Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You think? The Tesla Rep said: "We cannot advise on a specific date as the shipments have not yet been scheduled"

So I thought no cars were on their way to the UK. What makes you think that ship is to the UK and has Model 3s?
If you have ordered a Model 3 I think the info from Tesla will be correct, they are not in production in China yet. it is highly likely that Crystal Ray is on its way to the UK but it will be full of Model Y's. Myself and some others have EDD's and were temporarily assigned VIN's (until they were removed for the Q2 close) which coincided with Crystal Ray loading and sailing so it does seem likely that it is coming to the UK.

The issue you have is that they stopped manufacturing Model 3's in China some time ago in order to prepare for the new model, there have been no reports or even spy shots of any production facelift model 3's rolling off the line in China yet, this will need to happen before there is any point tracking a UK bound vessel and getting hopeful of delivery.

China is currently the only factory producing RHD models and will also be the first to produce the facelift Model 3 so you will be lucky as yours will be one of the new models but it also means there will be a wait until they are ready, that date is very much up in the air at the moment.

MORNING MARGARETA is currently lined up to approach into Shanghai South. As I mentioned yesterday, she will arrive in Vancouver on 15 Jul before heading down to Tacoma on 18 Jul.
GRAND SAPPHIRE will arrive in Tacoma on 22 Jul before heading up to Vancouver on 25 Jul.
MORNING MARGARETA appears to be docked in Shanghai, and she appears to be moored at the pier that's next to the Tesla factory. I recognized the pier from the drone footage that's been posted on YouTube, lol.

I'm waiting to hear back from my SA whether they can assign my order to a vehicle that's coming in from China soon. Assuming that they're able to do so, is there a way to tell which ship it's going to be on? Since there are two ships that will depart Shanghai within days of each other.
Probably not.
These ships have tight schedules, right? How long can they afford to sit and wait (to see if the port workers union reaches a deal) before they would have to go to a backup plan, like say, unloading in Tacoma and send the vehicles to Canada by truck?

If you have ordered a Model 3 I think the info from Tesla will be correct, they are not in production in China yet. it is highly likely that Crystal Ray is on its way to the UK but it will be full of Model Y's. Myself and some others have EDD's and were temporarily assigned VIN's (until they were removed for the Q2 close) which coincided with Crystal Ray loading and sailing so it does seem likely that it is coming to the UK.

The issue you have is that they stopped manufacturing Model 3's in China some time ago in order to prepare for the new model, there have been no reports or even spy shots of any production facelift model 3's rolling off the line in China yet, this will need to happen before there is any point tracking a UK bound vessel and getting hopeful of delivery.

China is currently the only factory producing RHD models and will also be the first to produce the facelift Model 3 so you will be lucky as yours will be one of the new models but it also means there will be a wait until they are ready, that date is very much up in the air at the moment.
The Crystal Ray is on its way to Barcelona, its arrival is confirmed for July 10. Regarding the cars it transports, you can see them in the video that Wu Wa recorded with his drone on June 15. The Crystal Ray left Shanghai on June 17 and then the Viking Sea passed through the port to load the rest of the cars and they are on their way to Canada.

I thought I saw that all the cars had LHD, but I'll leave you the video here so you can look for RHD cars.

Greetings.

Not sure if lucky if it means I will be waiting another 8 or more weeks for my car 😲 Probably more than 8 weeks if that's the case, since they are not even doing the new Model 3 yet or announced it?!

For those waiting in the UK for Model 3, I suspect you may have a long wait since the refreshed Model 3 will be produced for LHD markets first.
I have no idea how long we will have to wait for a RHD version and I would guess Tesla UK have no idea either.
If I were to hazard a guess, I certainly would not expect anything in Q3 and possibly even Q4 .
There is also the, previously thought absurd, idea that Tesla may only produce LHD. This is Tesla and so don't rule out absurd ideas.

is there a way to tell which ship it's going to be on?
No
These ships have tight schedules, right? How long can they afford to sit and wait (to see if the port workers union reaches a deal) before they would have to go to a backup plan, like say, unloading in Tacoma and send the vehicles to Canada by truck?
Folk in logistics hate the term flexibility - it smacks of poor planning and is used more often as an excuse rather than a virtue.
The good news is that VIKING SEA doesn't have many cars onboard and so the problem is not as big as it could be.
Nevertheless I think she will join the queue and sit it out.

You would probably want to wait for the new refreshed Model 3 which should arrive in August.
Even if I ordered the old one?
I would like to have the car within july. During the order phase the advisor told me that maybe I had the car within june, now july -august. Do you have eventually any news about shipment of model3? Only model y actually in travelling? Thank you very much for all the info sharing.

I would like to have the car within july. During the order phase the advisor told me that maybe I had the car within june, now july -august. Do you have eventually any news about shipment of model3? Only model y actually in travelling? Thank you very much for all the info sharing.
The refreshed Model 3 is a secret - nobody knows about it. Only you and me, and a couple of hundred thousand other people know about this.
Everybody who has ordered a Model 3 has ordered an old one. the existing version.
If you were going to receive an existing model 3 you would have had a VIN allocated by now.
Search this forum on how to search for a hidden VIN on your account.
Enjoy the wait!

I think advisors don't really know much and they will say whatever they please. I was told by the advisor that I might be getting my Model X end of June... or sometime in July... and I actually don't even have an estimated date yet.

My delivery date acording to my account is "to be defined" and I don't even think my car has even been built yet. I don't know if there's any ship comming to Europe with MXs from the USA, but reading this thread is quite a good indication that there aren't any.

For those waiting in the UK for Model 3, I suspect you may have a long wait since the refreshed Model 3 will be produced for LHD markets first.
I have no idea how long we will have to wait for a RHD version and I would guess Tesla UK have no idea either.
If I were to hazard a guess, I certainly would not expect anything in Q3 and possibly even Q4 .
There is also the, previously thought absurd, idea that Tesla may only produce LHD. This is Tesla and so don't rule out absurd ideas.
I really hope that with the new redesign and all the internal changes of the M3 to make it easier to assemble, they somehow manage to make RHD and LHD at the same time.

It would be very bad that they allow people to order M3 in the UK and say delivery in July-August, and then the delivery taking place towards the end of the year or even 2024.