Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I’ve also been assigned a VIN today. The date has been updated to 21st Jan - 5th Feb. I’ve ordered M3 RWD white black interior (the basic one essentially) through the salary sacrifice scheme. Can’t wait to have a precise delivery date!
Is there a way to confirm what ship our cars are on?
Historically, the process has been that VINs are assigned a couple of days after the vehicles are loaded onto the ship and are in transit. This would imply that the ship would be TITUS as it is due in Southampton on 14th Jan, which would allow 1-2 weeks to disperse the shipment around the UK. I think it is safe to make an educated guess that your vehicle is on TITUS.

Hey guys, I’ve also been assigned a VIN today. The date has been updated to 21st Jan - 5th Feb. I’ve ordered M3 RWD white black interior (the basic one essentially) through the salary sacrifice scheme. Can’t wait to have a precise delivery date!
I've been assigned a VIN today too with updated delivery 21 Jan - 05 Feb
Will almost certainly be TITUS if the VINs have just been assigned today - TITUS left SHG 2 days ago - so aligns perfectly with the fact that Tesla assigns VINs once cars are en route.
TITUS arrives Southampton on 14 January so 21 Jan estimate is a week on from offload at port, which is about right.

Out of interest, when did you order ?

Mine is also through Leaseplan (ordered on the 7th Sept)

Have also been assigned a VIN today! TM3 LR White with black interior, 19" Nova. Ordered mid November.

You could confirm it if it's on a Hoegh owned vessel or not by entering it on their tracking site. But as others have said it's very likely shipped on TITUS operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen and I don't think they have the same VIN tracking function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any order in assigning a VIN number? I placed an order on October 31st (Switzerland) M3H Standard Range and still no news. The delivery date jumps from December to February 3 - March 14 all the time. I noticed that orders placed later already have some information or even the picked up a car

TITUS just passing Taiwan en route Singapore before routing to Southampton via Suez. Exciting!

An update...

It seems that the rain of VINs has already begun and some lucky people have already received theirs, so, congratulations. Normally, assignments can take up to 3 days, so for those who haven't received it yet, be patient.

MORNING CHAMPION Barcelona Dec 25. Sail through the South Atlantic. Zeebrugge Dec 31

TITUS Southampton 14 Jan & Zeebrugge 16 Jan. Sailing near the coast of Taiwan towards Singapore to make a technical refueling stop.

Is there any order in assigning a VIN number? I placed an order on October 31st (Switzerland) M3H Standard Range and still no news. The delivery date jumps from December to February 3 - March 14 all the time. I noticed that orders placed later already have some information or even the picked up a car
It will depend on the Spec as much as on the date. For example, it may take longer to get matched a LHD White Standard Range with black interior than a Red/Stealth Grey LR, with white interior and sports wheels - mainly due to the fact a lot of people will be buying the entry spec, and less will be buying every option - thus they will get through the queue quicker.

That is my understanding at least.

The system by which Tesla assigns VINs is a real mystery and nonsense. In your case, the only possibility would be that your car came on the MORNING CHAMPION that arrives in Zeebrugge on the 31st. In Spain, VIN assignments from this ship began on 11/27 and currently assignments are made almost daily, in addition, yesterday, Tesla began offering cars in the inventory of the Spanish website from the MORNING CHAMPION.

As far as we know, VINs have also been assigned in northern European countries, so if you don't end up getting yours, I'm afraid you'd have to wait for the next ship and we'd be off to Q1 2024.

Just got the following message from Tesla, anyone else received this?

"Tesla Update - Whilst we cannot wait to deliver your Model 3 in 2024, your vehicle assignment will likely be recalculated. That does not change your place in line to receive your new Model 3 and we will reach out in early 2024 with further delivery updates."

Has this ever happened before?!

"Tesla Update - Whilst we cannot wait to deliver your Model 3 in 2024, your vehicle assignment will likely be recalculated. That does not change your place in line to receive your new Model 3 and we will reach out in early 2024 with further delivery updates."

Yes I just got it as well, maybe forewarning incase ship is diverted from Suez?

Reactions: ringi

Just received the same, didn't happen last time so will be intrigued to see if anyone can shed light on what exactly this means/the cause.

Yes I just got it as well, maybe forewarning incase ship is diverted from Suez?
To me, I'd expect that to change dates, but not your vehicle assignment to be recalculated. Recalculated vehicle assignment would imply a different car, rather than a later date.

Edit: I also note that there is no longer a VIN assigned within the App. I wonder if someone jumped the gun with VIN allocations.

I decided to ask on Live Chat. System Error is the narrative.

Screenshot.png

When I asked when we should receive allocations, I was told "At this moment in time, it's not something that we can say for definite. However, we can predict allocations will be made in early 2024"

Yeah my VIN has also been unallocated. Support rep mentioned their system allocated VINs by mistake and they will update me with a confirmed VIN later, though the VIN decoder shows I had the right configuration...

Not sure what's happened. Bit frustrating but supposedly delivery timeframe is unaffected.