Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update...

TITUS Southampton 18 Jan & Zeebrugge 20 Jan. Sailing through the South Atlantic Ocean and leaving the Cape of Good Hope behind.

HOEGH TRAPPER, Zeebrugge 9 Jan. Confirmed transporting Teslas. Dutch, German and French buyers among others have received their VIN from this ship. If you have a VIN assigned and want to check if your car is being transported by this ship, look it up through this link...

Cargo Tracking | RoRo tracking | Höegh Autoliners

It is currently sailing through the Mediterranean Sea towards its next destination, Zeebrugge.

GLOVIS SUMMIT, another ship sailing through the Indian Ocean towards the Cape of Good Hope. Its final destination is Barcelona, where it will arrive on January 19. This ship is expected to unload up to 5000 Teslas in Barcelona.

BELUGA ACE, Melbourne Jan 9. First Q1 ship with M3H Teslas for the Australian market.

FIRMAMENT ACE, it seems that it confirms as another Tesla ship with M3H for the Australian market and that it will arrive at the end of January. It has a previous stop in Japan, where it is currently.

HOEGH DETROIT, Zeebrugge 22 Jan. Sailing through the Indian Ocean towards the Cape of Good Hope. At the moment, there is no confirmation that it transports Teslas and I don't have much hope either, however, if someone who is waiting for a car in a country in northern Europe and has a VIN, they can check if their car is on said ship through the following link ...

If any search is successful, please report it.

HOEGH JEDDAH, Zeebrugge Feb 6. Same situation as HOEGH DETROIT. It departed Taicang port on December 10. It is currently finishing refueling in Singapore and like the rest of the ships, it will take the route that passes through the Cape of Good Hope.

Regarding information about ships heading to the United Arab Emirates, I only have one located for which I have a schedule. This is the ARABIAN SEA, which will arrive in Shanghai on January 11 and is destined for the port of Jebel Ali, Dubai, on January 29. At the moment we don't know if it will charge Teslas.

Finally, at this time, I do not have any ship located to Israel.

I’m financing mine through Tesla PCP with Finance Ireland. I’ve completed everything that Finance Ireland have asked me for. Tesla has told me that closer to the delivery date they will request the down-payment, as soon as this is cleared on their end they will register my car and Finance Ireland will send the e-document to me to sign.
Did you happen to get an email from Finance Ireland to say it was approved? I got one back in November and was never asked for any kind of documentation.

Did you happen to get an email from Finance Ireland to say it was approved? I got one back in November and was never asked for any kind of documentation.
I got an email that said congratulations on your approval to recommend a company to trade in a car with. The only documentation I gave them was proof of address and ID and that was through a portal they emailed me a link to.

I haven't heard anything since and other than the email trying to get me to use their recommended trade in, they never sent me official confirmation of approval.

I did find a way back in to the portal where I can see I am approved and it says to await them to contact me.

I got an email that said it was approved and they were recommending a company to trade in a car with. The only documentation I gave them was proof of address and ID and that was through a portal they emailed me a link to.

I haven't heard anything since and other than the email trying to get me to use their recommended trade in they never sent me official confirmation of approval.

I did find a way back in to the portal where I can see I am approved and it says to await them to contact me.
Same as me so. I’ve just seen people say they have gotten requests for payslips etc the day before collecting so just be prepared, I emailed them today anyway to see if that email was confirmed approval or what so Ill report back.

Reactions: Brian O
NEC is the nation exhibition centre. Near Birmingham airport. It's a huge Tesla collection point. I'd rather it end up at my local Tesla center which is a 10 min walk away.
I'm in a similar boat, Collection is likely to be NEC Birmingham, which is about 2.5 hours drives, but would be easier for me to collect from Nottingham, which is about an hour's drive. That said, the canopy outside Nottingham Tesla is always full and the cars don't look particularly well look after (plus they're renovating the show room)

An update...

TITUS Southampton 18 Jan & Zeebrugge 20 Jan. Sailing through the South Atlantic Ocean and leaving the Cape of Good Hope behind.

HOEGH TRAPPER, Zeebrugge 9 Jan. Confirmed transporting Teslas. Dutch, German and French buyers among others have received their VIN from this ship. If you have a VIN assigned and want to check if your car is being transported by this ship, look it up through this link...

It is currently sailing through the Mediterranean Sea towards its next destination, Zeebrugge.

GLOVIS SUMMIT, another ship sailing through the Indian Ocean towards the Cape of Good Hope. Its final destination is Barcelona, where it will arrive on January 19. This ship is expected to unload up to 5000 Teslas in Barcelona.

BELUGA ACE, Melbourne Jan 9. First Q1 ship with M3H Teslas for the Australian market.

FIRMAMENT ACE, it seems that it confirms as another Tesla ship with M3H for the Australian market and that it will arrive at the end of January. It has a previous stop in Japan, where it is currently.

HOEGH DETROIT, Zeebrugge 22 Jan. Sailing through the Indian Ocean towards the Cape of Good Hope. At the moment, there is no confirmation that it transports Teslas and I don't have much hope either, however, if someone who is waiting for a car in a country in northern Europe and has a VIN, they can check if their car is on said ship through the following link ...

If any search is successful, please report it.

HOEGH JEDDAH, Zeebrugge Feb 6. Same situation as HOEGH DETROIT. It departed Taicang port on December 10. It is currently finishing refueling in Singapore and like the rest of the ships, it will take the route that passes through the Cape of Good Hope.

Regarding information about ships heading to the United Arab Emirates, I only have one located for which I have a schedule. This is the ARABIAN SEA, which will arrive in Shanghai on January 11 and is destined for the port of Jebel Ali, Dubai, on January 29. At the moment we don't know if it will charge Teslas.

Finally, at this time, I do not have any ship located to Israel.
RE: Titus
Wallenius Wilhelmsen are now reporting arrival to Southampton on 17th Jan again, with Departure on 19th. Marine Traffic also has an updated ETA for Southampton, changing from 18th back to 17th, so possibly she has made up some time along the way.

Slightly less fortunate news is that the schedule now shows that Titus will be at Southampton for 2 days, delaying arrival to Zeebrugge, with ETA now expected as 21st Jan rather than 20th.

An update to Marine Traffic this morning shows she is currently just passing the northern border of Namibia.

Attachments

• WW_Schedule.png
    WW_Schedule.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Namibia_Location.png
    Namibia_Location.png
    413 KB · Views: 21
I don't think TITUS is carrying any Teslas for Zeebrugge anyway.
I found Volvos VINs for Zeebrugge on the TITUS. These are probably cars loaded at Haitong terminal after he loaded Teslas at Nangang.

There were only RHD Tesla when TITUS was loading anyway

Yes but as i said before, TITUS has more 300 Volvo cars to unload at Zeebrugge and they are only RHD onboard
I dont know how Irish market is served, if usually they are taking cars from Zeebrugge to Ireland, okay they will probably unload Teslas at Zeebrugge too

I believe most in Ireland have the same Estimated window as those in the UK - 21st Jan - 5th Feb (or thereabouts)

Just FYI, I found the reference point - first post in this thread:
All Model 3s for Europe are currently made in the Shanghai Gigafactory and are shipped to Zeebrugge in Belgium, Koper in Slovenia or Barcelona in Spain through the Suez Canal in a journey taking about 30 days. All Model 3s and Y's for the UK are currently shipped from Shanghai direct to Southampton.
If you are in Ireland your car is shipped to Dublin via Zeebrugge.
Of course, some of this info has changed with the Suez Canal out, and the Cape of Good Hope now being the route, but the relevant info is the same :)

Reactions: Brian O and Nikow
I believe most in Ireland have the same Estimated window as those in the UK - 21st Jan - 5th Feb (or thereabouts)

Just FYI, I found the reference point - first post in this thread:

Of course, some of this info has changed with the Suez Canal out, and the Cape of Good Hope now being the route, but the relevant info is the same :)
I’m in Ireland and my estimated DD is 18th Jan - Feb 2nd. When I rang Tesla they said mid Feb for delivery so I’ve no idea when I’ll actually get it.

I’m in Ireland and my estimated DD is 18th Jan - Feb 2nd. When I rang Tesla they said mid Feb for delivery so I’ve no idea when I’ll actually get it.
I wouldn't take anything Tesla says as gospel tbh. Whenever I have spoken to them, they have had no more of a clue what's going on than I do 🙃. When I first ordered the car, Tesla assigned me to a "Delivery Advisor" in Belfast - I am in Lincolnshire, he ended up calling me, then being as confused as me why I was assigned to Belfast, and reassigning me to Birmingham.

I guess the best thing you can do is plan for the worst and hope for the best :)

Reactions: Brian O