Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 upgrade to a bigger rear screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not buy this from Tesla directly. however I do see many rear screens for sale on eBay.
Really? Any examples? What is the part number? Tesla Service Parts Catalog only lists:

1R94 REAR DISPLAY1673461-00-E

But it's unclear if this is the new larger display, the smaller older display, or if both share the same part number?? I also didn't find any on eBay by searching this part number.

Really? Any examples? What is the part number? Tesla Service Parts Catalog only lists:

1R94 REAR DISPLAY1673461-00-E

But it's unclear if this is the new larger display, the smaller older display, or if both share the same part number?? I also didn't find any on eBay by searching this part number.
Oh I saw a bunch of screens on eBay , not sure if they are older or newer. I’ll post some pictures of mine. It is definitely the newer screen because when I look up close I can see the thinner bezels in comparison to my old screen.
Here’s the ones that pop up when I search eBay. (Note I did not purchase from ebay.)
A7028ACB-C35F-4C3B-90F9-7B80F6E2EC8A.jpeg

Waiting for my MX to arrive next month and curious to know if an update has been done to allow the rascals in the 2nd row to watch movies and or play games via Bluetooth/wired headsets so the front passengers can still listen to music?

That’s disappointing. Wonder if they will update with an OTA but won’t hold my breath unless enough people complain about it I suppose
It is possible of course. They have change out the entire user interface multiple times and added features such as autopilot including FSD with *just* a software update.

It is a little tricky though, with multiple sets of headphones and multiple sources of audio floating around. I suspect it is real can of worms that Tesla has been reluctant to open, given the potential for failure and configuration errors. Have you ever tried using shared audio with multiple sets BT headphones on the same iPad? It works, but it is quite painful to set up and requires full cooperation among the parties. Not exactly compatible with typical back seat dynamics on a family road trip, if you get my drift. o_O

After I saw your video, I ordered the part from the SC. Looks like the old thick bezel part number is 1566028-00-C the newer thin bezel has 1673461-00-E. They cost $600 from tesla directly. It is over the counter part so anyone can get it.
So YouTube is still processing the video in HD and 4K. However if you didn’t want to wait for the better quality video you can go ahead and check it out here! If you enjoyed it or had any questions let me know and please subscribe!