Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the incredible knowledge gathering and sharing!
Since I’m in Belgium, with delivery between 14.03 and 26.03 (ordered 31.01), I have several ships possible. I’d say Grand Ruby.
I have two questions:
- How long would delivery be after arrival in Zeebrugge considering the delivery centre is 1h20 min away from port?
- How soon should I expect the VIN as I may want to cancel the order depending on 01.03 announcements (which would probably mean an increased M3 price I suspect)?

Many thanks!
As you have correctly surmised your car will probably have only just left Shanghai or is about to depart. Since you are in Belgium I think it a reasonable assumption that your car would be shipped to Zeebrugge, but this is Tesla! They could just as well ship it to Koper or Barcelona and no, I'm not joking.
As for cancelling an order on the basis of a price increase, I should tell you that Tesla have not applied price increases to existing orders. I also wouldn't be expecting a price increase either, who is spreading that rumour??
Anyway, search the forum on how to discover your hidden VIN. That is when you know your car is definitely on its way. If you check for it regularly you may be able to tie it with a recent departure from Shanghai.

Reactions: navguy12
1676650427262.png

Looks like GM approaching Netley.........

Lovely sunny afternoon where I am, Southampton looks a bit grim!

Reactions: infaddict
HOEGH CHIBA.

Yes, HOEGH CHIBA has a lot of RWD Tesla's on board for the Irish market but very few LR's from the forum's I'm seeing. I think a lot of Irish customers changed to the LR model when the prices dropped so we're all hoping there's another Ship carrying LR Tesla's for Irish customers besides HOEGH CHIBA.
Oh that's my bad, I should have specified: it's not on Hoegh Chiba because I ordered early Feb and all those cars are already allocated to November - January orders.
I was enquiring whether there are any details on RHDs for Ireland being on future ships

Yes, HOEGH CHIBA has a lot of RWD Tesla's on board for the Irish market but very few LR's from the forum's I'm seeing. I think a lot of Irish customers changed to the LR model when the prices dropped so we're all hoping there's another Ship carrying LR Tesla's for Irish customers besides HOEGH CHIBA.
It's unlikely any of the current ships will be bringing RHD LRs to Ireland. 3 weeks before the HOEGH CHIBA sailed, many Irish RWD buyers from 2022 had their delivery range narrowed from month-based to date-based. I don't know what triggers this but it may have been around when the batch to be loaded to the HOEGH CHIBA was finalised for production. That narrowing of delivery dates hasn't happened yet for any Irish LR orders, most of which were placed on or after the 13th of January.

Out of interest, if a collection date and time is arranged, do these normally stay pretty rigid? Accepting things are always unknown e.g. Suez Canal blockage again, are Tesla otherwise good at honouring the date of pickup once it's booked in on the app? Just so I have a rough idea of when to get rid of the current car we have

Reactions: tearsinrain
Friday 17 Feb 23 SUMMARY

GRAND MARK
Arrived Southampton Western Docks. End of Tesla charter.

LAKE KIVU Will arrive in Zeebrugge in the small hours of Saturday morning.

HOEGH TRAPPER ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge. . Her scheduled arrrival in Zeebrugge remains 22 Feb.

COSCO TENGFEI : She remains a suspect for the moment...We should find out where she is heading to tomorrow once she departs the Suez Canal.

RCC PASSION ETA Koper 27 Feb. A prime suspect but no firm evidence to suggest she is carrying any Teslas.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE I suspect she may be heading to Zeebrugge ETA ~08 Mar. If heading to Koper ~ 02 Mar

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona 08 Mar. Currently refuelling off Singapore.

DREAM ORCHID Departed Shanghai South to Pyeongtaek, S Korea. Now heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar (via refuel in Singapore) and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 16 Mar. Currently enroute to Singapore(refuel stop).

GRAND RUBY is now enroute to Singapore ETA 22 Feb.
This could mean an ETA in Koper of 10 Mar or Barcelona on 11 Mar. If heading to Zeebrugge ~ 16 Mar

GRAND HERO is now alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains undetermined at the moment but I think is more likely to be a Mediterranean port rather than one in NW Europe..

GOLD XING ETA Taipei 04 Mar. She is heading to Taiwan with Berlin-built MYs onboard.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.'

I'm told that we should expect to see a ship arrive at Pier 80 shortly. Since Taiwan is now supplied with MY from Berlin, I'm guessing this could be to pick up M3 for Taiwan. We shall see....

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistake Not
Hello all!

Ordered on 5 Feb, EDD was 18-31 Mar for 2 weeks, this morning I needed to press OK to acknowledge the Tesla Vision, and the updated EED is now 24-31 Mar, still saying they're drafting paperwork so I can make downpayment.

Anyone else in a similar situation/past experience, can I expect delivery window to be actually within that range?

MYLR Red White/Black Gemini no tow