Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never thought I’d ever be so interested in ship tracking, other peoples VIN’s and EDD’s. Thank you for the experience Tesla 😂
Well my first Tesla came from Berlin. The day it had been produced I got a VIN, day afterwards I got a delivery date (for 1 week later). My second Tesla comes from China and I share your thoughts..

Reactions: MarkBT20
Tesla who? Your own SeC or did you call Tilburg? They don't tell me anything, only that I have an expected VIN and delivery should take this month.

I see a lot of forummers (at Tweakers) who already got a delivery date for next week.

This was the local store, I don't know which boat to link this information to, but they we're quite sure about this. This is actually a M3 RWD.

There is nothing in the VIN that shows manufacturing date - it shows the model year but that is it. Production of the 23 model year may have started then.
There are websites that can give you an indication of when your car left the factory gate.
Try this one and let us know the answer: Tesla factory build date
Called tesla, they confirmed the car was built November 2022 and came to UK December 2022.

They said car has no milleage and I will be the first owner.

I don't why why they are giving me a car that has been in the UK for 7 months? Seems like it can be a show room car?

Everything I see worries me a little.

For my part, I ordered a MY LR white on March 16 (leased company car) in Luxembourg.

EDD history: 23/03... then 01/06... then 30/06 and now 20/07.

Rumors say that Benelux deliveries are handled by Tesla NL but that Tesla NL systematically redirects its Lux cars "elsewhere". Dozens of Tesla orders (M3, MY) have been awaiting delivery for 3 to 4 months in Luxembourg.

I really hope Crystal Ray or Hoegh Trident has my car. It's a lease, I don't have a VIN. How do I know if an order is coming from Berlin or China?

For my part, I ordered a MY LR white on March 16 (leased company car) in Luxembourg.

Rumors say that Benelux deliveries are handled by Tesla NL but that Tesla NL systematically redirects its Lux cars "elsewhere". Dozens of Tesla orders (M3, MY) have been awaiting delivery for 3 to 4 months in Luxembourg.

I really hope Crystal Ray or Hoegh Trident has my car. It's a lease, I don't have a VIN. How do I know if an order is coming from Berlin or China?
The only way to know is through the VIN, looking at the first three letters. LRW China, XP7 Germany

Maybe she was getting sloshed around by the wind/waves, lol
A ship at anchor will pivot around a point depending on the influence of wind and tide. A ships log may record a speed through the water of several knots because a tidal flow although the speed over ground will be nil.

SUMMARY 06 Jul 23

VIKING SEA
continues at anchor south of Vancouver Island and will wait for the strike to conclude.

CRYSTAL RAY She is bound for Barcelona ETA 9 Jul (deemed unlikely to head to Southampton afterwards.) 4000 MY and 700 M3.

MORNING MARGARETA is on her way to New Westminster ETA 15/16 Jul.

HOEGH TRIDENT arrives Zeebrugge 23 Jul with confirmed MY onboard.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI I suspect she is bound for Southampton ETA probably around 4 Aug.

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan ETA 17 Jul.

You can follow the ships on this map where the ships positions are updated regularly via satellite.

MYLR should be coming from Berlin for you. Lease company orders are dealt with by Tesla Enterprise (which I thought was in Amsterdam).

Called tesla, they confirmed the car was built November 2022 and came to UK December 2022.

They said car has no milleage and I will be the first owner.

I don't why why they are giving me a car that has been in the UK for 7 months? Seems like it can be a show room car?
I can't find any details for your car which is slightly unusual.
There was a batch of cars destined for Ireland that were loaded on to a Southampton bound ship instead of a Zeebrugge ship in error around this time. They sat around Southampton docks for a while with a plan to ship them to Zeebrugge and then on to Dublin. I wasn't able to track them but I wonder whether this car is one of that batch.....

I can't find any details for your car which is slightly unusual.
There was a batch of cars destined for Ireland that were loaded on to a Southampton bound ship instead of a Zeebrugge ship in error around this time. They sat around Southampton docks for a while with a plan to ship them to Zeebrugge and then on to Dublin. I wasn't able to track them but I wonder whether this car is one of that batch.....
That would make sense! Because a Tesla rep said "Some cars are sitting in the port and others are already in transit to Birmingham". So maybe that was it?

Slightly worried that my car has been sitting there for months, but should be fine, right?