Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 upgrade to a bigger rear screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone interested. I have two brand new ones sealed if anyone is up for a diy and save some money. It’s pretty straight forward plug and play. I can do 500 each shipped anywhere in US.

Attachments

• IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
For anyone interested. I have two brand new ones sealed if anyone is up for a diy and save some money. It’s pretty straight forward plug and play. I can do 500 each shipped anywhere in US.
I'm interested. I will PM/DM you if I can figure out how to do that with this new forum software.... Haven't PM/DMed anyone here in years and the UI has changed.

Reactions: hchu0304
I posted the Facebook link where I shared my install a couple months ago. I soruced the new display from a seller on eBay whom had 20 units at $195.00 each.

The install was simple using removal and replacement instruction from the service manual. Took about 30 minutes going slowly as not scratch any trim.

I didn’t have to redeploy firmware but I did need to do the two button reboot.

All in all a very nice upgrade for under $200. Others in the Facebook group were able to make a best offer to the seller and get the displays for $175.00.

Reactions: Melteye
Kim Java on YT reported that S/X can be upgraded to new bigger rear screen for $600 which wouldn’t be outrageous imo. Anyone else who can verify this?
you will most likely have to request this over and over again and it will be a big pain and a huge frustrating process literally fighting with people from Tesla that will tell you its not going to work in your car until you might get lucky and find someone who will install it.

With 2023.38.8, Tesla enables people in the backseat to connect wireless Bluetooth headphones that will receive audio from the rear screen while the audio coming out of the front screen will stay separate.

Tesla wrote in the release notes:

Passengers in the back seat can listen on wireless Bluetooth headphones when watching the Theater app on the rear touchscreen. The rest of the vehicle can continue to listen to other audio from the front.

• Informative
Reactions: cmarshack