Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts exactly. That's definitely going to slow down rollout. That was a huge update so lots of things that could go wrong.
I have driven it twice since the update. I am on the .3 variant. No issues so far. I haven't had the blind spot warning activate but the HiFi parking is good. It needs some adjustment as it should work when moving forward a little more than it does. It reverts to the standard display when moving more that 2 or 3 mph forward. It would be helpful in navigating drive thru or turns if the threshold was 5 mph. I am actually impressed with it especially compared to previous park assist. The other thing I want to try out is the rear BT connection for the back seats. Another win imho,

How accurate is the parking assist? I think complaints it does not show the distance is a bit overplayed, as BMW for example just shows your how close you are by changing color of the thing you are about to hit.

Definitely let us know if the Bluetooth in the rear works now as that will be a total win!

Reactions: Lee_B
How accurate is the parking assist? I think complaints it does not show the distance is a bit overplayed, as BMW for example just shows your how close you are by changing color of the thing you are about to hit.

Definitely let us know if the Bluetooth in the rear works now as that will be a total win!
I tested and confirmed the BT is separate in the rear. I connected a Bose QC35 to it and it works well. Make sure u raise the volume all the way up on the rear display because I couldn’t adjust the audio to the headset after the video started. It works as advertised. The Hifi park assist is impressive and not even sure how they do it. It works well and it should allow the present doors to be reprogrammed. I think the clarity will improve but it’s showing us what the car sees in greater detail. Me pulling out of the garage in hifi and really life

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 32
On the 3/Y you can rotate the image by swiping, on the X I assume it’s fixed view?

I was wondering about that too. It makes sense to keep the visualization on the IC where it's in front of the driver but there's no touchscreen component. Maybe you could do something with the stalks--- wait.

Bruce.

Well there's about 4 different software versions going out. It feels to me (based on zero information) that they're either doing some A/B testing or fixing last-minute bugs.

Bruce.
Still waiting here, but 2023.44.30.2 seems to be the majority for the Holiday Update although 44.30.4 has almost 1200 pending installs as of today.

Hi,
We have a MX23 with the smaller rear screen. After the holiday update we can now pair BT headsets to the rear screen. I was able to pair a Bose Qc35 to it, but not my kids cheapo BT headsets. I’m wondering if anyone knows what the compatibility requirements for pairing is? It mentions “Bluetooth classic” but I’m having a hard time figuring out what headsets has this, I dont want to give my kids the Bose ;) Just got to find some cheap ones to keep back there with some game controllers

I love how you can still listen to music in the front when you use headset for rear!

Reactions: zoomer0056
I have got 2023.44.30.6 - I have not driven the car after the install ( tomorrow i will drive ) my MX is 2019 model so the sw branch may be little different
Yesterday took the car for a drive to Big Sur before the rains start pounding the coastline later this week . Auto Pilot worked fine no issues. My MX2019 does not have a cabin camera , and I did not get an opportunity to use Autopark as the parking lot was full, but I did see a Cybertruck ( last place i expected to see a CT was Big Sur) - when the guy pulled out from the parking bay, it looked like a big monster , the guy had to maneuver it real carefully in the tight parking area.

Reactions: zoomer0056