Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 932707

Here’s an extract from the boards.ie forum. This seems only to relate to M3 deliveries to Ireland as far as I can see.
On the Tesla Ireland ordering site it still gives Estimated Delivery: Apr – Jun 2023 for custom orders, if they dock elsewhere before landing in Dublin and take a few days to register it after landing that woukld suggest the ship should already have departed Shanghai at least... Notable that all the inventory cars seen the other day are no longer on the website

View attachment 932707

Here’s an extract from the boards.ie forum. This seems only to relate to M3 deliveries to Ireland as far as I can see.
That's interesting if only because once again we see Irish cars being loaded onto UK- bound ships. The Tesla charter is only as far as Southampton and so they may be offloaded there and then transhipped on to a Zeebrugge-bound ship later. This is what I believe happened to the "900" Irish cars that recently arrived in Dublin. At the moment I don't know where GRANDE MIRAFIORI will depart to (UPDATE: She will depart to Antwerp) and we may be lucky and it heads to Zeebrugge.
The normal state of affairs is for Irish cars to be shipped direct to Zeebrugge from Shanghai.

Last edited:
That's interesting if only because once again we see Irish cars being loaded onto UK- bound ships. The Tesla charter is only as far as Southampton and so they may be offloaded there and then transhipped on to a Zeebrugge-bound ship later. This is what I believe happened to the "900" Irish cars that recently arrived in Dublin. At the moment I don't know where GRANDE MIRAFIORI will depart to (UPDATE: She will depart to Antwerp) and we may be lucky and it heads to Zeebrugge.
The normal state of affairs is for Irish cars to be shipped direct to Zeebrugge from Shanghai.

That makes sense if Tesla wishes to delay allocating cars between UK and Ireland until the last moment, would also allow them to be made as a single batch in the factory without needing to separate them in China.

Yeah from chatting with Tesla things have changed for Irish deliveries in H1 2023. Normally there would be two deliveries a year to Ireland - one in March and one in September. Since the price cuts in January the interest is such that there will be be a total of 4 ship loads of cars in total! Two of which have arrived and two of which are apparently on their way.

As things stand, anyone with a VIN for a MY has an EDD of end May to start of June (presumably on Grand Champion given timelines and timing of VINs at Suez Canal). People with a VIN for a M3 have for some reason had their VIN and EDD for same dates removed and changed to TBD with no hidden VIN anymore. According to the above they’re expected to arrive on a later ship in June. Hard to keep track now!

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Yeah from chatting with Tesla things have changed for Irish deliveries in H1 2023. Normally there would be two deliveries a year to Ireland - one in March and one in September. Since the price cuts in January the interest is such that there will be be a total of 4 ship loads of cars in total! Two of which have arrived and two of which are apparently on their way.

As things stand, anyone with a VIN for a MY has an EDD of end May to start of June (presumably on Grand Champion given timelines and timing of VINs at Suez Canal). People with a VIN for a M3 have for some reason had their VIN and EDD for same dates removed and changed to TBD with no hidden VIN anymore. According to the above they’re expected to arrive on a later ship in June. Hard to keep track now!

Not entirely true. I have an order for an M3. My EDD did change to TBD but I still have a hidden VIN. Most people I’ve heard from haven’t had their VIN removed

You may recall I mentioned the other day about the early arrival of GRANDE CALIFORNIA, well it seems that she has gone into a dockyard opposite the Haitong terminal for some routine maintenance. I think it safe to say she will be in the dockyard for just under 2 weeks.

I've got a MY on the MIRAFIORI, seems a lot of others do too. VIN allocated

OK but why this ship? This ship hasn't loaded in Zeebrugge or Bremerhaven, so where did it load your MY?
I'm not convinced you have identified the correct ship.
When are you expecting to take delivery?
Hi Mr.M

The ship has left Izmir and going to Egypt. Just after she left, I received my VIN and engine numbers for MY LR order.

I am sure it is this ship, but also have doubts about the source harbor as you mentioned.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI Competition

Where will GRANDE MIRAFIORI be at Midday UTC on 16 May 23?
She should be sailing somewhere between Suez and Southampton.​

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it, that you think the ship will be located in. (I realise they aren't actually square!)

EU Maj Sq.png

Minor Squares.png

Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 11 May 23 or when the ship enters the Suez Canal, if earlier.

There is no prize - it's just bit of fun! It's free to enter.
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 16 May 23.

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!
BUT please enter your real TMC forum username. Thank you

Click HERE to enter!

29 Apr 23 Summary

MORNING CRYSTAL
ETA Brisbane today.

HOEGH MANILA ETA Rotterdam 1 May. MS and MX onboard from the USA.
If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GRAND CHAMPION ETA Zeebrugge 5 May.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE ETA Barcelona 15 May.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 20 May. Don't forget to enter the free competition! Click HERE to enter.

HOEGH SHANGHAI is on a scheduled service and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 25 May. We don't yet know whether she has any Teslas onboard but the good news is that we can check if any Teslas have been loaded onboard her once the VINs have been allocated.

MORNING CAROLINE is currently loading at Shanghai South. We don't know whether this is a Tesla ship or her destination at present.
UPDATE: She will depart to the USA and is not a Tesla ship and won't be carrying any Teslas.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Hi, new member from Sweden here and really appreciate all the updates. I try to understand how it works in Shanghai, is it only the south harbour that is used for Tesla Europe exports? Because I think Hoegh shanghai loaded from another place and if so, why is not Morning Peace that left yesterday to Zeebrugge on the list?

29 Apr 23 Summary

MORNING CRYSTAL
ETA Brisbane today.

HOEGH MANILA ETA Rotterdam 1 May. MS and MX onboard from the USA.
If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GRAND CHAMPION ETA Zeebrugge 5 May.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE ETA Barcelona 15 May.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 20 May.

HOEGH SHANGHAI is on a scheduled service and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 25 May. We don't yet know whether she has any Teslas onboard but the good news is that we can check if any Teslas have been loaded onboard her once the VINs have been allocated.

MORNING CAROLINE is currently loading at Shanghai South. We don't know whether this is a Tesla ship or her destination at present.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
How accurate is the map? Marine traffic website seems to update differently

Hi, new member from Sweden here and really appreciate all the updates. I try to understand how it works in Shanghai, is it only the south harbour that is used for Tesla Europe exports? Because I think Hoegh shanghai loaded from another place and if so, why is not Morning Peace that left yesterday to Zeebrugge on the list?
Tesla do indeed use Haitong and Taicang ports as well as Shanghai South.
MORNING PEACE's 1st stop will be Antwerp which is not a port Tesla use and so we can say that this is not a Tesla charter. Lots of other marques, increasingly EVs, are made in China too and so not every ship is a Tesla ship. Additionally, there are the buses, trains, cranes and farming equipment that are loaded on to RoRos for export too.
That's not to say there will not be Teslas onboard this ship because her second stop is Zeebrugge on 31 May. Tesla have been buying up all available space to ship their cars and so there is a chance there may be some onboard. The key word here is 'some'.
If I see a VIN shower that fits with MORNING PEACE's arrival I will tag her as a suspect