Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on the famous (well not really) blue MYSR for Denmark: after much pleading, Tesla Aarhus gave me a VIN, which I could find was on the Høegh Shanghai.
While she is piddling around in the Gibraltar strait, I have started wondering on my car’s journeys from Zeebrugge to Esbjerg in DK. I heard sometimes cars are trucked to DK, but preferably they ship them.
So anyone has a guess on which ship will be used to carry Teslas from Zeebrugge to Esbjerg? I’ve heard some mention Maria Grazia Onorato being used and I can see she has made the trip. Anyone who knows something more concrete?
(I don’t have my EDD, as it is a company lease and hence I don’t see the car in the app and Tesla doesn’t want to tell me the EDD, as they claim it is guesswork anyway).

Just a quick update:
Over in Shanghai GLOVIS SUNLIGHT is most likely heading to a European port. At the moment we don't know which but possible ETAs are Koper 11 Jun, Barcelona 12 Jun, or Zeebrugge 17 Jun.
She has been replaced by VIKING SEA which is heading to Vancouver with an ETA of 3 Jun.

Over in California RCC AFRICA is alongside Pier 80 and preparing to depart to China. This could be a shipment of new MS/MX.
The word on the street is that we should keep an eye on GLOVIS CLIPPER which is currently across the Bay in Benicia as she is likely to load at Pier 80 as soon as RCC AFRICA departs. We shall see...

Over in Canada I am totally at a loss to understand what MORNING CAROLINE is up to. It now looks like she is heading off to S Korea. Did she unload completely in Tacoma?

Just a quick update:
Over in Shanghai GLOVIS SUNLIGHT is most likely heading to a European port. At the moment we don't know which but possible ETAs are Koper 11 Jun, Barcelona 12 Jun, or Zeebrugge 17 Jun.
She has been replaced by VIKING SEA which is heading to Vancouver with an ETA of 3 Jun.

Over in California RCC AFRICA is alongside Pier 80 and preparing to depart to China. This could be a shipment of new MS/MX.
The word on the street is that we should keep an eye on GLOVIS CLIPPER which is currently across the Bay in Benicia as she is likely to load at Pier 80 as soon as RCC AFRICA departs. We shall see...

Over in Canada I am totally at a loss to understand what MORNING CAROLINE is up to. It now looks like she is heading off to S Korea. Did she unload completely in Tacoma?
I saw yesterday that she (Morning Caroline) updated her drought by around -1.5 just before leaving toward Korea. So she definitely unloaded significant weight. (My MY RWD included :) )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520-072546.png
    Screenshot_20230520-072546.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 106
Just a quick update:

OK it seems MORNING CAROLINE did actually unload some cars in Richmond. That's a relief!
Anyway some more on the way shortly on VIKING SEA.

I would wait until you have a VIN and Reg - the likely delivery date should be pretty accurate at that point.
Come back here and let us know when that happens as it may be an indication of another shipment from Shanghai!
hi Mr Miserable

Im new to this forum but really impressed with your intense coverage of Tesla Shipment
I ordered my New Tesla 10th May from existing inventory had an estimated delivery 19th May-6th Jun this has now changed to 22nd jun-30th
I have VIN number from the beginning . Just concerned it will deliver before 1st July because Government grant reduced
What your predictions

hi Mr Miserable

Im new to this forum but really impressed with your intense coverage of Tesla Shipment
I ordered my New Tesla 10th May from existing inventory had an estimated delivery 19th May-6th Jun this has now changed to 22nd jun-30th
I have VIN number from the beginning . Just concerned it will deliver before 1st July because Government grant reduced
What your predictions
Sorry I forgot to mention Dublin Ireland is my location
Tesla did say car was in Belgium I presume zebruggee said issue with revenue Ireland updating VRT figures
will it ship direct to Ireland or via UK

I was informed with certainty that my car will be available for pickup before end jun?
it meant to be in Belgium .not sure will it go via uk or direct
They are trying to avoid massive cancellations reassuring annoyed customers with unrealistic EDD. Last shipment took more that 45 days to reach Dublin port.

My delivery date slipped couple of times, from beginning of May to early June, with latest update sitting around 30th of June.

At least they tried applying for SEAI grant, before it goes down to 3500€ on 1st of July.

Sorry I forgot to mention Dublin Ireland is my location
Tesla did say car was in Belgium I presume zebruggee said issue with revenue Ireland updating VRT figures
will it ship direct to Ireland or via UK
I'm not sure what is going on with Irish shipments and to be honest i would take with a pinch of salt a lot of what the Tesla reps are telling folk too. Cars for Ireland are shipped from Zeebrugge. They are normally shipped to Zeebrugge direct from Shanghai however earlier this year a batch were accidently shipped to Southampton and unloaded there and it took weeks for them to be shipped to Zeebrugge and then on to Dublin. I can't imagine they would do the same mistake again. Not every shipment to Zeebrugge will have an Irish consignment and unfortunately some folk find that hard to believe. The forum here is full of evidence that the Tesla EDD is not terribly reliable and yet some folk, probably the same folk, don't seem to comprehend that Tesla is different from other manufacturers in many ways and the delivery experience and particularly the wait can be immensely frustrating. The first hint of sunshine is a hidden VIN appearing in your Tesla account - this is good evidence that your car is on a ship. The next stage is the official notification of your VIN. You can now be sure your car is on its way and the VIN won't change (hidden VINs can and do change). Tesla will also probably start politely hinting that its time to cough up the readies. At this stage your car is probably a couple of weeks away - so no need to panic about transferring the cash, after all you may have ordered the car several months earlier and it would be pretty unreasonable after months of silence to suddenly demand full payment within 24 hrs. What you can be sure of is that Tesla will want to deliver the car to you by 30 June as this is their quarter end.
So where is your car? Tesla can ping the car to find out but I 'm not sure that function is available to everyone in Tesla and shipping details are also not widely disseminated to Tesla reps. The best info seems to come from the folk who man the Tesla chat facility (I think from Amsterdam) - they seem to have their finger on the pulse and are worth pushing for info like where is my car? (esp if you have a VIN).
If you have a VIN it's worth entering it HERE to see if it's onboard a Hoegh ship. There are a couple of ships belonging to Hoegh on scheduled services which are currently on their way to Zeebrugge from Shanghai that could be carrying your car. You enter your VIN and it will tell you which ship your car is on and where and when it will be unloaded, if you are lucky. If you are not lucky it just means your car is not onboard a Hoegh ship. Follow this thread and every other day or so I will post a summary of all the possible ships and their likely destinations. You can follow the ships on this map.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
They are trying to avoid massive cancellations reassuring annoyed customers with unrealistic EDD. Last shipment took more that 45 days to reach Dublin port.

My delivery date slipped couple of times, from beginning of May to early June, with latest update sitting around 30th of June.

At least they tried applying for SEAI grant, before it goes down to 3500€ on 1st of July.
so the fact they applied for the grant before 1st July does that mean we can register car for a 232 plate