Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a text earlier to say home delivery (West Yorkshire) on 5th February. Earliest collection they can do is 2nd from Manchester.

If TITUS is docking early on 17th January it sounds a long time until 2nd (they say it would arrive on 1st).

Anyone else getting similar or even earlier dates for Manchester? Some who are much closer to Southampton seem to be getting much earlier dates.

It's a lot of car transporters to do it quicker unless allow customers to collect from dockside. Also staff time checking/washing cars etc.
I'd rather they didn't wash it tbh, one bucket for all of the cars back in 2021 - hopefully they have detailers rather than a man with a bucket of water putting swirls in the paint...

But the point around transporters is true - the cars have to get from Southampton to all of the sites is no small undertaking, especially with making sure the correct VINs go to the correct collection hub on the correct day!

All of my collection arranged in app, force quit the app and appt now shows on Home Screen. M3H LR, UK, Ordered Mid Nov, Hire Purchase with Black Horse. Collection from NEC.

Reactions: Jimmyj07
I spoke to "my delivery advisor" at Tesla. I can change to a collection but it would be the same day, so I'm sticking with delivery to my address. They said the car is getting to the NEC on the 24th so collection can't be until the 25th, which is when I'm getting it delivered. Seems odd they dont drop it at the Tesla dealership 10 mins from my house. Anyway 8 days from ship docking, to my house via the NEC...that's pretty impressive

I spoke to "my delivery advisor" at Tesla. I can change to a collection but it would be the same day, so I'm sticking with delivery to my address. They said the car is getting to the NEC on the 24th so collection can't be until the 25th, which is when I'm getting it delivered. Seems odd they dont drop it at the Tesla dealership 10 mins from my house. Anyway 8 days from ship docking, to my house via the NEC...that's pretty impressive
How do you find your delivery advisor?
I just tried ringing my leasing company tusker and they have no information on delivery date
App just shows delivery appointment scheduled but doesn’t tell me when!! No text received

Well, there is no ship that has such ETA in Europe... So the only clue would be my assumption that GLOVIS SUMMIT will travel to Koper after Barcelona. Since it's supposed to arrive in Barcelona on the 20th of January, then with potentially 3-3,5k cars to be unloaded, it may depart Barcelona on the 21-22nd of January. It will take another 5 days to reach Koper so around 27th.

There is no other ship possible to arrive there by that time. Unless the rep you talked to meant GLOVIS SOLOMON, but that would be possible only if it would travel through Suez Canal, which is very unlikely and you have to add another 14 days then if it travels around Africa.
After doing an exhaustive search, I found a ship that would arrive in Koper at the end of January. This is the ASIAN TRUST. This ship loaded in the North Port of Shanghai for 12 hours and left for Europe on December 6. This ship stopped in Singapore to refuel and then headed to the Spanish port in the Canary Islands via the Cape of Good Hope. It is now sailing towards Port Said in Egypt where it will arrive on January 15. According to its schedule, it would arrive in Koper on January 27.

Conclusion, the route that this ship has taken is not at all common for the transport of Teslas, but you never know, it could carry a partial load. Call your TA and ask him for the name of the ship that transports your car or where it is right now, if he tells you that it is on the high seas, this ship could be a candidate, although I would be more inclined to go for the GLOVIS SUMMIT, which is confirmed that will unload 5000 cars in Barcelona through a contact I have at the port.

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_214921.jpg
    IMG_20240108_214921.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 59
Hi thanks for your effort!

Im from dubai and i haven't received my VIN yet even tho they told me ill receive it late January or early February so im not sure if its in TRANS LEADER

Order date was 24th december 2023.
My pleasure 👍

So, if you still don't have a VIN, you have to wait for it to be assigned to you and then search for the ship. The next ship to arrive in Shanghai to load cars and take them to Dubai will be the ARABIAN SEA on January 11, arriving in Jebel Ali on January 29. Due to the delivery dates that have been mentioned to you, this boat could be a good candidate. Let's wait for it to leave Shanghai and see if you receive your VIN.

It's the Tesla model, have delivery hubs around the UK with fairly easy access and plenty of space... If it anything like Nottingham the dealership could handle one or 2 collections but couldn't store the quantities needed to be a collection hub.

Last edited:
Reactions: ringi
After doing an exhaustive search, I found a ship that would arrive in Koper at the end of January. This is the ASIAN TRUST. This ship loaded in the North Port of Shanghai for 12 hours and left for Europe on December 6. This ship stopped in Singapore to refuel and then headed to the Spanish port in the Canary Islands via the Cape of Good Hope. It is now sailing towards Port Said in Egypt where it will arrive on January 15. According to its schedule, it would arrive in Koper on January 27.

Conclusion, the route that this ship has taken is not at all common for the transport of Teslas, but you never know, it could carry a partial load. Call your TA and ask him for the name of the ship that transports your car or where it is right now, if he tells you that it is on the high seas, this ship could be a candidate, although I would be more inclined to go for the GLOVIS SUMMIT, which is confirmed that will unload 5000 cars in Barcelona through a contact I have at the port.
Great find! A real candidate. Basically like TM_poland calculated for Glovis Summit - both ships could be in Koper on January 27.