TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

22% depreciation in 8 months [Update: sold it for 5.4% less than new price]

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Marius A, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickjames

rickjames Member

Sorry, but my takeaway from this entire thread is your buddy had white seats, you saw them and regretted buying black seats. Then you decided to upgrade to a Performance while you were at it and wanted Tesla to foot the bill in some way shape or form because you had minor issues that some people are experiencing. No shame, just be honest and stop trying to sell your choice to people on a forum.

As far as other issues go, I have a March 2018 LR RWD 11XXX VIN and 26,900 miles that has some minor cosmetic defects that were eventually fixed. I had the phone problem, so I bought a new phone. Fixed. I had phantom braking, got the latest update. Fixed. I had swerving lane changes got the latest update. Fixed. I had issues waking the car from my house, bought a new router with better range. Fixed.

About 18,000 of my miles are on autopilot I can count on one hand how many times it has phantom braked on me. Two of those was in the exact same spot, exact same time of day. I was super pissed about its performance after some issues changing lanes that could have wrecked my car/got me pulled under suspicion of DUI, but after the past few updates it has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better than it was in March last year. It will only get better.

The only point I can agree with you on (sort of) is summon. I have had connection issues with smart summon, but they are in areas where I get like 2 bars and dropped calls near my office, but checking the car it has full bars. Lots of it has to do with your phones connection, not the other way around.

Enjoy your car. If you don't, get rid of it and get something else.

• Like x 6
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Moderator note: Some posts have been removed and this thread has been locked. Time to cool off people.

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.