TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

21" Rim Repair

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Frank the Tank, Mar 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Frank the Tank

Anyone know of any good places to bring 21" rims for repair in the SF bay area (preferably around peninsula)? I have 6 bent rims from pothole damage that I accumulated over 2 years. I figured I can fix and keep two to switch out in case it happens again so I don't have to buy new rims, and then the rest I can just repair and try to sell if anyone is interested.

2. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Ouch that sucks.

I just had a rim fixed this morning...actually exchanged, but it was here in the Phoenix area. The shop is a Tesla certified shop apparently and they keep wheels on hand, so for $250.00 you can just exchange your wheel and be on your way in an hour.

• Informative x 1
  3. Randaddy

Randaddy Member

Contact your service center for the info of their local wheel repair vendor. I had my CPO wheels refinished by whomever the Sunnyvale SC uses and they did a pretty good job.

There are always some options on Craigslist as well, although I'd probably go with a referral from my local SC first.

EDIT: You might get some more feedback if this thread was posted in the Northern California section too.

4. mrjedistud

mrjedistud Member

The service center will have a shop they use but will not get involved other than to give you the name and number. Other than cosmetic fixes the SC wants nothing to do with rim repairs. Which isn't a problem. You can just coordinate yourself.

5. sorka

sorka Active Member

6. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

Where in Phoenix was this? I now have this problem....

7. gopassgas

gopassgas Member

8. Frank the Tank

Awesome. Will check them out. Thanks for the suggestion.

9. Yarder

Yarder Member

So were your rims so damaged that they would not hold air, out of round like steering issues, or is this a cosmetic thing?