Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Tint Price and Which Windows - NW Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I’ve gotten several Tint quotes in NW Ohio, from well reviewed (4.5+ stars) shops, and all have been consistently high IMO… >$1000 for whole car. I’m looking for ceramic tint as I had on my prior Tesla, but these prices are ridiculous.

Are these following brands good, are these prices reasonable these days, and are there windows I should not get tinted (e.g. crack from absorbing too much heat, or electronics damage from excess water during install)?

1. ASWF: $650 for sides and back window. Would not quote roof and windshield.
2. Flexfilm Panaflex Charcoal: $650 for sides and back, $300 for windshield, $250 for sunroof.
3. Suntek Evolve: $400 for sides and back, $350 for windshield, and $350 for sunroof.

-TIA

Suntek evolve should be ceramic (though double check), I would personally go for that versus the rest (though it depends on the type of ASWF you are getting). I don't know how hot it gets in Ohio, do you just want tint for more darkness? The sunroof, rear-windshield, and the rear side windows are already quite dark on the Model Y.

I personally tinted only the front 2 windows on my Y. However I did tint everything on my model 3 except the windshield. That ran me $495 for RAYNO ceramic tint on my 3, and I think it was $190 for the two front windows on my Y (or something like that).

Reactions: AJLanger5
Upvote 0
Suntek evolve should be ceramic (though double check), I would personally go for that versus the rest (though it depends on the type of ASWF you are getting). I don't know how hot it gets in Ohio, do you just want tint for more darkness? The sunroof, rear-windshield, and the rear side windows are already quite dark on the Model Y.

I personally tinted only the front 2 windows on my Y. However I did tint everything on my model 3 except the windshield. That ran me $495 for RAYNO ceramic tint on my 3, and I think it was $190 for the two front windows on my Y (or something like that).
Thanks for reply. Your prices seem significantly less than what I’m getting quotes for. Wish could find those prices.

I’m actually interested more in heat rejection, rather than privacy, so want to do as many windows as makes sense to keep cabin comfortable while driving. It’s not as hot in OH as FL or TX I am sure, but we still get sunny days through the summer and well into 80-90s. Since the roof is such a big piece of glass I presume just the side windows is not enough, but one shop said they wouldn’t tint the top bc the extra heat absorbed by tint could crack it?!? Don’t know if that’s ACTUALLY common or they are just protecting themselves from liability.

Also, these shops all seem to carry only one kind of tint (dealers choice?) and that makes it hard to shop around too.

Upvote 0