Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'22 model 3 Qi charger question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my '22 M3LR a few months ago and it's fantastic. However I just reliever my new zFlip4 Friday and was quite disappointed to find that the charging coils won't mate when the phone is open but will mate when closed IF the phone is moved ~ 1" up from the base of the charger.

I did find a 3d printable adapter on thingiverse which allows charging but I would like a more elegant solution. So I am wondering if anyone has pulled the Qi charger on the newer center console before who might have pictures they can share. I am thinking about trying to stick a neodymium magnet in there to just hold the phone in place.

He'll, if I get a strong enough magnet it might just be able to be stuck on with some industrial tape from behind the assembly but since I can't seem to find any pics of the assembly I figured I would ask here. Heck, I might luck out and someone else already tried this and can share their findings.

Thanks!