" button and a VIN is now assigned.

Idaho
MYLR 5 seat, white w/ black interior, 19" wheels, tow hitch
01/20 - Ordered
01/20 - EDD1 January - March
02/14 - EDD2 March 5 - March 31
03/04 - EDD3 April 15 - May 20
03/22 - EDD4 April 8 - May 6
04/08 - EDD5 April 14 - April 21, VIN assigned

Reactions: zephron and Dr.O
Just got the disclaimer about ultrasonic sensors (no) and Tesla Vision (yes). Hit the "Continue with Order" button and a VIN is now assigned.

Idaho
MYLR 5 seat, white w/ black interior, 19" wheels, tow hitch
01/20 - Ordered
01/20 - EDD1 January - March
02/14 - EDD2 March 5 - March 31
03/04 - EDD3 April 15 - May 20
03/22 - EDD4 April 8 - May 6
04/08 - EDD5 April 14 - April 21, VIN assigned
Hi, where did you see the disclaimer? Did they send it to you by email or text message? Could you please provide the link? I just wondering maybe I can login and hit the " Continue with order " like you did🤔

New to Tesla and to this forum and this is my first post/reply. That said, I ordered a Y Performance, white/white, on 4/6 while on vacation. I have a trade and needed to take pics of my trade to "Continue" all the pre-delivery steps. So many questions, but I did speak to Tesla Customer Service this morning and was told it looks like delivery will be at end of this month. That said, I took the photos and now trade offer is pending. I live in WA and the trade will help offset sales tax. I also never put money down on a car (personally, I find autos to not be a good financial investment where equity always diminishes).

That said, I have never bought a car like this where I have to find my own financing for a new car and used to going into a deal knowing what my credit union offers and the dealer always beats that rate. I called Tesla this morning to see if it's possible to finance the entire amount (trade, taxes, delivery, everything). He appeared confident that is possible, but right now I not going to move forward with Tesla's financing application because my trade is pending and it won't let me change the down payment to zero.

Has anyone traded a car, zero down and financed the whole thing through Tesla financing?

While I do like the tax credit and the recent price reduction, these interest rates are insane. I have excellent credit (800+) so any leads on 72 month financing I am all ears.

New to Tesla and to this forum and this is my first post/reply. That said, I ordered a Y Performance, white/white, on 4/6 while on vacation. I have a trade and needed to take pics of my trade to "Continue" all the pre-delivery steps. So many questions, but I did speak to Tesla Customer Service this morning and was told it looks like delivery will be at end of this month. That said, I took the photos and now trade offer is pending. I live in WA and the trade will help offset sales tax. I also never put money down on a car (personally, I find autos to not be a good financial investment where equity always diminishes).

That said, I have never bought a car like this where I have to find my own financing for a new car and used to going into a deal knowing what my credit union offers and the dealer always beats that rate. I called Tesla this morning to see if it's possible to finance the entire amount (trade, taxes, delivery, everything). He appeared confident that is possible, but right now I not going to move forward with Tesla's financing application because my trade is pending and it won't let me change the down payment to zero.

Has anyone traded a car, zero down and financed the whole thing through Tesla financing?

While I do like the tax credit and the recent price reduction, these interest rates are insane. I have excellent credit (800+) so any leads on 72 month financing I am all ears.
Take the longer term, but just pay it off a few years early to beat the high interest rate.

Just noticed that got Vin assigned.
(Interestingly enough didn’t get any email or text from Tesla yet) found by checking.

Here is my full history:
MYLR Black / White 5-seater / 19" gemini
Staten Island, NY
OD - 01/26/23
01/26 EDD - 03/10 - 03/31 (no VIN)
02/14 EDD - 04/08 - 05/20 (no VIN)
02/23 EDD - 03/24 - 03/31 (no VIN)
02/28 EDD - 04/11 - 05/16 (no VIN)
04/04 EDD - 04/16 - 04/22 VIN: 7SAY (Austin)
Just got another update. Looks like will be ready for delivery soon:

I do have a question to the forum. I am trying to get financing from a Credit Union in NY, but it's still in the process of getting approved.
I am expecting to be approved this week. However, Tesla may happen to be ready for delivery before that happens. What happens in this scenario?
I am hoping Tesla can wait a short amount of time for the financial stars to align. I don't really want to pay much higher Tesla rate.

Here is my full history:
MYLR Black / White 5-seater / 19" gemini
Staten Island, NY
OD - 01/26/23
01/26 EDD - 03/10 - 03/31 (no VIN)
02/14 EDD - 04/08 - 05/20 (no VIN)
02/23 EDD - 03/24 - 03/31 (no VIN)
02/28 EDD - 04/11 - 05/16 (no VIN)
04/04 EDD - 04/16 - 04/22 (VIN assiged) 7SAY (Austin)
04/09 EDD - 04/13 - 04/22 (VIN assiged) 7SAY (Austin)

Hi, where did you see the disclaimer?
Hi Bin, the disclaimer was a pop-up in the Android phone app, appeared when I checked on my "tasks". I also got email and text notifications about the vin assignment and one of my new tasks was to schedule delivery.

Tesla offered two days that I could schedule for delivery and I'm out of town for both of them. This was on Saturday and they began badgering via automated text to schedule delivery and by Sunday gave me an ultimatum that they would sell the car to someone else if I hadn't scheduled it by Monday at 4:00 PM. And the service center here is closed on Monday. So I signed up for a slot I knew I couldn't make just so they wouldn't sell the car out from under me and texted the service folks the dates that I could make. This Monday morning I got a human response that they had rescheduled me for one of these dates which now shows up in the app. So looks like I'll be picking it up Saturday after next.

Hi Bin, the disclaimer was a pop-up in the Android phone app, appeared when I checked on my "tasks". I also got email and text notifications about the vin assignment and one of my new tasks was to schedule delivery.

Tesla offered two days that I could schedule for delivery and I'm out of town for both of them. This was on Saturday and they began badgering via automated text to schedule delivery and by Sunday gave me an ultimatum that they would sell the car to someone else if I hadn't scheduled it by Monday at 4:00 PM. And the service center here is closed on Monday. So I signed up for a slot I knew I couldn't make just so they wouldn't sell the car out from under me and texted the service folks the dates that I could make. This Monday morning I got a human response that they had rescheduled me for one of these dates which now shows up in the app. So looks like I'll be picking it up Saturday after next.
Thank you for all the info, I hope everything will goes well with you pick up.
I just received the disclaimer today, and the VIN assigned, New EDD 4/29-5/8, I called the tesla dealer near my location, they said my car might arrive on the 4/21. Finally!! After a very long wait time, I am so happy to see the VIN assigned.

I ordered my MYP on 4/6 and at that time site said EDD April. I also saw the LR is further out and seeing this and other threads, the LR seems to be more popular or in demand.

I have a trade and I entered that info into the app and uploaded photos it asked on 4/8.

I inquired about the time it takes to receive an offer (even though I got a tentative offer range outside the app from Tesla), and was told they can’t give an offer until I get a VIN because the used car values change quickly. That makes sense.

However, I also can’t start financing options with or without Tesla because I don’t have all the pieces to a final or out-the-door price.

I ordered my MYP on 4/6 and at that time site said EDD April. I also saw the LR is further out and seeing this and other threads, the LR seems to be more popular or in demand.

I have a trade and I entered that info into the app and uploaded photos it asked on 4/8.

I inquired about the time it takes to receive an offer (even though I got a tentative offer range outside the app from Tesla), and was told they can’t give an offer until I get a VIN because the used car values change quickly. That makes sense.

However, I also can’t start financing options with or without Tesla because I don’t have all the pieces to a final or out-the-door price.
I was told this as well but also told I would need a payoff for 10 days now and then again before I take delivery

They can they just don’t want the too. Only good for 30 days.