Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20 May 23 Summary

DON PASQUALE
ETA Barcelona 23 May and Southampton 28 May

HOEGH SHANGHAI is on a scheduled service and will now arrive in Zeebrugge late on 23 May/early 24 May.

TALIA ETA Dubai (Jebel Ali) 21 May

MORNING LINDA ETA Zeebrugge 5 Jun Still not confirmed to be carrying any Teslas.

RCC COMPASS ETA Taipei 23 May. Now enroute from Pier 80. Almost certainly a Tesla shipment.

SUNBELT SPIRIT Possibly heading for Southampton with an ETA of around 9 Jun

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge on 16 Jun. (Routing via stops in Turkey & Italy)

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT heading to Europe.. Could be Koper 11 Jun, Barcelona 12 Jun or Zeebrugge around 17 Jun.

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 5 Jun

RCC AFRICA dep Pier 80 to Tianjin ETA 3 Jun

GLOVIS CLIPPER expected to load at Pier 80 imminently.

HOEGH SEOUL departed Baltimore 16 May but nobody has yet reported any MS or MX onboard and so it seems unlikely to be carrying any.

We are now approaching the cut-off date for shipments to arrive in NW Europe (Southampton and Zeebrugge) from Shanghai and be delivered by the end of the quarter. There is still time for shipments to depart to Barcelona or Koper.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

so the fact they applied for the grant before 1st July does that mean we can register car for a 232 plate
Approved SEAI grant is valid for 4 months, and you have to tax the car within that timeframe to take the advantage of it.
It's probably going to be 231 plate, as they will do their best to close deliveries before end of June, assuming cars reach Dublin on time.

Have you received email from Tesla asking you to sign the grant application form ?

Danish update: The EDD of my MY RWD keeps getting pushed. It now says 20 may - 27 may, so it it pushed a day, per day.
My date of order was 13th of marts, wonder why Tesla Greve gets their cars before Tesla Aarhus, when they both come from Esbjerg.
Maybe less staff in Aarhus or maybe more orders, they are probably busy.

I have not transferred any money yet to Tesla, since the lady I talked to at Tesla Aarhus told me to wait for an email confirmation with a receipt and the final amount. When I look at my Tesla account, it says, that I should pay immediately. Rather confusing.

Last week, thursday, I decided to make the transfer, but realised that a normal danish bank transfer would not be carried out before next banking day, which would have been monday. Luckily, even thought the danish banks had thursday and friday off, their 24h hotline was able to help me with a "straks-overførsel" (an immediate transfer). They called me back and told med that Teslas account was not set up to receive immediate transfers.
They had never seen that before on a danish bank account. I guess it all have to wait then.

Reactions: DanishRover
Update on the famous (well not really) blue MYSR for Denmark: after much pleading, Tesla Aarhus gave me a VIN, which I could find was on the Høegh Shanghai.
While she is piddling around in the Gibraltar strait, I have started wondering on my car’s journeys from Zeebrugge to Esbjerg in DK. I heard sometimes cars are trucked to DK, but preferably they ship them.
So anyone has a guess on which ship will be used to carry Teslas from Zeebrugge to Esbjerg? I’ve heard some mention Maria Grazia Onorato being used and I can see she has made the trip. Anyone who knows something more concrete?
(I don’t have my EDD, as it is a company lease and hence I don’t see the car in the app and Tesla doesn’t want to tell me the EDD, as they claim it is guesswork anyway).
I think it could one of many car carriers going from zeebrugge to Esbjerg as part of a longer trip. Best advice is to keep an eye out on the departure and arrivals list of both harbours. Esbjerg does not get that many car carries as zeebrugge, so its easier to spot there.

Reactions: DanishRover
Approved SEAI grant is valid for 4 months, and you have to tax the car within that timeframe to take the advantage of it.
It's probably going to be 231 plate, as they will do their best to close deliveries before end of June, assuming cars reach Dublin on time.

Have you received email from Tesla asking you to sign the grant application form ?
yes I have a few day ago

Danish update: The EDD of my MY RWD keeps getting pushed. It now says 20 may - 27 may, so it it pushed a day, per day.
My date of order was 13th of marts, wonder why Tesla Greve gets their cars before Tesla Aarhus, when they both come from Esbjerg.

I have not transferred any money yet to Tesla, since the lady I talked to at Tesla Aarhus told me to wait for an email confirmation with a receipt and the final amount. When I look at my Tesla account, it says, that I should pay immediately. Rather confusing.

Last week, thursday, I decided to make the transfer, but realised that a normal danish bank transfer would not be carried out before next banking day, which would have been monday. Luckily, even thought the danish banks had thursday and friday off, their 24h hotline was able to help me with a "straks-overførsel" (an immediate transfer). They called me back and told med that Teslas account was not set up to receive immediate transfers.
They had never seen that before on a danish bank account. I guess it all have to wait then.
I had the same issue with "straksoverførsel" to Teslas bank. It is in Holland and that is why it is not possible. I had to pay no later than friday at 15.00 in order to get our car monday which was not possible as I wrote them because of bank holiday. :) They will check monday morning and finish the order if everything is alright and we will get our car as planned.

Don't know if Tesla Greve is bigger or more busy than Aarhus or the other way around. Would image there are more customers "på Djævleøen". :)

HOEGH SEOUL departed Baltimore 16 May but nobody has yet reported any MS or MX onboard and so it seems unlikely to be carrying any.
Got hidden VIN for MS LR Ultra Red on 17 May and EDD July 6 - 20 in Finland, I expected the car being on board Hoegh Seoul but the my cargo search still does not show anything with the VIN. The timing could have matched the Hoegh Seoul but perhaps the vehicle is already somewhere in Europe.

Same issue here, just pushed another day again, now 21-28, Yesterday 20-27. Tesla Greve confirmed Yesterday that the car is in Esbjerg now! No idea Way it takts so Long to transfer from Esbjerg to Greve. DK is not a very big country 🤷🏼‍♀️

I spoke with Tesla Dublin today. The nice lady said that my car RN1183471.. "will come" this Friday. She also said she doesn't know which vessel it is on (which I don't believe) but the invoice will be ready for me in 48 hours she said so I think they will issue it straight after the car is delivered.
In my opinion I will have MYLR (white/black) ready for collection in the app range (19.05 - 03.06).
That lady knew nothing probably as she gave me wrong info. I spoke to Dublin CS 3 times today and they confirmed that my car is on a ship now. My VIN becomed hidden (still the same so they had to know that my car was still in China or it is in other country for some reason) and my EDD is moved to last week of June. Tesla will never say the truth to us!! From my perspective, after many weeks watching this website and comparing info from here with info from Tesla, I am sure that they know everything about each car ordered but they do not want to public much info for some reason (and one reason is to avoid massive cancellations if the customer would know realistic EDD).
Of course, the final invoice wasn't issued!
Booking Tesla car I expected the top service but day after day Tesla in my eyes look likes local garage :)
There should be some Tesla unit where we can complain.

Anyone have information how are cars transported from Zeebrugge to Finland (port is most likely Hanko, Finland)?

My car (MS LR) arrived to Zeebrugge on 21st of April (VIN confirmed on HOEGH Copenhagen).
I still have estimated delivery schedule 17th - 31st of May. My Tesla SA is telling it might be close to the end of May actually.

It seems to take ages to get cars from Belgium to Finland. So frustrating and can't wait... 😄
Thanks!
My car arrived to Zeebrugge 21st of April. Delivery schedule is now 27th of May - 10th of June and my SA is saying it will be in June. That will be about 5-6 weeks to deliver a car from Zeebrugge to Hanko and there to Helsinki for an actual delivery about 1-2 weeks / in total about 7 weeks. There are boats on this route at least twice a week so I guess this is about priorities and money but this seems to be quite a strange strategy to hold on to cars this long. Any ideas?

806 days and counting from order...

I'm not sure what is going on with Irish shipments and to be honest i would take with a pinch of salt a lot of what the Tesla reps are telling folk too. Cars for Ireland are shipped from Zeebrugge. They are normally shipped to Zeebrugge direct from Shanghai however earlier this year a batch were accidently shipped to Southampton and unloaded there and it took weeks for them to be shipped to Zeebrugge and then on to Dublin. I can't imagine they would do the same mistake again. Not every shipment to Zeebrugge will have an Irish consignment and unfortunately some folk find that hard to believe. The forum here is full of evidence that the Tesla EDD is not terribly reliable and yet some folk, probably the same folk, don't seem to comprehend that Tesla is different from other manufacturers in many ways and the delivery experience and particularly the wait can be immensely frustrating. The first hint of sunshine is a hidden VIN appearing in your Tesla account - this is good evidence that your car is on a ship. The next stage is the official notification of your VIN. You can now be sure your car is on its way and the VIN won't change (hidden VINs can and do change). Tesla will also probably start politely hinting that its time to cough up the readies. At this stage your car is probably a couple of weeks away - so no need to panic about transferring the cash, after all you may have ordered the car several months earlier and it would be pretty unreasonable after months of silence to suddenly demand full payment within 24 hrs. What you can be sure of is that Tesla will want to deliver the car to you by 30 June as this is their quarter end.
So where is your car? Tesla can ping the car to find out but I 'm not sure that function is available to everyone in Tesla and shipping details are also not widely disseminated to Tesla reps. The best info seems to come from the folk who man the Tesla chat facility (I think from Amsterdam) - they seem to have their finger on the pulse and are worth pushing for info like where is my car? (esp if you have a VIN).
If you have a VIN it's worth entering it HERE to see if it's onboard a Hoegh ship. There are a couple of ships belonging to Hoegh on scheduled services which are currently on their way to Zeebrugge from Shanghai that could be carrying your car. You enter your VIN and it will tell you which ship your car is on and where and when it will be unloaded, if you are lucky. If you are not lucky it just means your car is not onboard a Hoegh ship. Follow this thread and every other day or so I will post a summary of all the possible ships and their likely destinations. You can follow the ships on this map.

Regarding payment and delivery, I received my VIN already shortly after ordering (8th of May). Called Tesla to inquire about delivery and the procedure to be followed and they told me my company car (MY black/black) was still on a ship somewhere. I just had to enter insurance details and wait for official paperwork to be sent to my employer (employer is buying the car on credit and will handle the insurance).
Since it's being purchased on credit by my employer, my employer doesn't want to use the credit line to pay the car in full yet unless we're absolutely sure about when the car will be delivered, otherwise we will have to start making interest payments for a car we don't yet have...
However, I received messages from Tesla already (in App and in my online account) to pay the full amount for the car, but no exact delivery date is given. It only shows the estimated delivery for 22nd of May - 30th of May.
If we don't pay until they give us the exact delivery date, will this cause issues?

Tesla service center is not picking up the phone anymore...

That lady knew nothing probably as she gave me wrong info. I spoke to Dublin CS 3 times today and they confirmed that my car is on a ship now. My VIN becomed hidden (still the same so they had to know that my car was still in China or it is in other country for some reason) and my EDD is moved to last week of June. Tesla will never say the truth to us!! From my perspective, after many weeks watching this website and comparing info from here with info from Tesla, I am sure that they know everything about each car ordered but they do not want to public much info for some reason (and one reason is to avoid massive cancellations if the customer would know realistic EDD).
Of course, the final invoice wasn't issued!
Booking Tesla car I expected the top service but day after day Tesla in my eyes look likes local garage :)
There should be some Tesla unit where we can complain.
Curious to know had your est delivery been pushed out to 22-30 jun or is it still showing 19may-2nd jun?

That is indeed very cool! 😄
Weirdly enough it went up to Bergen, then down to Husnes. Wondering what the next port will be.

So considering it went back down south again before leaving the country I'm guessing this wasn't the right ship. I'm guessing the one going to Ålesund either arrived this weekend, or will arrive in the next coming days. My delivery is set to Friday, and they'll probably need at least a couple of days to prepare it for delivery?