Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Rim Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of any good places to bring 21" rims for repair in the SF bay area (preferably around peninsula)? I have 6 bent rims from pothole damage that I accumulated over 2 years. I figured I can fix and keep two to switch out in case it happens again so I don't have to buy new rims, and then the rest I can just repair and try to sell if anyone is interested.

Ouch that sucks.

I just had a rim fixed this morning...actually exchanged, but it was here in the Phoenix area. The shop is a Tesla certified shop apparently and they keep wheels on hand, so for $250.00 you can just exchange your wheel and be on your way in an hour.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Anyone know of any good places to bring 21" rims for repair in the SF bay area (preferably around peninsula)? I have 6 bent rims from pothole damage that I accumulated over 2 years. I figured I can fix and keep two to switch out in case it happens again so I don't have to buy new rims, and then the rest I can just repair and try to sell if anyone is interested.

Contact your service center for the info of their local wheel repair vendor. I had my CPO wheels refinished by whomever the Sunnyvale SC uses and they did a pretty good job.

There are always some options on Craigslist as well, although I'd probably go with a referral from my local SC first.

EDIT: You might get some more feedback if this thread was posted in the Northern California section too.

The service center will have a shop they use but will not get involved other than to give you the name and number. Other than cosmetic fixes the SC wants nothing to do with rim repairs. Which isn't a problem. You can just coordinate yourself.