Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

220V Garage preparation - cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My installation included a 50 amp breaker installed in my existing panel, running in conduit out the box, through CBS block into the crawl space, a 40 foot run in conduit in the crawl space, strapped to the joists, out the CBS and into a 14-50outlet box from
Home Depot. Used 6g wire for all. Took 3 hours, material cost was less than $150. Installed with the help of an electrician friend who was treated to dinner for his help! The Tesla recommended electrician quoted $2100!!!!! Have also added the Tesla charger holder and UberEv's UMC bracket. Car coming in 2 weeks. I'm ready.

By actual measure, it is 21' long. My cable would not reach if it were 18'. And my cable is a new one, recently replaced because of a sensitive switch for the charge port door.

Thanks for the correction, I suspect my 18' is the amount I measured south of the UMC "box". Either that or they shortened them up a bit (mine was replaced about 6 months after delivery).