Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Glovis Sunrise has left Shanghai, anyone any idea where her final destination is?
Yes GLOVIS SUNRISE has now departed Shanghai South for Suez (26 Feb).
At present we don't actually know for sure whether she is carrying any Teslas!
I'm hoping a WuWa video will appear later today to confirm it, however my gut feel is that this will be a Tesla shipment.
Ideally that video will show whether the load is primarily RHD or LHD.
If we don't get the video, the next stage will be evidence of VIN allocation. (Search the forum or this thread on how to discover a hidden VIN in your account). I expect this to occur within the next few days.
The following are a list of possible final destinations and my respective calculated ETA's:
Koper 02 Mar
Barcelona 03 Mar
Southampton 07 Mar
Zeebrugge 08 Mar

I'm hoping a WuWa video will appear later today to confirm it, however my gut feel is that this will be a Tesla shipment.
If we don't get the video, the next stage will be evidence of VIN allocation. (Search the forum or this thread on how to discover a hidden VIN in your account). I expect this to occur within the next few days.
The following are a list of possible final destinations and my respective calculated ETA's:
Koper 02 Mar
Barcelona 03 Mar
Southampton 07 Mar
Zeebrugge 08 Mar
Great update as always, I have a delivery window of 15th -31st of March which would fit. So fingers crossed!

Thanks for that Link Mr Miserable.

Does anyone know if the pre delivery inspections are done in the tented facilities once they've been taken off the ship, or does this occur elsewhere once the vehicles have been distributed via car transporters (presumably at a Tesla Service Centre or another semi-temporary tented facility). I presume the later to ensure any damage during transit is rectified before the customer notices it.

I've never even thought or cared about vehicle shipping and distribution before getting into this poxy thread! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Mistake Not
And likewise - a Tesla store rep told me last week (in person in Cork) that the people tracking ships are unreal and often know more than they do themselves!
I've just pinched myself and I can confirm I am real!
It's very true that Tesla employees are not 'in the loop' on the detail of shipments - hence the reason for the existence of this thread!
It would be very easy for Tesla to have a 'Mr Miserable' to keep customers informed of where their car is in the delivery process but they choose not to.

Thanks for that Link Mr Miserable.

Does anyone know if the pre delivery inspections are done in the tented facilities once they've been taken off the ship, or does this occur elsewhere once the vehicles have been distributed via car transporters (presumably at a Tesla Service Centre or another semi-temporary tented facility). I presume the later to ensure any damage during transit is rectified before the customer notices it.

I've never even thought or cared about vehicle shipping and distribution before getting into this poxy thread! 😂
This poxy thread addresses the shipping, whilst another poxy thread will cover the delivery aspect of your poxy car.

From my perspective - working in the logistic and transportation business - it would take som time, yes. And on top of the registration process, they need to move the cars quite a distance too. When I see how many cars are still at the dock in Drammen, I think we need to just sit back and just wait 😓
Drammen is a not a good example unfortunately because the process in Norway is very different from the UK.
For example, they don't work at weekends (no Teslas move from the docks at weekends) at Drammen and the in the UK the cars are prepared on the dockside prior to loading on to car transporters for distribution. Additionally, there are other ports that are used in Norway whereas in the UK, Southampton is the sole port of entry for Tesla.

On the subject of Drammen, the 'Tesla' holding area has now been cleared. I wonder if we will see some vehicles moved there from the quayside where AUTO ACHIEVE disgorged her contents. Looking at the 'Tangen' and 'Tollbukaia" cameras, they look like Teslas to me. I'm not sure how long they have been there.

Last edited:
Somebody in the Tesla Owners Ireland FB group said that Tesla told them today that all Q1 allocations for Ireland were complete now so if you don't have a VIN assigned now then you are not getting a car in this Q and the best you can hope for now is a May/June shipment.
That is not correct. I was finally allocated a VIN today. MY RWD. Had to change the color though from grey to blue. There will be still some cars left for allocation 100% for Ireland.
Also 100% there will be another shipment coming soon.

From my perspective - working in the logistic and transportation business - it would take som time, yes. And on top of the registration process, they need to move the cars quite a distance too. When I see how many cars are still at the dock in Drammen, I think we need to just sit back and just wait 😓

I am guessing that my Model 3 is either in Drammen already waiting for a car transporter - or in Zeebrugge waiting for a ship doing the Norwegian west coast - or on a stealth ship heading north already.

I assume it came on the Gold Xing which was delayed trough Suez. Which partly explains why my delivery estimate has been pushed a few times.

That is not correct. I was finally allocated a VIN today. MY RWD. Had to change the color though from grey to blue. There will be still some cars left for allocation 100% for Ireland.
Also 100% there will be another shipment coming soon.

That's good news! I for one have a red RWD on my order, which I think it's a bit stupid from me, but that's the only colour I liked from the beginning. Feeling I should've stuck with the white now, still waiting on a VIN.

Drammen is a not a good example unfortunately because the process in Norway is very different from the UK.
For example, they don't work at weekends (no Teslas move from the docks at weekends) at Drammen and the in the UK the cars are prepared on the dockside prior to loading on to car transporters for distribution. Additionally, there are other ports that are used in Norway whereas in the UK, Southampton is the sole port of entry for Tesla.

On the subject of Drammen, the 'Tesla' holding area has now been cleared. I wonder if we will see some vehicles moved there from the quayside where AUTO ACHIEVE disgorged her contents. Looking at the 'Tangen' and 'Tollbukaia" cameras, they look like Teslas to me. I'm not sure how long they have been there.
Yeah, your are right. "No one" works weekends in Norway.
I can see from the camera in the Risgarden dock, that one level now has been filled up with new cars. Considering the colour of the cars, I believe it is the cargo from Auto Achieve. I am quite sure that level was not full yesterday.
1675943666776.png

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420
I am guessing that my Model 3 is either in Drammen already waiting for a car transporter - or in Zeebrugge waiting for a ship doing the Norwegian west coast - or on a stealth ship heading north already.

I assume it came on the Gold Xing which was delayed trough Suez. Which partly explains why my delivery estimate has been pushed a few times.
Well, I hope you get yours soon. The waiting is killing me! And now that I've sold my model 3, I'm driving diesel o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Christine69420
Koper 02 Mar
Barcelona 03 Mar
Southampton 07 Mar
Zeebrugge 08 Mar
I found my VIN in the source code yesterday, but suspect that it was allocated on Monday, as I got a prompt to accept that I was getting a car without USS on Monday around noon. I didn't check the source code until yesterday.

I called Tesla about an hour ago and they said that "The car has just left the factory" and "It's on going a ship headed for Belgium". It wasn't clear from the conversation, weather the car was already on a ship or waiting to get on a ship, but as far as I can see on different forums, the VIN is usually allocated after departure.

It is an M3 LR LHD, is ordered to Norway and has estimated delivery: 22. - 31.03. That's seems to align with GLOVIS SUNRISE if the VIN hadn't been allocated so early.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Anyone have any idea about Model X / S heading for Europe? Dont see any vessels from US to Europe at all on the tracking map. Ordered Model X exactly 2 years ago and had a delivery Q1 but now it changed to Q2. Customer support says they are still targeting to deliver in Q1 though. No vin assigned. Ordered to Sweden.
The same in Poland. I ordered 2 years ago, delivery timing will be available soon. Customer support says they will deliver in Q1. No VIN.

GRANDE NEW YORK has docked at the main Haitong terminal rather than Shanghai South, so she has tumbled down the 'likely suspect' ladder as a result.
Now that GLOVIS SUNRISE has departed Shanghai South I can't see any likely nearby candidates for the next EU/UK run apart perhaps from DREAM ORCHID which is currently unloading in Taiwan.
I'm a little surprised that DONG-A GLAUCOS has yet to dock in Barcelona - she was scheduled to dock at 17:00 yesterday.
Happily, MSC IMMACOLATA is currently unloading in Southampton's Western Docks and the next UK ship, GRAND MARK is currently making her way north through the Suez Canal.