Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 More Hours?!?! (Delivery Tomorrow)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone curious, here are some photos I snapped from the delivery process and from at home after yanking the front plate holder off (super easy). Loving this thing so far, and I retract my comment on the phone dock. It works awesome once I installed the little "side buffers" to keep the phone from flying out due to G-forces.

View attachment 222910 View attachment 222901 View attachment 222902 View attachment 222903 View attachment 222904 View attachment 222905 View attachment 222906 View attachment 222907 View attachment 222909

Damn sir - that is one good looking car! Congrats!

Reactions: jimmyz80
My experience with the door seals was the same as @Butrflyl8e and others who posted here. The seals are quite firm at first, but after a few weeks, they seat quite nicely. My car is now 18 months old and they are quite properly seated with no wind noise and less effort to close than when new. Seems like part of the design to me.

As others have said, give it a few weeks. If they still don't shut properly, then check with your SvC about them. Good luck with your beautiful car!

My front doors shifted down when opening. They were difficult to close. The SC had to adjust the latch/striker mechanisms on both of them. I would check to see if the door lowers about 5mm when opening, which is not normal. If not, then I guess it is the seals that have to get properly seated over time.

My front doors shifted down when opening. They were difficult to close. The SC had to adjust the latch/striker mechanisms on both of them. I would check to see if the door lowers about 5mm when opening, which is not normal. If not, then I guess it is the seals that have to get properly seated over time.
They definitely don't shift at all, and I can visually see that the latches are aligned as the meet. You can feel the seals sort of "squishing" as you push the door closed the last half an inch or so.

I'll just wait and see if they soften up a bit I guess.

Car looks Beautiful James. I didn't learn about Opti-Coat until AFTER I drove the car to L.A. and back. doh!! But I have an AWESOME detailer to was able to remove all the bugs, and prepare the car to perfection, and then put the OptiCoat Pro on. I love it! I am considering doing the Interior as well...

Reactions: jimmyz80
Car looks Beautiful James. I didn't learn about Opti-Coat until AFTER I drove the car to L.A. and back. doh!! But I have an AWESOME detailer to was able to remove all the bugs, and prepare the car to perfection, and then put the OptiCoat Pro on. I love it! I am considering doing the Interior as well...
Thanks! So far I have an appointment to have 3M Pro film installed on a number of panels on Tuesday, and then I'll need to coordinate for the Opticoat Pro installation after that.