Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 S Plaid squeal/creak/screaming turning wheel/stopping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 S Plaid, 21k miles.

See (HEAR) attached videos. I've had it into service 3 times, never resolved even temporarily, and the latest was that it's just brake noise, and normal. They cleaned and lubricated brakes, but again, brake lubrication is pads or pins and this noise doesn't sound anything like noises that pads or pins make. I've had a lot of cars in my time, and I've never heard brakes make a noise like this.

Any ideas? If someone could point me in the right direction, I'll put the thing up in my garage and get pinpointed video of it for service as they're just brushing me off permanently now.

Mine ('21S with 41k) does the noise in the second video. Although I can't say I've heard it in a while but maybe I'm just used to it? I'll try it out later today.

I hear mine daily. It's embarassing really... $100k car that makes these noises in a drive thru line or parking lot or whatever. I'm tired of it and want it fixed, but service is just brushing it off.

Got the same exact creaking/squealing noise like first video when turning steering wheel lock to lock on 22 MSP.
  • When vehicle in park (foot off brake) no noise, turning wheel lock to lock.
  • When in park (foot on brake), turning wheel lock, there's noise.
  • When in reverse, but stationary, turning wheel lock to lock makes noise too
Service center replaced upper control arms, but noise still present.

Anyone actually get this noise fixed, please post what did it.
It's embarrassing having this noise and getting out of parking spots. :(

Got the same exact creaking/squealing noise like first video when turning steering wheel lock to lock on 22 MSP.
  • When vehicle in park (foot off brake) no noise, turning wheel lock to lock.
  • When in park (foot on brake), turning wheel lock, there's noise.
  • When in reverse, but stationary, turning wheel lock to lock makes noise too
Service center replaced upper control arms, but noise still present.

Anyone actually get this noise fixed, please post what did it.
It's embarrassing having this noise and getting out of parking spots. :(
I think this is completely normal, try to put car in neutral - there should be no noise. Your brakes are applied and car is squealing when you turn your wheel.

Tip: put minimum posible pressure on gas pedal just enough to disengage brakes. There will be no noise when turning and car will barely move few mm...