Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question, counting days as well 🙂

Bought M3 LR from existing stock (car assigned to Helsinki) 21 April, but seems to be still somewhere at sea.

EDD 25 May - 8 Jun.
VIN and also finnish license plate is already assigned.

Just received info from SA, that my M3 from Shanghai will arrive to Hanko, Finland on 1st of June.

if there are others waiting for Finland bound cars, that could be one possibility. 👍

...after Hanko arrival, freight to Helsinki and delivery prep will still take additional 1 to 2 weeks.
Delivery team is apparently quite busy atm.

With GRANDE MIRAFIORI transmitting her AIS position again, we can see that she has arrived at Suez and so we can expect her to pick up a northbound convoy through the canal tomorrow morning. On that basis, I am going to readjust my estimate for her arrival in Southampton to 17 May.
If you haven't yet entered the competition, I would do it now as it will likely close tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile over in Shanghai, MORNING CORNELIA is currently alongside at Shanghai South. I don't have any details for her itinerary at the moment although I suspect she may be off to S America and so not Tesla related.
MORNING LINDA which we know will arrive in Zeebrugge on 5 Jun continues to load at the Haitong Terminal.
TALIA which departed 2 days ago is now confirmed to be heading to Dubai with an ETA of 21 May.

In California, JASPER ARROW departed to Hawaii. Pier 80 was traditionally used for shipments to/from Hawaii and so on that basis I don't think she is on Tesla business. RCC COMPASS however continues to be of interest as she remains alongside Pier 80. RCC AFRICA is still waiting off the coast of Panama for her canal transit slot.
What's the significance around picking up a convoy? Does this mean it'll travel through sooner with a number of other ships

Be nice to move things along 3 days when in the UK

Reactions: tophertronic
Seems like we have the brain trust of the world of Tesla deliveries gathered here, so maybe some of you can help me with my delivery, as it has me really puzzled.

On March 1st I ordered a Model Y RWD in blue, with black interior, pretty standard I would say. It’s a company car, so it’s a lease, which means I can’t see my order, because the car belongs to the leasing company (ALD).
Only way I can get updates, is contacting Tesla in my local town (Aarhus). They are very nice and has answered me nicely all along.
When the order was placed, delivery said 2-4 weeks, but right after changed to “April-June”. That included my car too.
I been reading along here, learning lots about shipping and following ships en route. I ca. also spot a few fellow Danes who has ordered after my order was placed, who has now gotten VIN numbers and presumably soon are booking dates for delivery.
Meanwhile, Tesla claims they still do not have a VIN number for my car and hence has no clue when it may get delivered.

Reading other posts, it seems those with most delivery problems are those who is having it as a company lease.

So, without sounding too much caught up in conspiracy theories, is there something to the rhythm that Tesla puts company lease cars at the bottom of the pile? Perhaps those companies gets some sort of volume discount, hence its not what Tesla wants to deliver with the highest priority. Or does anyone have a clue what is going on?

Reactions: DanishRover
Seems like we have the brain trust of the world of Tesla deliveries gathered here, so maybe some of you can help me with my delivery, as it has me really puzzled.

On March 1st I ordered a Model Y RWD in blue, with black interior, pretty standard I would say. It’s a company car, so it’s a lease, which means I can’t see my order, because the car belongs to the leasing company (ALD).
Only way I can get updates, is contacting Tesla in my local town (Aarhus). They are very nice and has answered me nicely all along.
When the order was placed, delivery said 2-4 weeks, but right after changed to “April-June”. That included my car too.
I been reading along here, learning lots about shipping and following ships en route. I ca. also spot a few fellow Danes who has ordered after my order was placed, who has now gotten VIN numbers and presumably soon are booking dates for delivery.
Meanwhile, Tesla claims they still do not have a VIN number for my car and hence has no clue when it may get delivered.

Reading other posts, it seems those with most delivery problems are those who is having it as a company lease.

So, without sounding too much caught up in conspiracy theories, is there something to the rhythm that Tesla puts company lease cars at the bottom of the pile? Perhaps those companies gets some sort of volume discount, hence its not what Tesla wants to deliver with the highest priority. Or does anyone have a clue what is going on?
I think the problem is the colour. I have the same problem: company car, Blue model Y long range. Waiting since November last year.

Just got a reply from my local Tesla dealer, telling me they haven’t seen any Blue model Y’s being delivered soon. I expect them to be delivered via on of the last ships during this quarter, or even next quarter.

Reactions: navguy12 and ringi
I think the problem is the colour. I have the same problem: company car, Blue model Y long range. Waiting since November last year.

Just got a reply from my local Tesla dealer, telling me they haven’t seen any Blue model Y’s being delivered soon. I expect them to be delivered via on of the last ships during this quarter, or even next quarter.
Yikes, November last year! So much for Tesla and fast delivery.

Usually a good guiding arrow is looking at the local country and “in stock” cars, as they also list “on its way” cars. Here they list blue TMY RWD with the various wheel and seat combos, but no blue Long Range.
Fingers crossed they actually will get those in here this quarter.

Interestingly, if you try to order a TMY blue Long Range, they still say May-June for delivery. That’s just tricking customers if you ask me, for the Cherry red they are at least admitting that will be next quarter.

But thanks for the heads up on the color, it does appear Blue is in short supply (and also apparently only made in China, not Berlin, even for Long Range). If only my son a had a different favorite color :)

Reactions: cheeseboss
Yikes, November last year! So much for Tesla and fast delivery.

Usually a good guiding arrow is looking at the local country and “in stock” cars, as they also list “on its way” cars. Here they list blue TMY RWD with the various wheel and seat combos, but no blue Long Range.
Fingers crossed they actually will get those in here this quarter.

Interestingly, if you try to order a TMY blue Long Range, they still say May-June for delivery. That’s just tricking customers if you ask me, for the Cherry red they are at least admitting that will be next quarter.

But thanks for the heads up on the color, it does appear Blue is in short supply (and also apparently only made in China, not Berlin, even for Long Range). If only my son a had a different favorite color :)
Indeed, I also feel tricked in ordering the blue one. I’ve requested to change the color to Quicksilver because there are 4 LR’s in stock in Belgium. Still waiting their reply, though.

Regarding the plant it is being build in; they’re not painting Blue Model Y’s because they are preparing to paint the new, anticipated Blue colour somewhere this year.

Anyone know what ship might be carrying Tesla's from Zeebrugge to Dublin?
According to a rep in Tesla Dublin, most of the cars with a June EDD have already arrived in Zeebrugge. So that means they would have been on the Grand Champion, and are not on the Grande Mirafiori. I also got a hidden VIN as Grand Champion was going through the Suez, so I always assumed mine was on there. But an EDD of mid to late June seems late, when the cars arrived in Zeebrugge early May.
And since Grand Champion arrived last week, I'm wondering how long it will take and what ship will be bringing them to Dublin.

Reactions: DanishRover
Anyone know what ship might be carrying Tesla's from Zeebrugge to Dublin?
According to a rep in Tesla Dublin, most of the cars with a June EDD have already arrived in Zeebrugge. So that means they would have been on the Grand Champion, and are not on the Grande Mirafiori. I also got a hidden VIN as Grand Champion was going through the Suez, so I always assumed mine was on there. But an EDD of mid to late June seems late, when the cars arrived in Zeebrugge early May.
And since Grand Champion arrived last week, I'm wondering how long it will take and what ship will be bringing them to Dublin.
I also got confirmation from the guy working in Sandyford that my base level M3, ordered a few days before you (15th April,) is currently in Zeebrugge. No VIN for me though, hidden or otherwise. Same EDD of 13-28 June so there's likely to be a few of us with cars parked up there at the moment

SIENE HIGHWAY is the most common ship they used from Zeebrugge to Dublin in the past but keep an eye out for other ships from the owner, KESS, that might be doing it. Also these ships ferry more than just Teslas so don't get too excited if you see one docking at the port

List of other KESS ships

Elbe Highway
Thames Highway
Danube Highway
Ems Highway
Isar Highway
Schelde Highway
Weser Highway
Malacca Highway

Reactions: JasR
I also got confirmation from the guy working in Sandyford that my base level M3, ordered a few days before you (15th April,) is currently in Zeebrugge. No VIN for me though, hidden or otherwise. Same EDD of 13-28 June so there's likely to be a few of us with cars parked up there at the moment

SIENE HIGHWAY is the most common ship they used from Zeebrugge to Dublin in the past but keep an eye out for other ships from the owner, KESS, that might be doing it. Also these ships ferry more than just Teslas so don't get too excited if you see one docking at the port

List of other KESS ships

Elbe Highway
Thames Highway
Danube Highway
Ems Highway
Isar Highway
Schelde Highway
Weser Highway
Malacca Highway
Thanks! I looked at Seine Highway but it's currently on it's way to Spain.

FYI I didn't order in April. I ordered February 2nd :) So been a long time waiting.

Thanks! I looked at Seine Highway but it's currently on it's way to Spain.

FYI I didn't order in April. I ordered February 2nd :) So been a long time waiting.
Apologies, I may have mistaken your post for another one with an order date on it.

If we give it 3 weeks for delivery from Zeebruge and paperwork, my earliest EDD is the 13th of June so it will make that if it departs on 23rd of May. So if you watch out for one of the above ships leaving Zeebrugge around that date you might be on the money

SCHELDE HIGHWAY - Could be bringing Teslas from Zeebrugge to Dublin.​

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 13.30.41.png

Reactions: JasR