Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.2.2.1 odometer display problem, pre-Autopilot Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NikkiT

Nov 23, 2021
Usa
After the 2024.2.2.1 update my odometer is way off center and on a side note my rear drivers side window refused to work until I removed the door panel and unplugged the regulator and re-connected it.
20231120_174938.jpg

Just out of curiosity what car are you driving? Is this a pre-Autopilot Model S with the MCU2 upgrade?

I'm guessing this is a hardware configuration they don't test much if at all on new software releases. (That doesn't excuse the problem of course.)

Bruce.

Just out of curiosity what car are you driving? Is this a pre-Autopilot Model S with the MCU2 upgrade?

I'm guessing this is a hardware configuration they don't test much if at all on new software releases. (That doesn't excuse the problem of course.)

Bruce.
I drive a 2014 Model S P85+ that doesn't have autopilot, I did have the infotainment upgrade done 18 months ago.

Reactions: bmah
First post. I'm the original owner of a 2013 Model S 85. I second this complaint. See attached images. The 2024.2.2.1 update, which is directed to the 'recall' for enlarging the text size of the brake/abs/park warnings, accomplished its goal of increasing the text size. But it also had the unintended effect of bumping the odometer text over to the left so that it is partially obscured by the speedometer. This is just the latest example of what I call "FSBS" (fix something break something), and I'm sick of it. The UI has gotten worse over the years, and I'll save my gripes for other posts. Anyway, I hope they fix this soon.
IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.PNG

This is why I stayed on V8.1 even when it would not longer work with the API and no app control. Then I upgraded to MCU2 which forced me to update and my supercharging speed got cut in half and I lost all search and indexing on USB music which was busted in 2019. They've never fixed it.

Reactions: Azathoth
Mine looks the same. It always seem like when they update things for the newest models it breaks something on the originals. It usually is corrected with the next release. It would be nice if they just made sure it works on all model years and models before pushing it out. In addition to the odometer not centered but completely to the left of center, each time I have turned on the car in the morning so far, three times the fm radio has forgotten the station that it was on. I usually don't worry about these becuse the usually repari it preety quickly but this time I actually tried using the bug report feature, not sure that even worked. It did seem to get the express lanes on South I-35E in Dallas added to the Navication. It only took 25 months to get it to show up but it did.

Reactions: KalJoMoS